• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

170k is pretty great.

I hope it gets another couple of bumps when the game gets an official patch and the PlayAsia keys start getting sent out.

Ever notice how the last hour of a game's new release countdown is wrong? >_>

Countdown said The Nonary Games should be up by now, but nope!

I happened to have a half day off work today and was excited to jump into it at launch, but yeah, hit with that ambiguous 'Coming soon'

frustrated.gif

Coreda

Gotta use as many features of ShareX as possible. Otherwise, it is not fun.

The missing feature in that system is after making changes with Greenshot I found one can't return to the pre-upload window or continue to an upload. Instead you can only save to file. Would be perfect if the user could be returned to where they were.

Ex: Capture region -> Pre-upload window (if enabled) -> Edit with Greenshot -> Save changes and return to pre-upload window or upload to selected host directly

How are the other 3 episodes? Interesting? Worth it?

I've played all eps and would recommend it, especially at a discount. The other 3 episodes are more adventure/point-and-click games than the first which is text-based, but it's definitely a unique experience and wraps up in an interesting way. It takes about 3-4 hours to play through them all, shorter if you already know Morse code.

Wok

The missing feature in that system is after making changes with Greenshot I found one can't return to the pre-upload window or continue to an upload. Instead you can only save to file. Would be perfect if the user could be returned to where they were.

Ex: Capture region -> Pre-upload window (if enabled) -> Edit with Greenshot -> Save changes and return to pre-upload window or upload to selected host directly

I have no idea what you are writing about. 😳

My process is: Capture region => Edit => Close => Save & Upload are automatic.

Afro

I've played all eps and would recommend it, especially at a discount. The other 3 episodes are more adventure/point-and-click games than the first which is text-based, but it's definitely a unique experience and wraps up in an interesting way. It takes about 3-4 hours to play through them all, shorter if you already know Morse code.

That's awesome, thanks.

Say you will be late this month, borrow your neighbors electricity, look through garbage cans for half eaten sandwiches. Now go play.

That's the GAF way, so yes.

This. Or get cheap ramen for a whole month and keep playing!!!

Rents can be late, they don't cut your electricity immediately and the human body can sustain itself a surprisingly long time without food.
Basically, just worry about these in a month. :D

Where there's a will, there's a way.
Nier is awesome but I feel guilty for buying it.

Coreda

I have no idea what you are writing about. ��

Hmm, you must have something configured then as mine doesn't do anything on close (or maybe a newer version adds this).

Looks like there is an upload button I missed in the toolbar though. It's set to the default configured host, so not changeable on-the-fly but better than nothing.

sadblob

I have no idea what you are writing about. 😳

How do you edit after capturing? Unless by capture region you mean activating the feature, not selecting (and letting go of) the region.

Rizzi

PC port of Nier seems to run perfectly fine on my machine which is nice. Now I just have to make time to actually play it.

DasFool

Tried to go back and properly finish Far Cry 2 (probably the 4th or 5th time), but I'm not sure it's possible. My play session was around 80 minutes and I managed to complete just one story mission. It's almost impossible to head straight toward your objective since enemies hurt like hell and they're always at checkpoints or wandering the plains.

My total time is 21 hours and I'm at 21/32 main story missions. Don't know if it's worth it at this point.

Wok

How do you edit after capturing? Unless by capture region you mean activating the feature, not selecting (and letting go of) the region.

You can configure the process which happens after the capture. The "Edit" window appears automatically after the capture.

YSkwtDM.png

As someone who's already gone through those games, the price is a bit steep. Great for a first time buyer, though.

The OST is included. $45 for 12 songs would be absolutely absurd lol

Yeah, my favourite games of all time so was going to buy at launch for trading cards and to display it proudly in my favourite games profile thing, but sadly can't afford it right now. :(

Wok

$45 was more than I was expecting

I was like, if it is 15€, I might get it, but I expect they would ask for about 25€ based on their previous releases. Then this happens:

I imagine they consider it is indeed 2 games, so they sell if for the equivalent of what would be 25€ each and a little launch discount of 4 € each.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ever notice how the last hour of a game's new release countdown is wrong? >_>

Countdown said The Nonary Games should be up by now, but nope!
Yup, I've been refreshing the store a couple of times, and it isn't out yet. Oh well, guess I should start ZTD instead (already played the other 2).

cyba89

I was like, if it is 15€, I might get it, but I expect they would ask for about 25€ based on their previous releases. Then this happens:

I imagine they consider it is indeed 2 games, so they sell if for the equivalent of what would be 25€ each and a little launch discount of 4 € each.

Well. Those are indeed two (fantastic) games so I don't know what you were expecting. It's also full price on PS4.

They also put lots of additional work into 999 for this re-release.

There was supposed to be a loyalty discount on Nonary Games for owners of ZTD. Apparently it is only for the complete series. Pretty dumb not to include a "Complete Your Bundle" depot especially since they did it for Danganronpa on PC.

Wok

Well. Those are indeed two (fantastic) games so I don't know what you were expecting. It's also full price on PS4.

They also put lots of additional work into 999 for this re-release.

At least, considering the price, they could let us buy one game instead of the full package.

Aaron D.

Yeah, Stories Untold is an easy recommendation. Esp. at that sale price.

Has a very unique identity. It's polished as heck. And just all-around refreshing. Feels unlike anything out there.

Speaking of demos, man I wish Hearts of Iron 4 had one.

On sale this weekend and I'm interested at that price. But I fear that it just might be over my head.

Guess I could always give it a spin and return in under 2 hours if I wanted, but that kinda feels like cheating. And with a game like this, I'd typically play a demo version a few times over before deciding.

Wok

Guess I could always give it a spin and return in under 2 hours if I wanted, but that kinda feels like cheating. And with a game like this, I'd typically play a demo version a few times over before deciding.

lol

It sounds like you would not refund the game anyway! 😝

Tizoc

Well that's Styx 2 beaten. The final stage was a little irritating at the start but once you get the flow it ends up being a rather decent finale.
Quite enjoyed my time with it.

tHE BEST of both DC and RE, I can't hate on that.

Tonton

At least, considering the price, they could let us buy one game instead of the full package.
Yeah the forced bundle is a bummer because I got VLR full price and didn't even like it so I don't care about double dipping on it
I just wanted 999
Will get on sale

Good to see good regional pricing here on a game of that price though, gives me hope for Danganronpa V3, might bump that in my priority list

Tizoc

Wonder if I can hit 80 completed games in April...

Just beat Styx 2, really good stealth game despite a few issues, but the overall stealth and stage design is quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom