• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam security issue revealed personal info to other users on XMas Day (fixed)

Theecliff

Banned
fuck fuck fuckkkk same thing happening here, rando's account

can't change my email and password because of this too

i hope to god i hadn't left my cc details on there :/

Parallacs

Jeeeeeeez. HOLY CRAP. This is unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable.

Somebody could waste thousands of dollars from my bank account, delete all of my licenses, and grab my email.

Steam should shut everything down immediately.

Zomba13

Just checked. I'm getting the store in Russian but with USD (I'm in the UK so it should all be English and GBP) and when I check account information I'm getting a the_grocer's information.

This is very serious and I think Steam needs to be taken down right now. Like, even with this I can't access my account and remove informations etc and all the steam guard, two step verification is useless because you don't need to log in to the account to see the info!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WTF is going on, this is scary.

Same problem here and i also got an E-mail that someone wanted to log into my account and if it wasn't me i should just ignore this E-mail.

Check your E-mails guys.

kulapik

The fact that the accounts are repeating makes me think the accounts appearing are the ones belonging to the DDOSers, so it's more a fuck up on their part than Steam's.

UrbanRats

When i go to the store i get all sorts of other languages (everytime something different) is this related? And i can't put another language if i want to, gives me an error.

Lautaro

FUCK!

happening here too! with other guy!

Would I need to trust the honor of the random guy that will be seeing my account?

Can I remove the data of my card?!

Why do people keep saying Valve fucked up? This sounds like an attack of some kind.

Also, not logging into my account until this is resolved.

Because Steam touted itself to be an impenetrable fortress only marred by those inside. Essentially, you can get in someone's house if they let you (via scamming), but now doors are randomly opening.

Is there anything to be done to protect myself at this point? I don't know what kind of details are out there from my account.

I already have steamguard.

Zoracka

It seems like "Account Details" is a different account from the store (My store turns into another language, which is also different from the Account Details email domain). Furthermore, the history of items bought belongs to a third account.

Grief.exe

ahhhh Fuck!

My boyfriend and I both see account_name account. Wonder if it's IP related (since we share the same IP) somehow...

I can't even check if it's on for me 'cause, well, I can't use my account. Luckily I never saved my CC info in my account and my profile is private so that should help, at least...

Posting someone else's account name compromise's their security. Delete the image or text.

This is not my account.

Imgur has the ability to completely delete the image, but you need to go back to the initial upload page.

Top Bottom