• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Well shit guess I'll read the original and wait for the rest before I go to alternative. Find it odd the KS isn't including ones vital to the story.
AKA what is Extra and Unlimited.

Milamber

Well shit guess I'll read the original and wait for the rest before I go to alternative. Find it odd the KS isn't including ones vital to the story.

I didn't look at the KS but I was under the impression that all were included. Doesn't make sense doing a part of it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
AKA what is Extra and Unlimited.

Extra/Unlimited is the first game. You unlock Unlimited after completing two of the main girl's routes.

Jazz573

This sounds like a long VN. Are we talking one of those 70+ hour epics?

VNDB says Muv-Luv is in the 30-50 hour range, and Alternative is over 50 hours. So yeah, pretty long. I mean I played F/SN and I thought that was long. But all three games combined, F/SN's got nothing on their length.

Jazz573

thats some long as stories

me gusta. do they drag on?

Some would say the first two do, but Alternative is considered to be one of the best VNs ever made.

It's actually a fairly old series. The original release of Muv-Luv came out way back in 2003, and Alternative in 2006.

Jazz573

That IF thread is about as depressing as MLA. :p It's pretty much MLA in GAF thread format in terms of how crazy it's getting in there. I think they need some pudding. :p

Milamber

I'll be moving houses, over this weekend, to a place much further from my office. The rent is rising the closer I am to the city here. Disadvantage of my new place is giving up my cushy 25 MB fibre connection and downgrading myself to a measly 4 MB DSL cable at the new place.

Shit sucks for a Steam user.

dot

i'm officially lost

wweeeeee

If you want a good story and an intro to VNs, go play Analogue: A Hate Story. It's a visual novel with lots of reading and it's not lewd either so you won't have to worry about family sharing this with yur sis.

I figure i'd say this since zyklon is not here to recommend it.

and yes this was the game that got me into visual novels

Milamber

Man, I'm still going through Witcher 3, I hated Witcher 2's fight system and kinda liked Witcher 1's but I never finished both. I absolutely love the third game but the only gripe I have is how useless the herbs are after you craft the stuff the first time. After that it is nothing but alcohol.

If you want a good story and an intro to VNs, go play Analogue: A Hate Story. It's a visual novel with lots of reading and it's not lewd either so you won't have to worry about family sharing this with yur sis.

And if he doesn't have Analogue yet and no money, I suggest Katawa Shoujo as it is free and has a non-H option in the game. This game will really test whether you are not a robot and have feelings.

Analogue: A Hate Story is amazing, I need to play Hate Plus soon.

Deitus

Oh hey, I come home after a day of idling to find a foil sitting in my inventory. And it sells for over 2 dollars too boot.

The only problem is, it doesn't look like it sells very often. It could be a couple of weeks before it actually sells, and that's assuming someone doesn't undercut me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh hey, I come home after a day of idling to find a foil sitting in my inventory. And it sells for over 2 dollars too boot.

The only problem is, it doesn't look like it sells very often. It could be a couple of weeks before it actually sells, and that's assuming someone doesn't undercut me.

Enjoy the race to the bottom.

Deitus

Enjoy the race to the bottom.

It will be a very gradual race at least. Only about a dozen of the card have been sold in the last 6 months, and it's been in the 2-3 dollar range since January. It's an anime card (but not a waifu), so it should hold it's value pretty well, it just might be difficult to actually sell it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It will be a very gradual race at least. Only about a dozen of the card have been sold in the last 6 months, and it's been in the 2-3 dollar range since January. It's an anime card (but not a waifu), so it should hold it's value pretty well, it just might be difficult to actually sell it.

Ah, there's hope yet.

Wolfenstein 2009 has been completed and I shall never play it again. I swear people only want this game simply because they cannot buy it. Return is a classic, I'd argue The New Order is a classic as well but Wolf 09 is, at best, wholly average. There are some interesting ideas in Wolf 09 in the Thule Medallion, the Veil, Veil powers and sci-fi weapons that are mired by regenerating health (this changes the pace of combat so much), how abuse-able the Veil powers are, terrible AI, unsatisfying combat that feels too slow, and terrible, cramped level design.

You get some fun fantastic weapons to play around with but for the first half of the game the ammunition is limited to the more pedestrian weaponry. You can see why because the sci-fi weapons are all over powered but then that leaves you with just three normal weapons for the first half of the game because there are so many weird omissions--no pistols, no grenade launchers, no shotguns, no sniper rifle (unless you upgrade the k98 to being one). The Veil powers while fun aren't integrated into the gameplay often. I found it easiest to simply abuse the slow time veil power once I got the AoE on activation. It was so easy to nuke large groups of enemies and quickly clean up the remaining few. Usually hide around a corner, find some veil energy fount and camp while both my health and veil power meter filled, popped out, do the same thing all over again. Fully upgraded Empower was better late game though.

Wolf '09 could have been something with a bit more love and polish, maybe I'd be more forgiving if I played it when it originally came out but man, it's kind of shit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom