• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2017 - Praeying for Dino Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have a deleted app on my wishlist (ValveTestApp377130). How do I remove it? I can't access the store page, obviously, and I also can't use the Remove button on the wishlist page. Any ideas?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Generally I'd say the bigger the budget of the game, the higher the chance it has 21:9 support. Something like 2D indie games obviously rarely have support for ultrawide but I've yet to see a game that didn't work at all. Going from 27" 1440p 144Hz Gsync to 34" ultrawide was bigger jump than upgrading from regular 1080p crap to that already great 27" monitor.

One thing that annoys me with 21:9 is games that support 21:9 during gameplay but cinematics have black borders all around the image. Same with Youtube, for stupid reasons even if a video is at around 21:9 aspect ratio, most videos have black borders all around the image. The older the Youtube video, the higher the chance that it shows properly so it's a recent change they've done.

But i'd never want to go back to 16:9 or 16:10 for gaming.
Thanks. I think I'll get one. 1440 is their max?

NeoRaider

I am halfway through Darksiders II: DE and i just don't feel like continuing at all. :/

I finished first game when it was released and liked it a lot. But i just can't enjoy Darksiders II at all. It's very repetitive and boring. But at the same time i feel like i wasted 10h of playing for nothing if i uninstall it. :(

Parsnip

I have a deleted app on my wishlist (ValveTestApp377130). How do I remove it? I can't access the store page, obviously, and I also can't use the Remove button on the wishlist page. Any ideas?

Are you using ES? As far as I recall it replaces the Remove function with its own, have you tried disabling ES temporarily and trying the Remove button again?
Unless there's some other reason you can't use the Remove button.

NeoRaider

ModBot said:
Instructions for NeoRaider:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cube Runner -- MB-7257DFAFA1AE8DC8 - Taken by voodooray
Duke of Alpha Centauri -- MB-E744F7F9748ACEE3 - Taken by Mackenzie 92

Ascheroth

Been playing Sunrider: Mask of Aracadius, which is a kind of VN/space strategy game hybrid. And it's free.
So far the story is nothing to write home about and it's basically an average dating sim.
Character designs are... alright, it has some really cool looking backgrounds, mechs and spaceships though. Pretty good soundtrack as well.

There's actually a fair bit of gameplay here and the fights are probably the best part. Very difficult though, I had to turn the difficulty down a couple notches and it's still tense, haha.
The visual representation is kind of janky, but the systems itself are pretty cool. Lots of upgrades too.
There's lasers which have high accuracy, but are weak against enemy shields.
Shields have a radius around the unit and protect all units in its range and defense stacks if there are overlapping shields.
Kinetics, which are your medium range armor crushing weapons.
There are short range attacks with spray that are good against highly evasive targets.
Missiles. Which are interesting because the path they travel at is makes a huge difference. Because units with Flak defense that are adjacant to tiles the missile travels through have a chance to shoot some of them down.
Buffs and debuffs and other stuff too. Pretty cool.
ss_afa15830f8407b856a6ea8663031e593c665fcf9.jpg
KJWuUpP.jpg

City 17

Who knows :D I like the world and characters, i don't use Fast Travel unless i need to (traveling between maps), i don't use POI on map, i sue Friendly HUD mod...
How does it change the HUD?
I turned off all the in-game stuff for full immersion, but I think it was too much, I'm still waiting for an ideal way of playing the game, I'd love to hear about your (and others') thoughts re mods and HUD (I've read the books bar the last one and I had the game pre-ordered at $48)

Phinor

Thanks. I think I'll get one. 1440 is their max?

3440x1440 is the premium choice right now, for a much cheaper experience 2560x1080 is the 1080p equivalent. 3840x1600 monitors already exist but there aren't that many options to choose from in that category yet.

Oh nice, Deadly Premonition in a bundle. Do get it because it's the BEST GAME ON STEAM RIGHT NOW.

Haven't had time to play anything else than Injustice and Clash Of Clans on mobile, but might play some Bayonetta today to complete it before Vanquish.

Sch1sm

Oh nice, Deadly Premonition in a bundle. Do get it because it's the BEST GAME ON STEAM RIGHT NOW.

Haven't had time to play anything else than Injustice and Clash Of Clans on mobile, but might play some Bayonetta today to complete it before Vanquish.

Gotta sell it better than that. Why's it the best on Steam right now?

Gotta sell it better than that. Why's it the best on Steam right now?

My post from 2013:

I am at Part 3, so maybe this LTTP this too early, I bet.
Or says Mr. Steward.

First of all, big props to Durante, who in the past was the driving force of one of my favorite games on PC, Dark Souls

Lets get over the negatives first:

- my game crashes every 15 minutes
- I have crashes that can't be solved by the usual solution (restarting Windows, running Win8.1, GT630M/6GB DDR/Intel B980 dual core)

First when it premiered, I loved how quirky copy of Twin Peaks it was. Then I a lot of time later, when the game finally came out, I lurked the GAF thread intensively. I didn't own a 360 at that time and the game was hard to get in Finland anyways. So I watched.GiantBomb playthroughts and felt that there wasn't any other game I wanted to play that much.

Fast forward to 2013. I preorder the game. I download it. And I experience that bad port-ness of the game. But somehow it doesn't even bother me. Sure it is annoying that everytime I play it I have to spend 30 minutes trying to get it work. But goddamn I love this game.

It's this GENERATIONS SILENT HILL 2 MEETS MAJORAS MASK

Why Silent Hill? Sure it's scary at parts but it has something similar and it's the characters. Similar to why Angela was interesting in SH2, or Lisa in SH1 or Vincent in SH3, they are interesting, sometimes annoying but all the more interesting. Sidequests I have done so far shed a little bit more light on everything, but at the point I am at, everything is just guesswork.

The action parts aren't perfect, sure. I can't really say why. The are too short to be repetitive. Are they too easy? Maybe not. Tank controls? No man, I love tank controls! But yeah, I love the action parts too. They make the "normal" parts tense and the scary parts meaning full.

The puzzles aren't perfect. I can't really say why. Maybe they are too easy? Or maybe they are hard enough but I figure them out too quickly, kinda like the hangman puzzle in Silent Hill 2.

The driving isn't perfect. It is like you are driving a brick on a bar of soap. Why do I like driving in this game so much? It handles the right way in a wrong way.

Dialogue. Well that is perfect. As someone who loves (hardcore) punk and (horror) movies, this game really has the best dialog ever. Sure everybody knows The Ramones, but this isn't really that far away from mentioning Electric Eels or something like that,

Why Majoras Mask then? The game is scary in similar way to Majoras Mask (which I argue is the most scary Nintendo game up to date, look at the mask transform animation), but it also has the mission structure of Majoras Mask. At one point I was waiting for a main event to happen, so I went to bar. Someone had told me that playing darts there might win me something. So I bought a dart gun, and played some darts. After my second try, I got a bomb bag{/strike] bag to hold more guns. Then I noticed that I still had 30 minutes so I went to a shop and did a minigame and got a another bottle discount card to the store! Then I looked into my calendar mission log and saw that I still have like 5 on going side missions! Amazing! Yes!

LTTP: even if the PC version if a crappy port, please don't let the game being a crappy port stop you from buying it, especially if you happen to like Twin Peaks, Silent Hill or Majoras Mask. So far it's my game of the year.

This post was was written after playing for 30 minutes and having the game crash on me so hard I had to restart my computer.

In the end I ended up loving the game even more than in that post, and I helped tons of people in the PC thread with their problems: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706035

Also I have given away like 10 copies of that game to date.

Vamphuntr

Does it still have that awful memory leak where performance gets worse the more you play?

Is Deadly Premonition a good game?

Yes.

Parts of it are certainly terrible, it's technical mess and I've had to save constantly because I've been getting crashes every hour or so, but it's an amazing experience and as I near the end I absolutely love it.

I started playing it to prepare myself for the return of Twin Peaks and it's definitely the closest I've played to it in video game form. If you play it don't just go straight through the main story missions, make sure you so side missions whenever they're available and go to every meal that you can. Also shave and have your coffee every morning.

Coffee is important, right Zach?

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
So, I've finished Alan Wake today, and thought it was an amazing game! During the 1st chapter things were a bit slow, but from chapter 3 to the end I was totally hooked, tense and amazed by everything. Loved it! The end was a bit "WTF!" but since I enjoy stories that goes crazy like that I really appreciated it too.
Definitely play the A.Wake DLC and American Nightmare for the real ending.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warden looks dope, basically a new Templar as it can dps, tank or heal (well technically any class cn do all things with weapons, but like the Templar it has dedicted trees for those things aswell).

To pre order or not pre order... im gonna play it for sure, but do I want to play it starting tomorow? Probably not, im still into something else right now, I can wait till June 6th I guess.

Err talking about Morrowind btw.

Javier23

Banned
Now I just have to play Peace Walker at some point.
And Ground Zeroes. Even though I mostly hated PW (it's very clearly a portable game and may work better as such) it got me really excited for MGSV. Felt like a long prologue to the real thing. If only someone had told me MGSV is actually more of an epilogue to PW's story...

But it is a fantastic game as far as its gameplay is concerned. Truly brilliant. I still pick it up and play all the time despite having put well over 100 hours in it.

data

MGS5 key from humble isn't region locked, right?

Edit: Humble told me it was region locked in my country (BE) but entering it into steam gave no issues. Worked out to €6,65 with monthly discount and paypal conversion.

yuraya

MGSV is the mother of all stealth games. The gameplay is so good you won't experience anything as polished, fun and as brilliant again for decades. Its a masterpiece.

And @ that price its insane value. There is so much content in that game its not even funny.

data

I can't believe MGS 5 came out 2 and a half years ago. It feels like I was watching pre-release gameplay streams of it only a few months ago. And that whole fuckonami thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom