• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Lawbreakers Steamspy numbers even accurate? I'm pretty sure the beta was using the same appid so that would mean everyone who tried the game before release would be counted as an owner right?

Tonton

Are Lawbreakers Steamspy numbers even accurate? I'm pretty sure the beta was using the same appid so that would mean everyone who tried the game before release would be counted as an owner right?
Well the owner count seems to have dropped heavily from around 500k to 30k with launch, so maybe they're not being counted

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

SteamSpy seems to be better about adjusting for limited-time access as the beta subs were invalidated at the beginning of the month and the number quickly plummeted to ~13k.

If the beta had 500k players, and only 30k bought it, it's probably not a good game.

It might be good, but the market might be saturated. People in the Lawbreakers thread are defending it and saying that the market for an arena-shooter and something like PUBG doesnt overlap but imo it does.

I love Arena-shooters, didnt get into Lawbreakers during the Betas, but also think Quake Champions feel more like an oldschool arena shooter than Lawbreakers. I also wont play Quake Champions much, because between Overwatch, PUBG and SP games, I dont have time to learn the skills for a game whose community might be almost dead in a few months.

Sonic Mania PC is delayed. Fuck them :")
Pre-purchase now for Sonic 1 free.

It better be the Taxman version or fuck them big time and I cancel it.

Edit: It's not the taxman. I refund my pre-order, gtfo sega.

Well, at least I got Cold Steel to playthrough but fuck, even worst is announcing the news 4 days before release. And I don't need another fucking copy of Sonic 1.

Mainly to fix some issues with the PC port apparently.

Well, they had a year for this. I'm not paying the same price as others to be treated like a second class citizen, 2 weeks later and as compensation a dumb Megadrive ROM of Sonic 1 which I already have.

Tizoc

wait what the fuck
header.jpg

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/669650/Tiny_Thief/

The first was on Steam but I can't find it's steam page anymore not even via the steam client. It appears to have been replaced with the new game (2nd image).

I have that newer game on my wishlist and am worried what would happen if I were to try and install it in same directory as the old one.

MadGear

Mission design in chapter 2 of MGSV might not be as good as I wanted it to be but story wise this makes up for a lot in chapter 1.

I'm also getting pretty close to the ending now and honestly, this game got me oddly interested in revisiting MGS1. This might not be the best idea since I doubt it aged all that well but yeah, I'm curious about it after not having played it for such a long time. Too bad this game isn't on Steam, it would save me from searching for the CD (got the PC version).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait what the fuck
header.jpg

header.jpg

The first was on Steam but I can't find it's steam page anymore not even via the steam client. It appears to have been replaced with the new game (2nd image).

I have that newer game on my wishlist and am worried what would happen if I were to try and install it in same directory as the old one.

The original release was yanked almost a year ago to the day now, but it wasn't, as SteamDB says, "deleted". It's not in your library because you don't own it.

madjoki

wait what the fuck
header.jpg

header.jpg

https://steamdb.info/app/257080/config/
https://steamdb.info/app/669650/config/

Doesn't use same folder. (one has space and other doesn't)

Apparently the new one is unauthorized Chinese clone so thanks Steam Direct :D

Tizoc

The original release was yanked almost a year ago to the day now. It's not in your library because you don't own it.

Sorry I shouldve mentioned: I already DO own the game.
Why was it delisted?
It is the 2nd game that I don't own and will get down the line.

Mivey

I was thinking in terms of 1. incomplete story and 2. built around a single "hub" city.

There's also a clear focus on rebuilding the game's combat, while neglecting a lot of other aspects of the game. (like, uh, the RPG aspects of the game)
The plot in Deus Ex games is to me always secondary to the game play and it's emergent properties. Mankind Divided as a a lot of those, and Praque is incredibly well realized.

Mankind Divided is a good (not great) game. But it's not a good Deus Ex game.
Also Prague is super overrated as a hub world. COME AT ME.
Laughable. It's okay if our tastes differ on this, but don't expect any understanding from me.

Human Revolution had the benefit that people were expecting toss and got a decent Deus Ex from a team that was clearly quite "fresh" and inexperienced in how to do that. The game has very few optional side missions, and the main story is incredibly linear, even by old Deus Ex 1 standards. The bosses are terrible, even in the Directors Cut, where they are just barely acceptable. No comparison with the beauty of the first game that allowed you to just completely ignore them, or come prepared and blow someone up with a word. (Proving the pen is mightier than the sword)
Mankind Divided is, in comparison, far more mature and consistent with the design principles it claims to follow. The split in two parts is sad, but not at all a deal breaker for me. I doubt that it would have sold more if they had reduced the scope of the story and given us a one parter. Bad marketing is to blame ('member the horribly pre-order campaign?) , and perhaps also lack of a mass market appeal. Deux Ex is, after all, quite a refined taste.

Nabs

9rYfZDQ.png

That call. Things have been going so well for us in PC Gaming Land, I forgot to always default with this.

chronomac

Sega's 4 days from the release of their most anticipated Sonic game in years and they can't make it over the finish line without hitting the floor.

So yes, it's the Genesis version of Sonic 1 that is offered. And if you own it already ? You get shit.
Refunded, I'll wait for a 75% discount to buy it :")

chronomac

Well, they basically are treating the PC version as a second class citizen one.
I know Sega’s not the titan they once were and they’ve got a middling track record with Sonic games but it still amazes me that their streams and overall communication with Sonic stuff is so poor.

Tizoc

Well, they basically are treating the PC version as a second class citizen one.

Come on mate they announced the game for PC day 1 and have worked on it alongside the other versions.
Bugs discovered late in development aren't an uncommon thing, but in the case of this game it forced them to delay it, unfrotunately.

I am reminded of Velocity 2X and how it didn't get fixed for Windows 10 users until a whole year later.

Phawx

Needed more time to implement Denuvo.

New Chrono games:

[Instant Rewards] Chrono Store: Insurgency - 1% claimed - 6000 coins - https://chrono.gg/shop
#76530 » [Instant Rewards] Chrono Store: Super Trench Attack! - 1% claimed - 3000 coins - https://chrono.gg/shop

Madjoki with the clutch announcement. Was just coming here to say this.

In other news, I'm looking to play with some PUBG squad or duos with some Steam Friends. I'm on US East Coast, so preferable for latency, however LMK. Would like to play with you fine people.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that NMS update looks meaty. I didnt even know there were buggys now, apparently thats not even new.

I still want the game but I keep waiting for it to pop on a monthly as the highlight title, or I did until someone pointed out the positive rating "clause" they have, which NMS doesnt have nor will it ever have because thats how the internet works I guess.

Although I cant find that "clause" anyware on humble monthly's page now tho (the one supposedly claiming games will be very positive, or positive steam rating or whatever... I could swear I saw it when it was pointed out months ago)

Come on mate they announced the game for PC day 1 and have worked on it alongside the other versions.
Bugs discovered late in development aren't an uncommon thing, but in the case of this game it forced them to delay it, unfrotunately.

I am reminded of Velocity 2X and how it didn't get fixed for Windows 10 users until a whole year later.

Yeah, it's all about priority. The game is finished since a long moment since they already have the game up on Switch eShop and other consoles for review purposes. They just didn't prioritize the PC version. It's not uncommon indeed, they had two weeks before the release to realize that.

Tizoc

Oh hey my giveaway ended heh
Congrats to the winners hope you enjoy the games :D

Yeah, it's all about priority. The game is finished since a long moment since they already have the game up on Switch eShop and other consoles for review purposes. They just didn't prioritize the PC version. It's not uncommon indeed, they had two weeks before the release to realize that.

Well the game isn't up on PSN nor XBL for download and play is it?

jtb

Banned
The plot in Deus Ex games is to me always secondary to the game play and it's emergent properties. Mankind Divided as a a lot of those, and Praque is incredibly well realized.

Laughable. It's okay if our tastes differ on this, but don't expect any understanding from me.

Human Revolution had the benefit that people were expecting toss and got a decent Deus Ex from a team that was clearly quite "fresh" and inexperienced in how to do that. The game has very few optional side missions, and the main story is incredibly linear, even by old Deus Ex 1 standards. The bosses are terrible, even in the Directors Cut, where they are just barely acceptable. No comparison with the beauty of the first game that allowed you to just completely ignore them, or come prepared and blow someone up with a word. (Proving the pen is mightier than the sword)
Mankind Divided is, in comparison, far more mature and consistent with the design principles it claims to follow. The split in two parts is sad, but not at all a deal breaker for me. I doubt that it would have sold more if they had reduced the scope of the story and given us a one parter. Bad marketing is to blame ('member the horribly pre-order campaign?) , and perhaps also lack of a mass market appeal. Deux Ex is, after all, quite a refined taste.

What was emergent about Mankind Divided? It was even worse on that front than Human Revolution was

Anyways, the fact that they keep forcing this idiotic "Aug incident" bullshit around the story tells me that this franchise will never have an interesting setting/plot/whatever ever again

I went with Super Trench Attack out of the two new Chrono.gg games. Apparently already had Insurgency in my library, assuredly from some bundle years ago. And Super Trench Attack has some pretty decent reviews and it looks amusing, soooo...

Phinor

It might be good, but the market might be saturated. People in the Lawbreakers thread are defending it and saying that the market for an arena-shooter and something like PUBG doesnt overlap but imo it does.

I definitely think one of the main issues is the saturated market at this point. I played Lawbreakers in one of the early betas and it was really good even back then. It's just that it's not better than any of the other half a dozen multiplayer shooter games I already have so why would I buy another one. Heck, I haven't had time to play Rainbow Six Siege or Titanfall 2 either and those two are fantastic multiplayer games. Thankfully PUGB just isn't doing it for me so at least I only have way too many multiplayer shooters minus one to play at any given moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom