• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

I'd still buy from them if their euro prices were decent/competitive but they so rarely are these days. Or if their site wasn't filled with games that are unavailable for purchase and many links leading to empty pages, even links on their front page.

If you don't sell console games to anywhere but one specific country, try hiding that content from the rest of the customer base. The same issue with so many PC games that you they selling but are not available for purchase in.. well, most of Europe?
Gamesplanet pretty much replaced GMG for me as my first go to choice when it comes to 3rd party stores, ever since GMG replaced vouchers with the VIP thing (I think GMG prices used to be nicer before that change).

If you mean me? Yeah restarting my computer fixed it, but for me it was "MISSING FILE PRIVILEGES"

I guess I did! And yeah, that was the fix. (Thanks!)

There were Windows updates pending, I guess that and whatever weird thing Unexplored was trying to do caused the problem. Never seen the issue before this. Reinstalling/redownloading through Steam and giving Steam admin access did nothing to help, which baffled me.

Monooboe

I guess I did! And yeah, that was the fix. (Thanks!)

There were Windows updates pending, I guess that and whatever weird thing Unexplored was trying to do caused the problem. Never seen the issue before this. Reinstalling/redownloading through Steam and giving Steam admin access did nothing to help, which baffled me.

Ah yeah got the tip from ThirtyFour, seems there was a similar thing with dota.

Speaking of Unexplored, had a strange "bug" today, where I got closed in by one of those timed door and no way to get out, usually there is a way but not this time, thought it was impossible to be completely stuck.

Also gotten to the last floor only once, with no health and no torches, and the last floor was completely dark and with huge spiders.XD

Okay, so I spent my lunch time and money on this. I could go into this one pretty blind and let it be my (most likely) only day 1 purchase of the year without any reticence.

McMillen's fascination with death and the malleability of life is all there. Grotesque rendered cute. Nihilism greeted cheerfully. You know what I mean and you love it, hopefully.

It plays like Meatboy with an Ori bend. Each level is singular, but rewards double-backing to reach previously unreachable places. Gathering the collectibles (currency?) that are tumors is where the hard-but-fair difficulty comes in. Otherwise, you can usually look at a map and see your path, hoping your execution does it. The levels are named and numbered, making future guides less of a headache than what they could be.

I hit the map button and clicked into it, which shot me back to what I guess is the home base. I'm most of the way back to the progress I made, which I think was like 2 away from the end of this portion, if I'm reading the little ticks right.

Basically, if you like McMillen's games, you'll like this.

Okay, so I spent my lunch time and money on this. I could go into this one pretty blind and let it be my (most likely) only day 1 purchase of the year without any reticence.

McMillen's fascination with death and the malleability of life is all there. Grotesque rendered cute. Nihilism greeted cheerfully. You know what I mean and you love it, hopefully.

It plays like Meatboy with an Ori bend. Each level is singular, but rewards double-backing to reach previously unreachable places. Gathering the collectibles (currency?) that are tumors is where the hard-but-fair difficulty comes in. Otherwise, you can usually look at a map and see your path, hoping your execution does it. The levels are named and numbered, making future guides less of a headache than what they could be.

I hit the map button and clicked into it, which shot me back to what I guess is the home base. I'm most of the way back to the progress I made, which I think was like 2 away from the end of this portion, if I'm reading the little ticks right.

Basically, if you like McMillen's games, you'll like this.

Yup, it's good. I was way more into Super Meat Boy over Isaac, so after playing the set of levels of this on a break and bring instantly reminded of the snappy platforming of SMB, I was on board. Looking forward to hours of frustration later!

Legendry scene! :D

bhd_2017_07_12_20_27_7bsk9.jpg

This game guys, i'm crying... So good.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C10C760337D489A3 - Taken by Jawmuncher
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-DA70444A637EBA09 - Taken by voodooray
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-475C406B48295361 - Taken by Monooboe

Ah yeah got the tip from ThirtyFour, seems there was a similar thing with dota.

Speaking of Unexplored, had a strange "bug" today, where I got closed in by one of those timed door and no way to get out, usually there is a way but not this time, thought it was impossible to be completely stuck.

Also gotten to the last floor only once, with no health and no torches, and the last floor was completely dark and with huge spiders.XD

If you get stuck in a room, you can always pray to get out, I think. It is generally the answer for anything impossible--I once prayed and got a chest unlocked, for instance. (I think it always works as an -unstuck.)

Never underestimate the power of faith.

Monooboe

If you get stuck in a room, you can always pray to get out, I think. It is generally the answer for anything impossible--I once prayed and got a chest unlocked, for instance. (I think it always works as an -unstuck.)

Never underestimate the power of faith.

Oooh wow didn't know that was possible haha, I thought the "pray for help" was just a help section/guide.XD

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Father_Brain, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Father_Brain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pang Adventures -- MB-236B3CFFA4525620 - Taken by Mike Bison. 15 entrants total.
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell -- MB-20917DF90D5A2F33 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 12 entrants total.
Stronghold Legends: Steam Edition -- MB-F21030AF8CDF14BC - Taken by Jadax. 15 entrants total.

VoidExpanse -- MB-94BB0BB9F5709F35 - Taken by Jalal. 7 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Regicide -- MB-323BF2D76DE965FC - Taken by nightstorm. 9 entrants total.

t1499886215z1.png

Oooh wow didn't know that was possible haha, I thought the "pray for help" was just a help section/guide.XD
I don't know how it works specifically, but I think appeasing deities at their altar (via sacrifice) is how you get more divine interventions. Each deity likes different things, which items are heavily hinted by messages near their altar.

And don't worry about experimenting--rejected items don't vanish.

Wok

Groupees has Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth in their newest bundle. Not so long ago that game was in my wishlist but seeing it in a groupees' bundle left me wondering about it's quality. Anyone played it? Is it any good?

Creating a copy of Zelda is hit or miss.

Anyway, its price is by far the lowest ever.

If it helps, this Steam reviewer did not like the game. He also wrote mid-March 2017 a bad review for Dota2... a game in which he clocked more than 2000 hours. Steam reviews... 🙄

Ku5oPLY.png

Edit: I have found a better review:

venomenon

Whoever recommended Solitairica in the Summer Sale thread, let me tell you that I love you. Deeply.
A game based on such a simple kind of solitaire shouldn't be this fun and addictive, but well, I played it the most out of all games I bought during the sale. Highly recommended.

FLD

Oh man, got super lucky on that Killer X BundleStars. I bought Flame in the Flood for about the same price as the bundle during the summer sale and I was just a couple days and literally 10 mins of playtime under the cutoff for refunding. Wouldn't have bought the bundle just for it but I've been eyeing W40K: Regicide for a while now so it's nice to get it at essentially no extra cost.

I just started 6. It's so unbelievably bad.

I'm looking like RE4-5-6 (and others not like old RE games) different games so i'm enjoying but not level enjoying of like old RE games for sure. If you have a brothers or friend (especially funny) etc. for to play RE6 than actually so so much fun game!

I think it's funny, the new dialogue is actually worse because it's just bad and not cringe levels. I still love REmake so much.

Yeah, i needed that laugh because i'm scaring from a crimson head zombie, wanted to burn him while he was lying but he wasn't dead, it was fake lol, so i did wrong move but now, i have shotgun, haha!

Huh, got my first "we're mad at you" message from Steam for a refund request on Strider that took over a day to process, stating that I've requested a large amount of refunds recently. I don't know how far back they use to gauge but it's only my second request since the Summer sale ended (first was Sherlock Holmes-- I'm bad at predicting bundles) and neither had any playtime. Maybe they are more strict after the sales due to the Summer card drops.

Whoever recommended Solitairica in the Summer Sale thread, let me tell you that I love you. Deeply.
A game based on such a simple kind of solitaire shouldn't be this fun and addictive, but well, I played it the most out of all games I bought during the sale. Highly recommended.

Solitairica is a pretty fun spin on solitaire. Love playing this on my mobile phone.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Huh, got my first "we're mad at you" message from Steam for a refund request on Strider that took over a day to process, stating that I've requested a large amount of refunds recently. I don't know how far back they use to gauge but it's only my second request since the Summer sale ended (first was Sherlock Holmes-- I'm bad at predicting bundles) and neither had any playtime. Maybe they are more strict after the sales due to the Summer card drops.

You've done two refund requests in about 6 days? How many did you do before/during the sale?

Monooboe

I don't know how it works specifically, but I think appeasing deities at their altar (via sacrifice) is how you get more divine interventions. Each deity likes different things, which items are heavily hinted by messages near their altar.

And don't worry about experimenting--rejected items don't vanish.

Yeah I found the signs to be very helpful after ignoring them for the longest time. Good way to figure out the blue doors.

I have almost 30 hours played and still feel lost haha. But damn it's so good!

You've done two refund requests in about 6 days? How many did you do before/during the sale?

I would have to look back but none during the actual sale and before that, occasionally but compared to the amount I purchase on there I don't feel like I'm abusing the system. Maybe 10 in the past year? Primarily when I'll buy something and it'll show up in a bundle days later like those 2 or non-functioning like some VR games I've purchased, but all within their guidelines.

Arthea

what's up with steam? since sale it's kinda slow and now I can't even install games?
I get "content server unreachable" message I've never seen before.

Anteater

speaking of RE, RE0HD looks so fucking pretty

I think ima play through it just for the graphics

I hate that whole drop your shit anywhere you want tho.............

Jawmuncher

speaking of RE, RE0HD looks so fucking pretty

I think ima play through it just for the graphics

I hate that whole drop your shit anywhere you want tho.............

The main tip is to just drop stuff in the main hallway.
At one point just remember to bring the grapple hook or you'll have a decent back track for it.

Ozium

what's up with steam? since sale it's kinda slow and now I can't even install games?
I get "content server unreachable" message I've never seen before.

I can't download anything either, I switched server regions and still doesn't work..

wtf gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom