• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

I'm interested in Quake Champions. It actually looks quite good. Hearing complaints baout low player counts on streams though. Like real long waiting times for matchmaking as well. I think I'll wait for the free release and see how it does then.

I'm repeating myself but every jrpg in existence needs a Turbo mode

Every JRPG needs an editor that cuts out the filler. These games have most of the time spinning their wheels in mid game.

I'm interested in Quake Champions. It actually looks quite good. Hearing complaints baout low player counts on streams though. Like real long waiting times for matchmaking as well. I think I'll wait for the free release and see how it does then.
Server issues are the culprit right now I reckon. I haven't been able to get a game going because of all the server connection errors.

Hektor

Didn't really had any waiting times when I played it yesterday. Tho the player count is indeed not very high.

Pretty sure the game will be dead a few months from now tho

Xater

Didn't really had any waiting times when I played it yesterday. Tho the player count is indeed not very high.

Pretty sure the game will be dead a few months from now tho

That would be a shame. To me it looks like a better return of the arena shooter than Lawbreakers.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

NOCT -- MB-B885FD49B5C10FB8 - Taken by Vuze
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-750B72BD77871739 - Taken by KainXVIII

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DH56YDSUIAAtqT_.jpg

these are usually good (thats bundlestars before you ask)

You can use turbo mode outside of battle too, and it doesn't skip dialog boxes.

You don't breeze through the part where you are actually playing -- that is, making the decisions -- you skip and/or speed up the sequences where you watch your decisions playing out.

IMHO, the combat is easily in the top 15% of all JRPGs. Especially if you play on hard where you have to make be pretty good with your strategic decisions.

It shaves off so many hours because as in any rpg you'll fight hundreds of battles throughout the game and yes, the battle animations in Sky are notoriously slow.
In Cold Steel all battle animations can be skipped, but in Sky you can only skip ultimate attacks (which have a mini-cutscene), making battles drag on for too long. Turbo mode fixes this which is imo the only big flaw these games have.

That makes sense, I guess. Fine, I'm installing the FC. I'll play it later this week.

I'm repeating myself but every jrpg in existence needs a Turbo mode

Turbo mode for Dark Souls would be amazing.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but that really cool looking isometric game that looks like The Thing comes out today. It's called Distrust.
I think someone mentioned it like a month ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but that really cool looking isometric game that looks like The Thing comes out today. It's called Distrust.

was literally just looking at it. It's quite cheap too.

There is a demo so might be sensible to try it out first, the forums are conflicted. Almost bought it but this week is Guardians of the Galaxy and Uncharted and next week is XCOM!

There is a demo so might be sensible to try it out first, the forums are conflicted. Almost bought it but this week is Guardians of the Galaxy and Uncharted and next week is XCOM!

Didn't even know there was a demo. Sweet!

Totally forgot about that X-Com dlc!
Does anyone know if it comes with all the past dlc?

DH56YDSUIAAtqT_.jpg

these are usually good (thats bundlestars before you ask)

Bundlestars is the best. Always the best priced and best games (aside from Humble). Gala has gone downhill and is super expensive. I should really start "happy hour splitting" but it seems like a lot of work.

MUnited83

For you.
Bundlestars is the best. Always the best priced and best games (aside from Humble). Gala has gone downhill and is super expensive. I should really start "happy hour splitting" but it seems like a lot of work.

Takes no work at all, just find a group for the bundle and reserve a spot.

Deques

Only takes time when you are the organizer of bundle splitting

Takes no work at all, just find a group for the bundle and reserve a spot.

Here is the group for bundle splitting
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions
Most of these group buys are "subscription" based and all the spots are filled almost instantly. So the only hassle is that you have to act fast to join a group buy

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I will try one now and see how she goes.

Slots tend to fill up very quickly, but there are a couple of people who buy a bunch of spares and sell them with only a tiny profit margin attached (usually just a few extra cents), so either way you're still getting a much better deal versus buying the bundle yourself.

Phinor

F1 2017 preload is available.

*excited*

I was excited until last month when I bought this stupid rift that makes non-VR racing games feel inferior. Also ruined Forza 7 hype at the same time. I really hope they (or someone! anyone!) patch VR support into F1 2017 but I predict there's exactly 0% chance of that happening.

Ah well, I bought F1 anyway. I need my fix.

I don't see why you should, unless you want to collect games, even the turd ones. As JaseC said, you might end up finding a group buy but a bit more expensive from those who sell with profit.

I sort of "collect turd games" but usually there is 1 or 2 actual games in these bundles so I would buy the bundle if it is cheap.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't see why you should, unless you want to collect games, even the turd ones. As JaseC said, you might end up finding a group buy but a bit more expensive from those who sell with profit.
Be aware that the group you posted don't allow group buys for profit however.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Really tempted to get the $10 tier of the new Humble Bundle since the only one I own is Alien Isolation, but I'm annoyed that Dead by Daylight is one of those games that has a standard edition and a deluxe edition, but no option to upgrade to the deluxe edition if you already own the standard edition.
I'm pretty sure the Deluxe Edition has like nothing super worthwhile in it anyway. Just the soundtrack, a digital art book, and two masks for Payday 2. Unless you're super into the masks for P2, I don't think it's worth the upgrade.

Is there a reason they updated .hack goo instead of starting at the beginning of the series?

G.U. were better games than the first quadrology.

The bigger "problem" about G.U. is that it was connected to too many other media products imo. Roots is (imo) kinda a must-see to understand the relationship between a lot of characters. Then there were 2 light novel "side-stories" released by Tokyopop that explain certain aspects of The World 2.0.

Lain

Is there a reason they updated .hack goo instead of starting at the beginning of the series?

Probably would have required more to update the first 4 games, plus with G.U. they can add that new episode and hopefully go on from there.
At least they have the video digests (or what they're called) together with the game to get the people new to the games up to speed.

Teggy

G.U. were better games than the first quadrology.

The bigger "problem" about G.U. is that it was connected to too many other media products imo. Roots is (imo) kinda a must-see to understand the relationship between a lot of characters. Then there were 2 light novel "side-stories" released by Tokyopop that explain certain aspects of The World 2.0.

Probably would have required more to update the first 4 games, plus with G.U. they can add that new episode and hopefully go on from there.
At least they have the video digests (or what they're called) together with the game to get the people new to the games up to speed.

Is the deal with the story that the whole thing takes place inside the mmo or does it affect the outside world?

What I am wondering is if they retcon the whole The World R3/3.0 or if they, if G.U. remake is succesfull, they still continue with R2/2.0

Phawx

New Bundle Stars bundle is Tiny Build heavy.

Not that that's a problem. Just that I own most of it.

Edit: Actually I own all of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom