• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music and feeling of recovery...
T-T

bhd_2017_07_13_19_40_2ismp.png

dex3108

I highly disagree
Co-op should be offline and online where possible, but offline coop is never a bad thing, esp as i like to game on ps4 and pc with friends visiting

Offline coop is not a bad thing but it is 2017 and things changed. We are living in digital age where you can play with a friend that is half way around the world from you. Also Cuphead is kinda perfect game for MS to push cross play too.

I have a friend that is my coop partner for years now but he lives in another country so they kinda lost sale from both of us. And i think that i am not the only person who thinks like this.

The've released a couple of them.

Sure, if you count last year's Gamescom trailer, this year's e3 trailer, the TGS gameplay video...........

Here's the real question. If Castlevania holds strong with its Netflix series, can we pretty please get a Metal Gear series with some Shinkawa direction (influence at the least)?

If not, can we get a Kojima dating reality show where he has to explain to each hopeful contestant the thought process behind Quiet?

Ladekabel

Disc Jam is getting a free weekend and 50% discount this weekend.

How is it? I remember when it launched people said it has the potential to be the next Rocket League.

How is it? I remember when it launched people said it has the potential to be the next Rocket League.

I liked the game when I played it on PS4 thanks to PS Plus. However, some of the lag online kind of ruined matches plus the art style and music are on the bland side.

Gameplay though is pretty good. Definitely give it a try since it's on Free Weekend. In addition, they did patch the game up to include crossplay between PC and PS4.

Wok

I have completed 100% of Omegaland and I have enjoyed the game. This is a mix between Eversion and DLC Quest. Quite easy for the first half, quite challenging for the second half.

zlHTAv0.png

I bought Controller Companion to play with an Xbox360 gamepad.

Tapejara

It happened six hours ago but it seemed no one posted about it so...

Lode Runner Legacy is now live.

Special launch discount price of $15.99

I've never played Lode Runner before, but I picked this up anyway because I want more Tozai titles on Steam (Spelunker HD please!).

I checked out the PS4 version when it was free on Plus. Had enough fun with it to go for all of the trophies, but I haven't really played it since then.

Hoping for some Spelunker HD since Tozai is publishing on steam now.

Same, would suck if that game was trapped on PS3.

MRORANGE

Wooh finally got the parts for my PC!

Motherboard: Biostar RACING X370GTN Mini ITX Motherboard
CPU: Ryzen:1700 8 Core @ 3.7 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 at 3000 Mhz - 32 GB
GPU: MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB - Still waiting for this, using a 260x for now
Primary Storage: WD M.2 500 GB
Secondary Storage: WD 3TB 3.5"
PSU: Corsair 550 W 80+ Bronze
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S

M151wR7.jpg

Case is small but easy to work in for itx :)

5xfPnYP.jpg

Just waiting for the GPU but looks great on the desk with my 28" monitor:

VKbw7MY.jpg

Also bought a PS4 with TLOU and UC4

Madventure

Wooh finally got the parts for my PC!

Motherboard: Biostar RACING X370GTN Mini ITX Motherboard
CPU: Ryzen:1700 8 Core @ 3.7 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 at 3000 Mhz - 32 GB
GPU: MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 6GB - Still waiting for this, using a 260x for now
Primary Storage: WD M.2 500 GB
Secondary Storage: WD 3TB 3.5"
PSU: Corsair 550 W 80+ Bronze
Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S

Case is small but easy to work in for itx :)

Just waiting for the GPU but looks great on the desk with my 28" monitor:

VKbw7MY.jpg

Also bought a PS4 with TLOU and UC4

I like the case! Hurray Ryzen!
Also
That's well and good but I don't see in your list what the thing with the spoon is

Envious of the computer. I've got a big professional exam coming up in a few months. My plan has been to treat myself to a new computer when it's all over. Looking forward to it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Seems Iron Crypticle has added itself to libraries of those who own Iron Fisticle. Nice of Confused Pelican and Curve Digital to do that for people.

fenners

Seems Iron Crypticle has added itself to libraries of those who own Iron Fisticle. Nice of Confused Pelican and Curve Digital to do that for people.

Oh awesome. Iron Fisticle was an under rated wee gem of a SmashTV clone. Really enjoyed it.

Just checked, I now own Iron Crypticle, awesome.

Echoplx

I have completed 100% of Omegaland and I have enjoyed the game. This is a mix between Eversion and DLC Quest. Quite easy for the first half, quite challenging for the second half.

zlHTAv0.png

I bought Controller Companion to play with an Xbox360 gamepad.

Can't you just use Steam for that? Why did you have to buy that?

Doomedfool

It looks like they'll actually stick to a schedule this time since they already have the "coming soon" icons up, but https://www.chrono.gg/shop should be coming up in 22 hours if I can do basic math.
Well or just sometime tomorrow.

Hoping for something I actually want this time. So far only Brigador (which I did get) and Slayaway (which I didn't have the coins for since I had got Brigador) are the only 2 I have been interested in. I'm not really complaining though since they are giving out these games for free with a minimal effort on my part.

I'm impressed with that dinosaur getting that hat on so proper like

I'm sure it involves him someone putting the hat on his head for him so that he doesn't eat them.

oh nice ... surprise full release of postapo parkour platformer :-O

Bought it in the Summer Sale and I really enjoy it.
The only problems are the bloom/Motion Blur options. Without turning them down, the game looks really really strange.

It also wasnt a Surprise Release. They announced the 13th as a Release during the Summer Sale.

Tizoc

War for Planet of the Apes was great BUT it's a LONG movie, clocking over 2 hours. You kinda wish it was shorter but it had great scenes.

EDIT: Anyone played Black: The Fall? Considering getting it soon and want to hear some SteamGAFfer impressions.

DataGhost

It requires people realising it's the dumbest hoax ever. It's been long enough already so I'm quite surprised they haven't caught on yet.

It is? I just heard it was coming out recently and it looked interesting so I wanted to see how the gameplay was like. Oh well

Wok

PuzzleOne is already out. By the same dev as Recursed.

Can't you just use Steam for that? Why did you have to buy that?

I thought I could, but the best I managed without the app is to have my Xbox360 act as a mouse in Big Picture Mode. With the app, the gamepad worked in-game.

As a bonus, with the app, the Xbox360 acts as a mouse for Windows, just as the Steam controller does.

It requires people realising it's the dumbest hoax ever. It's been long enough already so I'm quite surprised they haven't caught on yet.

That would explain the 600+ hours of gameplay. I am really sceptical.

oh nice ... surprise full release of postapo parkour platformer :-O

By the way, the game has a demo.

Imagine if the protagonist was a woman. So much fun is lost by having a bodybuilder instead.

Arkkoran

Unconfirmed Member
Here's some keys I had, hopefully I did this correctly

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arkkoran, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DiRT Rally -- MB-708D1400174FA6F1 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
DmC: Devil May Cry -- MB-92AA1D2AA902705E - Taken by kionedrik. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Tropico 5 -- MB-A6BD16F57D6C04D6 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 9 entrants total.
Plague Inc: Evolved -- MB-F0D443886B8847DF - Taken by Purkake4. 8 entrants total.
Strider -- MB-748ABB4A5D1A47D1 - Taken by fallout. 2 entrants total.

t1499985608z1.png

Echoplx

PuzzleOne is already out. By the same dev as Recursed.

I thought I could, but the best I managed without the app is to have my Xbox360 act as a mouse in Big Picture Mode. With the app, the gamepad worked in-game.

As a bonus, with the app, the Xbox360 acts as a mouse for Windows, just as the Steam controller

You can do all that with Steam Input, that's the entire point if it, are you sure you set it up right?

jtb

Banned
Random Q, but what's wrong with Mirror's Edge Catalyst?

Remember enjoying the first game way back when it first came out, didn't realize the sequel got such poor reviews. Why?

Amzin

It was the first time I tried and I did not get it to work. I only did these two steps.

In the end, I bought that app for 3 € and got it to work immediately.

With Steam, there is essentially a separate controller configuration for every game. So that configuration looks like it's set up for PC control emulation, including the mouse, but you can go into other configs and load either a pre-set one (i.e. Console 3rd person controls) or a community one, or just modify it yourself.

Edit: And as mentioned, as long as Steam is open in the background, you can also configure the controller as you wish to interact with Windows.

Vibranium

Banned
Legacy Collection announcement for PC any day now.

Nope, Konami would rather excite us all for the anniversary with a $30-$40 Metal Gear Solid V standalone expansion. They even have new images on Twitter!

I feel like it's going to sell decently and I'm not going to judge people who will really enjoy the game and have fun, but doing a huge port iniative for the franchise would have been way better if Konami cared about goodwill.

Freezard

Random Q, but what's wrong with Mirror's Edge Catalyst?

Remember enjoying the first game way back when it first came out, didn't realize the sequel got such poor reviews. Why?

My biggest complaint is that they went open world and the problem is you're still taking linear routes and the world really isn't that big, so you end up running the same routes over and over between missions. Oh and the performance was pretty shit when I played it. Other than that, I think the game is fantastic and very similar to ME, in some ways it's better.

jtb

Banned
IIRC, the open world elements soured people on it.
This video gives a good idea on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg0Nbfzo_00

My biggest complaint is that they went open world and the problem is you're still taking linear routes and the world really isn't that big, so you end up running the same routes over and over between missions. Oh and the performance was pretty shit when I played it. Other than that, I think the game is fantastic and very similar to ME, in some ways it's better.

Kinda thinking of subbing to EA Acess for a month just to give it a spin. Can't not be worth $5, right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom