• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

for some reason Legend of heroes ;trails in the sky FC keeps getting put in the download queue but nothing seemingly gets updated .

Ludens

Banned
I really hope to see a release date for Metal Gear Survive the next week, with a re-reveal trailer showing the sp of the game.
Plus Sega announcing an HD Remaster for Shenmue 1+2 would make my day...and a PC version of FFXV, of course, with XII following.

Dec

for some reason Legend of heroes ;trails in the sky FC keeps getting put in the download queue but nothing seemingly gets updated .

It is happening with the other TiTs games as well, I don't think it is a mistake. Just changes that don't require any downloading relating to the new features it received recently (turbo mode, dx9).

For example I believe the patch added more paths that it checks for save files in.

Hey fellers,

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/532190/Super_Blood_Hockey/

If you played and loved Ice Hockey (NES) then I can reasonably assume that you would really like Super Blood Hockey. For people that haven't played Ice Hockey (NES), imagine a very simplified arcade-y Hockey game that features players who align with a Paper, Rocks, Scissors formula. It's fast, offers a decent amount of nuance to gameplay for people who wish to excel and, most importantly, it's extremely fun.

My only gripe is that it doesn't feature online multiplayer so I had to resort to shenanigans with streaming video to a friend and capturing his gamepad controls.

So currently that's the only caveat to my recommendation. If you require Online Multi, I understand how that can be a deal breaker. But if you're lucky to have the ability to play local multiplayer, it's easy to recommend.

Here's some video of me playing with a friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efwiEeNBZbE

Definitely added to my wishlist. No online multiplayer will is tough buy, even though small indie games like this rarely have a large or persistent online community.

Anteater

once in a blue moon i'd click on that league of legends thread by mistake and it feels like i've walked into some alternate universe because i still see zkylon posting, but i have no idea what he's talking about and it's not the steam thread

Ludens

Banned
Do you think there's a chance for Disney Afternoon to be delisted in the near future (because of Disney)? Same for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Do you think there's a chance for Disney Afternoon to be delisted in the near future (because of Disney)?

I mean any time an external publisher handles a licensed property there is a risk, but Capcom presumably did not license the stuff from Disney to discontinue it in less than a year. MvC3 was delisted but was relicensed to promote it before the launch of MvC:I. You can surely wait until the Christmas sale or later.

SickBoy

Definitely added to my wishlist. No online multiplayer will is tough buy, even though small indie games like this rarely have a large or persistent online community.

I would love to get this (context: Super Blood Hockey) for local multiplayer, but really Switch and PS4 are my best options for that. I tweeted the developer and he said he's looking into console ports.

https://twitter.com/lorenlemcke/status/898262153534242817

Still really strongly considering picking it up, but it's one of those games I don't think I'd want to play too much single-player because really most of the fun seems like it'd be in multiplayer and it's no fun for me (or my friends) if I'm outclassing them just through large amounts of practice... and my PC lives in my room.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, those crazy Swiss. First they poke holes in cheese and now they're doing the same with web design.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished the Darkwood prologue

giphy.gif

That enough for now ;_;

Rizzi

So I've played a few hours of Agents of Mayhem, and I actually really enjoy it.
It just runs like poop, and that makes me sad.

Wok

It looks like if some edgy teen hacker got a hold of superhot's source code and went wild with it.

What if it is the same dev?

Edit: Hmmm... It is funny because the game looks like it could be a mix of SUPERHOT and Memory of a Broken Dimension.

Edit²: The guy is a member of a group whose admin is the following guy:

VOQPHws.png

This admin has never played any game, but owns 3 games:

olR2oL5.png

I think it is pretty safe to assume ONEVISION GAMES is behind all 3 games:

Jawmuncher

Nah but for real why was
Chris Redfield in the game

He works for a new corporation that supposedly was formed to fix umbrellas mistakes that still linger. So the DLC probably leads the story into showing how the game has more of an RE connection to the overal universe than people think. With an easier aspect of doing that will be with a returning face. Since the DLC is in a way the true ending of Re7

Plesiades

Didn't Superhot have like a meta narrative in it? Maybe one of the people inside the universe became obsessed with the game and created this.

Who knows if it bridges the gap into a possible sequel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is it super creepy?

its oppressive, which is the worst kind (worst as in best lol) kind of horror for me. Mostly because of the limited line of sight and amazing sound design. I dont think there was a single jump scare in the prologue (there's kinda one but you know its coming).

its a survival game at heart, but it doesnt seem to be a roguelike, its very clear in starting with the prologue, and going into Chapter 1 after.

There is also a nice
bait and switch
moment in the prologue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom