• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

Yesterday I finished Jotun and was quite satisfied with it.

For starters the game is gorgeous and quite possibly one of the most beautiful hand-drawn games ever made.
In terms of gameplay it's an hybrid between Dark Souls and Titan Souls. You explore mostly empty spaces with no enemies and some environmental hazards like lava pits or thunderbolts, in order to collect runes that will open the arena where you'll fight a big boss with lots of health and some devastating telegraphed attacks. You don't die in one hit but sometimes 3 or 4 hits are enough to bring you from 100% to death.
The exploration part is what you'll spend most of your time doing and it's what will make or break the game for most people. Basically if you want non-stop action this isn't the game for you, however if you appreciate great art direction and story exposition about the Norse Mythology with minimal gameplay this game's a treat. There are a couple of secrets to be found like health extenders and magical powers with very limited uses.

The boss battles are all varied and range from the static big guy with AoE attacks to the nimble bitch that will you'll only be able to hit once every minute since your swings are purposely slow and heavy (you're carrying a big 2-handed axe afterall).
Finally, I'd like to mention the last boss battle especially how insanely hard it is. It might be the hardest boss battle in any game I've ever played but it's immensely satisfying being able to finally beat the gods and gain entrance to Valhalla.

The game is short (about 5h) so don't let it sit in your backlog, give it a try.

I played it last week and find it a very fun game :)
I started right away using no god powers and actually succeeded winning all the fights before the last boss. For some reason they made the last boss much harder than the previous bosses. So I had to use gods powers in order to win the fight

Ascheroth

Yesterday I finished Jotun and was quite satisfied with it.

For starters the game is gorgeous and quite possibly one of the most beautiful hand-drawn games ever made.
In terms of gameplay it's an hybrid between Dark Souls and Titan Souls. You explore mostly empty spaces with no enemies and some environmental hazards like lava pits or thunderbolts, in order to collect runes that will open the arena where you'll fight a big boss with lots of health and some devastating telegraphed attacks. You don't die in one hit but sometimes 3 or 4 hits are enough to bring you from 100% to death.
The exploration part is what you'll spend most of your time doing and it's what will make or break the game for most people. Basically if you want non-stop action this isn't the game for you, however if you appreciate great art direction and story exposition about the Norse Mythology with minimal gameplay this game's a treat. There are a couple of secrets to be found like health extenders and magical powers with very limited uses.

The boss battles are all varied and range from the static big guy with AoE attacks to the nimble bitch that will you'll only be able to hit once every minute since your swings are purposely slow and heavy (you're carrying a big 2-handed axe afterall).
Finally, I'd like to mention the last boss battle especially how insanely hard it is. It might be the hardest boss battle in any game I've ever played but it's immensely satisfying being able to finally beat the gods and gain entrance to Valhalla.

The game is short (about 5h) so don't let it sit in your backlog, give it a try.

Jup, Jotun is a fun little game. Did all the bosses without god powers (since I didn't even realize you had them during the first boss fight and then just continued rolling with it, lol).
Hardest boss battle still goes to Dark Fact from Ys I... or most Ys bosses on Nightmare difficulty, really.

Knurek

titst6ok1.png

Are you ready?
♪ Now Playing: Tour of Liberl ♪

The problem is the following: It might have been the best thinf they could've ported.
Natsume doesnt own the Harvest Moon series, just the brand name in West. The serie is owned by Marvelous which now releases it under the name Story of Seasons.

But is anything stopping Marvelous from porting things to Steam?

Ludens

Banned
Jase, can you tell me if, by purchasing the D1 Edition of Syberia 3, you have also access to the digital artbook (Steam gives it for preordering vanilla or Deluxe editions, but I don't know if it's a Steam only bonus).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase, can you tell me if, by purchasing the D1 Edition of Syberia 3, you have also access to the digital artbook (Steam gives it for preordering vanilla or Deluxe editions, but I don't know if it's a Steam only bonus).

I've no idea. There's no sub with all three games, so the first two are either non-Steam or separate keys.

Edit: Amazon UK's product description just says "Missed out on Syberia 1 + Syberia 2? This PC-exclusive Day One Edition also includes both original adventures chronicling Kate's magical journey to find the island of Syberia and track down the last of the mammoths." I'd operate under the assumption that the pre-order bonuses aren't included.

Ludens

Banned
I've no idea. There's no sub with all three games, so the first two are either non-Steam or separate keys.

Edit: Amazon UK's product description just says "Missed out on Syberia 1 + Syberia 2? This PC-exclusive Day One Edition also includes both original adventures chronicling Kate’s magical journey to find the island of Syberia and track down the last of the mammoths." I'd operate under the assumption that the pre-order bonuses aren't included.

Thanks.

Tomasety

Edit: Amazon UK's product description just says "Missed out on Syberia 1 + Syberia 2? This PC-exclusive Day One Edition also includes both original adventures chronicling Kate’s magical journey to find the island of Syberia and track down the last of the mammoths." I'd operate under the assumption that the pre-order bonuses aren't included.

I think pre-order bonuses are included for standard edition in all digital stores.
At least that's what I saw on Humblebundle.

EbUwQ7k.png

Ludens

Banned
I think pre-order bonuses are included for standard edition in all digital stores.
At least that's what I saw on Humblebundle.

EbUwQ7k.png

Yeah on Humble they give you the digital artbook too, but if you pre-order on the store, the D1 Edition comes with Syberia 1+2, very disappointing bonus considering those games were given for free or they were dirty cheap several times.

Also there's a streaming going on right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJHBYVqmLg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reminder that keys for Kimmy were added to the humble monthly january

Dinjoralo

Because Route A was decent. I guess criticising things means you hate every aspect of them. I will make note of this fact and only have completely positive, or completely negative things to say about all forms of entertainment from this point forward.
Reminds me of comments about the Witcher 3's combat, where apparently there's no way to describe anything between "good" and "completely awful".

Ascheroth

Reminds me of comments about the Witcher 3's combat, where apparently there's no way to describe anything between "good" and "completely awful".
That's how internet criticism works in general, most of the time :p
Things are either the best thing ever or irredeemable garbage that should be burned off the face of the earth.

voodooray

The Microids giveaway has started sending the keys out

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Syberia 2 -- MB-B3538EE95680A72F - Taken by SunDimension24

Speaking of The Surge, new combat trailer.

Looks lot faster than I expected. That vanquish-style knee slide heh.

I wonder how that dodge for low sweeping attacks works. Will the dodge button do that automatically when an attack of that kind is incoming? A specific button for vertical dodges? Tapping the jump button?

I think the combat looks promising. Hadn't seen that knee slide before. Seems to be somewhere between Souls and Bloodborne in terms of speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom