• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinor

Bundlestars has Sniper Elite 4 up for preorder. Been waiting for them to get it. You can use discount code LUNAR8 for 8% off. Comes to $48.93 Canadian which is sweet.

That's a great price, ~35 eur which is exactly my upper limit for getting Sniper Elite 4 on release (probably looking to get it at less than 20€ after release if I don't get it on release). Unfortunately the euro price at Bundlestars even with the discount code is around 45 euros.

Last time around cd-key sites were selling Sniper Elite 3 everywhere but that's when then mass revocation of keys happened. Doesn't seem like that's going to be an issue, only few reputable sites are selling the game and even cd-key sites have the price really high.

Nzyme32

Devolver Digital doing good:

C3rLqEjVcAA4JMq.jpg:large

Teggy

Yo that Deadly Tower of Monsters ending o_O
All in all I enjoyed it but I'm going back to 100% it anytime soon.
Where are those Gold Gears anyways? I only managed to find like half a dozen of them.

I only came across one of the film canisters and it was at the very end of the game.

Regginator

How much longer are the Steam Awards still valid? I thought they'd expire 11 minutes ago (it said 2-2-17 18:00), but they're still there. I can't sell them for whatever reason, so I'll convert them to gems if there's still time.

Ladekabel

How much longer are the Steam Awards still valid? I thought they'd expire 11 minutes ago (it said 2-2-17 18:00), but they're still there. I can't sell them for whatever reason, so I'll convert them to gems if there's still time.

Probably for roughly 45 minutes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was mostly without internet yesterday so I'm catching up on what's been going on.

1) The concept UI for the new Steam client: looks pretty cool. Obviously whatever we end up with is going to be a conglomeration of "dumbed down" features and likely won't have everything everyone wants - but even this mockup looks like it has more functionality than the existing library tab.

2) The G2A AMA - holy shit what a monstrosity. It shed a lot of light on things I suspected of their business model, which is kind of terrifying. Sellers have to pay to make changes to their marketplace listings, so they're all essentially "bidding"? Wow. It seems that Valve could (and should) step in to make their business entirely irrelevant. Barring that, it seems like it would be lucrative for someone to set up a business that does nothing but work as an intermediary with devs to provide key accounting and deactivation services.

sanhora

Little King's Story just got a mega patch out of nowhere.

- A variety of optimizations for overall performance improvements.
- Added multisampling anti-aliasing, transparency supersampling anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering options.
- Implemented analog controls for Xinput-compatible gamepads.
- Improved 60 FPS mode by fixing simulation time progression rate, speed of many effects and object animations, and the movement speed of NPCs and animals. However, some scripted movements during boss battles might still be sped up or broken, so added a workaround where you can press “F1” to enable a temporary 30 FPS lock in 60 FPS mode.
- Replaced the game launcher with a new version with many usability improvements.
- Fixed save game playtime being calculated incorrectly.

A blog with further details of this megapatch will be posted shortly! I'll update these patch notes with the link when it's up.

Vuze

Some more beta keys if sb wants them:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vuze, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 3 BETA #1 -- MB-D49208C367328143
SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 3 BETA #1 #2 -- MB-07CE726244F11D50
SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 3 BETA #1 #3 -- MB-0D9683F8BD31463B

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sellers have to pay to make changes to their marketplace listings, so they're all essentially "bidding"?

Well, yes and no. It's actually very stupid: there's a fee associated with price adjustment, but not with delisting and relisting, so if someone undercuts you, you can just pull the listing and relist it without penalty. Essentially, the fee is aimed at people who are too lazy or otherwise cannot take the time to press a few extra buttons.

PaulSane

Since the store page is up, and the beta has ended, i guess it's ok to finally post some thoughts on the game and the port :)

db9443ecab.jpg

This is another iteration of a typical CH\IF formula which doesn't stray too much from it's predecessors, and continues the trend of "every new game is just a bit more mechanically sound than the previous one". Gameplay loop is still the same - you have your overworld map from which you select dungeons to venture into, you have your events with a visual novel presentation (although we have some more 3D cutscenes this time around), you have your regular turn-based battles etc. What i personally found very refreshing for a CH\IF was a choice of difficulty level - there are 5 of those, and having played through the game on the hardest one, i can safely say it was the most fun i had with CH\IF game in terms of combat. You will have to either grind a lot to progress, or, here comes the shocker, you will have to finally use the myriads of skills your characters have, which wasn't at all the case in previous games.

For those who played the original FFF, FFF:ADF offers roughly three times more content, with all the story content from original still present in the game in one of the three story routes.

Now, about the port quality - the game runs well, although the port itself is pretty barebones in terms of options. I also experienced FPS drops with some of the options turned on (like complex shadows) - but that might be the result of my PC being 5 years old :) All the other issues i had during beta were fixed, so it's not worth mentioning those.

This is also the game i was mentioning in my SteamGAF 2016 awards list - it would have been number 4 or 5 on that list if it was released last year :)
Overall, i can recommend this game to anyone who doesn't experience a "physical pain in the stomach" upon hearing words like "Compile Heart" or "Nep-Nep" :p And even to some of those who find Neptunia games too nonsensical - this one has a much more coherent and serious story, while retaining some of the usual sillyness you can expect from a CH\IF game.

Nzyme32

Thanks Google

This is actually extremely annoying on mobile. I regularly will try to type stuff using the google keyboard and hit N instead of Space - Google search is all good at correcting things after I click search. Anywhere else, where google keyboard is relied on for autocorrect, it will almost never detect the correct words when I feel like it should be obvious what happened.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tera is on Steam...again. At least in Europe (I think it never left steam the second time in the US?).

Wonder how long it will stay up for this time

rtcn63

Why am I replaying RE6. Who knows.

I have a theory that Chris' RE5 and later form is just his gamma radiation having taken permanent control.

giphy.gif

Sajko

Tera is on Steam...again. At least in Europe (I think it never left steam the second time in the US?).

Wonder how long it will stay up for this time

Weird situation here. First time it was some disagreement between publishers. Enmasse (US publisher) released the game on Steam a few years ago and it was not region locked until Gameforge (EU publisher) stepped in.

On 31. jan Gameforge relased their version of Tera on Steam for EU customers. So now we have 2 of them with one (superior US version) being region locked for EU people (you can still play on US servers via their launcher though).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Durante better be getting paid as a freelancer for this shit

Eila

Doing god's work.
Great on them for reaching this guy. I just tried the game and it seems to be working well. Maybe adding a bigger deadzone toggle for old xbox 360 controllers would be nice but you can do that on your own. I just use another controller in such games myself.

rtcn63

I decided to do what's effectively a NG+ on No Hope, since you still keep all the weapons from your previous playthrough. And... it's alright until you reach sections where not taking damage is almost impossible when playing single-player. I.e. Early campaign, Chris has to climb across a poll while enemies are shooting at him. It's up to Piers to stop them, and Chris can't fight back whatsoever. If Chris (you) is already on a single block of health, well you might as well just go fuck yourself.

Durante is the Batman to the citizens of PC Land.

Also it's great that one of the top folks over XSEED reached out to Durante on helping out Little King's Story. I hope more publishers see this and figure out that it's okay to reach out to folks like Durante who only want the games to be as proficient as can be.

How I wish this article was on a K-T run blog.
Also, I guess you can say Durante does what Saradon't.

From what was known, some other company helped port LKS to PC. I don't believe Sara touched this and seeing that TitS TC is steadily coming along, maybe she was busy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom