• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

To me, LawBreakers looks damn awesome and up my alley. My problem is, that I already need time for Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, and some other multiplayer games. Soon there's Quake and Call of Duty too. I just can't find the time.

ArjanN

Sad to see a genuinely great game doing badly just because people decided it was a clone of something else.

I haven't played it, but people complaining it was too similar to Overwatch was pretty dumb considering Overwatch itself was way closer to being a clone of Team Fortress 2.

Javier23

Banned
To me, LawBreakers looks damn awesome and up my alley. My problem is, that I already need time for Overwatch, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, and some other multiplayer games. Soon there's Quake and Call of Duty too. I just can't find the time.
I dunno, me thinks that if the game was good or original enough you'd prioritize it over at least another of those. As it is though, I feel like there's much better choices whatever type of MP you may be into.

Just my 2 cents. Been expecting this game to bomb for ages now.

in scholor of the first sin how do you get more spell uses? Im a cleric and have some spells that only have a few uses. ive level faith but that doesnt seem to help. Do i need to use them to level them?

Do steam gift cards work globally? Most I find online say global even though they are in one currency or another. I currently live in China and I am having some trouble with payments so I was thinking of going the gift card route.

LawBreakers isn't necessarily floundering because people think it's a clone, it just didn't catch interest in the way a lot of multiplayer only releases don't. They simply need a lot of buzz these days to gain traction, and LawBreakers didn't even with a few beta periods. I mean it didn't even feel like Overwatch because unlike that it seemed like LawBreakers actually had a more important DM component to its skillset as well as the whole anti-gravity design element of all the stages. However it's also just a very cluttered, very ugly looking game with no real charm or strong identity to it.

It's so much better than Rogue Legacy.

Only half-joking.
The DEEP CUTS, you guys are ruthless.

No, Early Access games are not eligible so unless it gets retail release this year it's a no-go.

Yeah we need to do away with this rule. The lines between early access and full release have blurred so much that it might not as well exist anymore. PUBG is a bonafide PC gaming phenomenon, the likes of which we haven't seen since Minecraft. There will be many folks who spend more time in this game than any other this year and many will consider it the best game they played in 2017. They should be allowed to express that sentiment when the year end voting comes around. Yes, it'll have glitches, bugs & missing features and people can take that into account when voting, but there's no reason not to let them vote for it at all.

And why do we even have this rule in the first place? Is it "to be fair" the Arkham Knights and Assassins Creed Unitys of the world that achieved the monumental task of reaching version 1.0? For the record, I had the same issue last year with Blood & Wine. It was the best RPG I played in 2016. It was longer and better than most full games I played but it wasn't eligible because it was classified as DLC.

The SteamGAF GOTY should accept any game released on Steam that has a release date in that particular calendar year. If the community decides that DLC or early access stuff merits it more than full games then so be it.

Do steam gift cards work globally? Most I find online say global even though they are in one currency or another. I currently live in China and I am having some trouble with payments so I was thinking of going the gift card route.

Yeah they do. If you buy a Steam wallet card from another region it will activate on your account and convert to your store currency at whatever exchange rate Valve has at the time. Still, just to be safe, start with a small $5 gift card and see if it works before investing more.

NeoRaider

Beginning of the Prey demo runs so good on my PC. I am really surprised and wasn't expecting performance to be this good.

It's not the pretties game, but still...

No, Early Access games are not eligible so unless it gets retail release this year it's a no-go.

EDIT: From their Steam page: "So, we have decided that we are going push the full launch back a bit from the initial six-month timeframe, but want to assure you that we are still planning a full release before the end of Q4 2017."

It will be near the top for me if it makes this year for release, but PUBG, NieR, and What Remains of Edith Finch have solid competition from older games that released on Steam in Bayonetta and and Planescape: Torment.

kionedrik

I just remembered something, wasn't there going to be a new release of Dark Souls 3 with all the DLC and revamped maps/enemies like Scholar of the First Sin? What happened to it?

Tizoc

Yoooooooooo that G I Joe and TF bundle is quite good.
The $15 tier has the first IDW TF comics run in a chronological order of sorts. Mind you it might feel outdated (namely Megatron Origins).

Is this eligible for SteamGAF GOTY? :thinking

GotY 2 years ina row dang.

Tizoc

Yo heads up a recently released game on Steam is in this bundle for $3.49
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/677720/Tangrams_Deluxe/

https://www.indiegala.com/hump?utm_...l&utm_campaign=HUMP+DAY+BUNDLE+#42+-+20170816

The Keep was a well received 3DS dungeon crawler/RPG if you're into that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so am i just insane or did more games get removed from my game count on my profile? Did anyone else have this happen to them?

everytime someone says this I honestly dont understand how you guys even know how many games you have.

its just random numbers for me after a while. Let me check...

4343... yeh im sure ill remember that in 2 weeks if a game disapears

Ladekabel

Depends if you want it on Steam or if UPlay works for you as well. You can only get Steam version from Steam and it's not currently on sale.
Cheapest Uplay key is currently at GamesPlanet, according to ITAD.

Thanks. Don't really care if uPlay or Steam. But I think I'll wait until the Holiday Sale to buy it. Wanted to play Unity and Syndicate before Origins because I haven't played the series since Black Flag but I think I'll do that later.

everytime someone says this I honestly dont understand how you guys even know how many games you have.

its just random numbers for me after a while. Let me check...

4343... yeh im sure ill remember that in 2 weeks if a game disapears

I keep a wordpad of my entire game collection physically and digitally across everything from Atari 2600 to Switch and i updated my list when i got my last batch of Steam keys and i was at 6,934 and today I redeemed 5 games and 1 OST key(s) from the Go Go Bundle Mega #3 and I look at my game count and i'm only at 6,930 now. It was painfully obviously when i lost like 50+? to my game count when digital homicide? removed all their steam games.

Don't they stay in your library? My understanding was that they were erased from Steam API and no longer add up to your game count.

yup you keep them from the last big bulk of games getting delisted to now (had to check my library for each game in that current listings which is how i found out).

AHA-Lambda

Wow...

Of all the games it had to be, Night Trap is at present literally unbeatable due to a bug (at least on the PC version) that causes the player to lose control after a certain scene, meaning they will then lose the game.

Of all the games it could have been how did this happen? =/
(I'm guessing I'm the only one here playing it given I've seen no discussion on it =/)

FWIW, PC port ain't great anyway, there is no way to actually quit the game apart from using Alt+F4
Yep.

Wok

Anyone played Cat Quest yet? Would it be a good Diablo substitute for a Macbook or is it a different genre.

I have finished it, but I have never played Diablo...

Cat Quest is a very enjoyable game, with cute characters adorable dialogues, and lots of puns. In terms of gameplay, I have played it with a controller, and it is very simple: attack, roll, and additional buttons for the spells. The game becomes a bit repetitive after a while, because quests almost always involve clearing a little dungeon, and then getting a reward.

The bigger PUBG gets, the hotter the takes get 😅😅

The new thread is something.

Yeah I know, there are so many different and strange arguments against it's success, like some people just can't fathom why it's popular or that a PC only game can sell 7 million units without a console version, people say some dumb shit.

Freezard

Is there any way to hide the VR category in the games library? I have a VR category with one game in it even though I've put it in another category, can't remove it.

Is there any way to hide the VR category in the games library? I have a VR category with one game in it even though I've put it in another category, can't remove it.
It's really annoying, I've tried to hide the VR entry of Sayonara Umihara Kawase, but that ends up hiding the entry in my main list too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom