• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2015 - _ Diretide Greetings and Happy Holidailies

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

CVfJX_yWIAAY4XT.jpg

what a dick move...what a dick move.

This is going to be like FF7 before it was announced....right?

Momentary

Banned
Reposting this here from Darius OT

Instead of using modbit and havong this end uo as a +1 in somwones library im going to do this a little different. I'm giving away a copy of the STEAM version of DARIUSBURST. All you got to do is send me a PM with 2 lists:

Top 5 Shoot'em Ups on STEAM

Top 5 Upcoming Shoot'me Ups

The titlr of you message should be DARIUSBURST CONTEST. I'll compare what you send me.with my list. You'll get 1 point for having the same ge.as me on the list and an additional 2 points if you have it in the same placement as my list.

The only Shooters that will be on this list are horizontal and vertical scrolling shooters. Twin-stick, isometric, top-down, space shooters, etc will not be on my list. This narrows things down quite a bit for you fine folks.

Upcoming Shooters can come from any platorm. Not just PC.

You have until tomorrow @9:00pm/2100 EST to hand in your lists. I'll try to have the winners announced before 1130pm/2300 on the same day.

Good luck!!!!

PROTIP: Your chances can vastly improve if you know where to look. I've got stuff here and on STEAM.

DasFool

Nier: Automata
FFVII:Remake
XCOM 2
Persona 5
Dark Souls 3
FFXV
KH3
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Danganronpa 3
Zero Escape 3

I don't think i've ever been looking forward to so many GODTier games at the same time.

The Japanese game is SO strong next year. Can't wait.

Grief.exe

Excited for Dark Souls 3!

Question, I'm thinking of buying an Alienware alpha for my living room, think DS3 will play smoothly on it?

What's the GPU?

Generally people rip out the GPUs and buy a brand new one, which seems counter intuitive as they are spending money only to spend more money.

DasFool

Excited for Dark Souls 3!

Question, I'm thinking of buying an Alienware alpha for my living room, think DS3 will play smoothly on it?

Don't know the specifications of that machine, but looking at the amazing jump from DS1 to DS2 on the PC, it's safe to say FROM will deliver a well-optimized version.

Tizoc

Reposting this here from Darius OT

Instead of using modbit and havong this end uo as a +1 in somwones library im going to do this a little different. I'm giving away a copy of the STEAM version of DARIUSBURST. All you got to do is send me a PM with 2 lists:

Top 5 Shoot'em Ups on STEAM

Top 5 Upcoming Shoot'me Ups

The titlr of you message should be DARIUSBURST CONTEST. I'll compare what you send me.with my list. You'll get 1 point for having the same ge.as me on the list and an additional 2 points if you have it in the same placement as my list.

The only Shooters that will be on this list are horizontal and vertical scrolling shooters. Twin-stick, isometric, top-down, space shooters, etc will not be on my list. This narrows things down quite a bit for you fine folks.

Upcoming Shooters can come from any platorm. Not just PC.

You have until tomorrow @9:00pm/2100 EST to hand in your lists. I'll try to have the winners announced before 1130pm/2300 on the same day.

Good luck!!!!

PROTIP: Your chances can vastly improve if you know where to look. I've got stuff here and on STEAM.

Err I can only answer the first 5, let me look up the other 5 >_>;

L.O.R.D

anyone manage to play shadow complex without that client ?
it's taking 400mb from the graphic ram.

i am searching for offline patch.

FLD

Not really since they're reusing a crap load of Ninja Gaiden animations which makes me think Ninja Gaiden.

Haven't played either of those so any similarities would have flown right over my head. It seemed much slower than Ninja Gaiden, though. The combat definitely seemed to have that same rhythm of going in for a few strikes and rolling away quickly.

That's pretty much exactly what they are going for.

I thought that was meant to be the point?

Nope, that's pretty much it.

Ah ok, it was the first I ever heard of the game and I pretty much tuned into the stream right as the trailer was starting, so I had no idea what I was looking at.

zkylon

zkylewd
i keep getting a "display driver stopped responding and has recovered" message

and my monitor just went black and back to image

fuck, is my videocard already dying

hasn't even been 6 months

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
anyone manage to play shadow complex without that client ?
it's taking 400mb from the graphic ram.

i am searching for offline patch.

If you run

Code:
ShadowComplex-Win32-EGL.exe -AUTH_LOGIN= -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE=

From the Binaries\Win32\ directory, it will launch without the client, but you won't have access to online features such as leaderboards and whatnot.

L.O.R.D

Sounds like bitcoin mining...

really ?
i hope someone made one without that shit

If you run

Code:

From the Binaries\Win32\ directory, it will launch without the client, but you won't have access to online features such as leaderboards and whatnot.

thanks

anyway to make .bat file and put it that folder to run the game without entering that line every time ?

Corpekata

Banned

This is actually fairly common with Nvidia for the past 6 months or so. One driver set in the summer in particular I could barely use Chrome without it happening every day.

Grief.exe

I'm getting it for $500 so it doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Form factor PC in the living room sounds nice.

Would be mediocre if you could upgrade it, but you can't rendering an 860m a sunk cost. Laptop GPUs outdate extremely quickly compared to their desktop variants.

Overclocked?

zkylon

zkylewd
Driver issues probably.
i reverted to a few drivers back but still got the message once with the black screen thing

will wait a bit longer and just roll back even further if that message keeps popping up

This is actually fairly common with Nvidia for the past 6 months or so. One driver set in the summer in particular I could barely use Chrome without it happening every day.
yeah i actually feel like it might be related to chrome cos i get it most often when opening new windows or tabs

did it get eventually fixed for u?

Overclocked?
i think the card is factory superclocked or overclocked but nothing done by me

def sim

roll back your driver, zkylon. i made a home in the GTAV driver for a long while

i had tdr problems until nvidia released a hotfix addressing it. didn't help everybody apparently

Finishing up some Yakuza 4 sidequests before 5 comes out and it made me want to go back to my Dragon's Dogma DA save file and fuck the PS3 and last gen in general was horrible. 3 minutes to get to gameplay and then it runs at 20 FPS all the time.

Grand game but I almost can't believe I spent over a hundred hours with this game, lol. Going to be so weird playing it on the PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
how far back should i go, i went for the fallout 4 driver since i'm still kind of planning on playing that some more, but it hasn't fixed the error (and it definitely is tied to chrome)

Tizoc

Last Blade 2 is likely coming to Steam as well
Get hype for not only one of SNK's best fighting games but also one of the best weapon-based fighting games of the past 20 years.

Messiah

Last Blade 2 is likely coming to Steam as well
Get hype for not only one of SNK's best fighting games but also one of the best weapon-based fighting games of the past 20 years.

I sure hope so. I like experiencing all those fighting games I missed out on.

I'm also hoping KoF XIV finds its way to Steam. Looks fun enough in its current build.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of xGreg, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reign: Conflict of Nations -- MB-537E07EC14F00E6F - Taken by GERGiEV. 4 entrants total.
Gorky 17 -- MB-A32353DA611357AB - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-257E43251E029529 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Avadon: The Black Fortress -- MB-1FC8DF43C81675DB - Taken by TetraxShards. 3 entrants total.
Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-4967A110DD903D35 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.
Real Warfare: 1242 -- MB-07E3ECE4BAAD020D - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Canabalt -- MB-D7E6579B9504C2B3 - Taken by SSPssp. 9 entrants total.
TeraBlaster -- MB-D2596A039E6B128D - Taken by Dangerblade. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Reign: Conflict of Nations was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Gorky 17 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for The Culling of the Cows failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Real Warfare: 1242 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1449354014z1.png

L.O.R.D

anyone know who to make excutable cmd file for this code ?

Nabs

Either add it to Steam and add that to the launch options, or simply create a shortcut and add that text after the location in the "Target" field.

zkylon

zkylewd

make a .bat file that goes

call c:/actualPathToTheExe/ShadowComplex-Win32-EGL.exe -AUTH_LOGIN= -AUTH_PASSWORD= -AUTH_TYPE=

i think that should be it?

dunno why you would want the empty params tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom