• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamDB Top Sellers | Week 16, 2024 (Apr 16 - Apr 24)

Top sellers by revenue for the week of April 16 — April 24, 2024 (includes F2P titles)​

#​
Name​
Developer​
Release Date​
#1Counter-Strike 2 Free #1 last weekValve21 August 2012
#2Dota 2 Free #31 last weekValve9 July 2013
#3Steam Deck #4 last week
#4HELLDIVERS™ 2 #3 last weekArrowhead Game Studios8 February 2024
#5No Rest for the WickedMoon Studios GmbH18 April 2024
#6PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Free #2 last weekKRAFTON, Inc.21 December 2017
#7雀魂麻將(MahjongSoul) #89 last weekCatfood Studio15 July 2020
#8Fallout 4 #9 last weekBethesda Game Studios10 November 2015
#9Fallout 76 #12 last weekBethesda Game Studios14 April 2020
#10Apex Legends™ Free #7 last weekRespawn5 November 2020
#11Destiny 2 Free #8 last weekBungie1 October 2019
#12Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® III #23 last weekSledgehammer Games10 November 2023
#13RimWorld #5 last weekLudeon Studios17 October 2018
#14Call of Duty® #14 last weekSledgehammer Games28 October 2022
#15Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege #19 last weekUbisoft Montreal1 December 2015
#16Baldur's Gate 3 #15 last weekLarian Studios3 August 2023
#17Sker RitualWales Interactive18 April 2024
#18Forza Horizon 5 #97 last weekPlayground Games9 November 2021
#19Overwatch® 2 FreeBlizzard Entertainment, Inc.10 August 2023
#20Content Warning #11 last weekSkog1 April 2024

Source - SteamDB

Last edited:

ssringo

I wonder how many Decks have actually been sold at this point. Last I remember hearing was a vague "multiple millions" type answer. But it's constantly charting high against stuff that we know is selling gangbusters.

willothedog

I wonder how many Decks have actually been sold at this point. Last I remember hearing was a vague "multiple millions" type answer. But it's constantly charting high against stuff that we know is selling gangbusters.

I think it went back up the charts because another batch of official refurbs went on sale last week from Valve. £249 for the base 64GB model is a good deal.

Holammer

DOTA2 is unusually high on the list (#31 last week), but they had a big update just a few days ago.
Some sort of meta progression thing where you gain tokens to unlock rewards.

No more than 1 million units tops! (Some will claim unironically). With everyone and their dog releasing handheld PCs to join in on the feeding frenzy, it's probably " a lot".
It'd be fun if Valve celebrated a sales milestone.

ssringo

Yes, I knew before opening the thread it's by revenue and can read what's in the OP. Thanks for pointing that out I guess?
----------

I think it went back up the charts because another batch of official refurbs went on sale last week from Valve. £249 for the base 64GB model is a good deal.
No doubt the OLED model and their refurbished deals have pushed their numbers up. I do a quick check of the store pretty much every day and can't remember the last time it didn't show up in my, admittedly slightly filtered, top sellers list.

No more than 1 million units tops! (Some will claim unironically). With everyone and their dog releasing handheld PCs to join in on the feeding frenzy, it's probably " a lot".
It'd be fun if Valve celebrated a sales milestone.
Here's hoping. Valve's tendency for silence is both welcome and annoying at the same time!

Three

It's a revenue based chart so expensive gear Valve gear can chart with lower unit sales.

Edit: ok you're aware of this. So...

Last edited:

Tsaki

The number I see thrown around is ~5-6 million. I guess it's fine for a niche device, but considering it's over 2 years old now and it gets forcefully advertised at 10s of millions of players daily, I think its popularity is overestimated in online forums.

ssringo

It's a revenue based chart so expensive gear Valve gear can chart with lower unit sales.

Edit: ok you're aware of this. So...
A game needs to sell, lets say, 10 copies to match selling 1 Deck. A game is selling very well and the Deck is charting similarly. Valve has given no real numbers. So...

I wonder how many Decks have been sold at this point. Not sure why people are hung up on this.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Helldivers doing unbelievably well. The devs must be high-fiving each other every morning when sales numbers come in.
Helldivers is doing great. But PC lists are as usual pretty interesting, just look at this

hhSwiTv.png

Concurrent players right now

Helldivers: 96 000
CoD: 75 000
CS2: 1 516 000... (who are these people..? lol)

It's great though. I like that the PC scene is not being only top-of-the-pops centered.

Last edited:

Three

A game needs to sell, lets say, 10 copies to match selling 1 Deck. A game is selling very well and the Deck is charting similarly. Valve has given no real numbers. So...

I wonder how many Decks have been sold at this point. Not sure why people are hung up on this.
I'm curious about the numbers too and not really hung up on it. Just pointing out you can't really say it's charting similarly when trying to get a grasp on units through a revenue chart, that's all.
With your example say a top game sells 100,000 a week (that's high numbers and I doubt any in this chart are actually doing that at the moment) the deck would need to only sell 10,000 to match it at number one. It's never really number one though and the units are probably lower than that. So the earlier "multiple millions" isn't disproven by these charts. I'd say even 2M is plausible for the two years. You have to remember the Valve Index charted at the top (number 1 rather than lower like the deck) for a long time but it was the cost that did it and not really the units it was moving. The steamdeck doesn’t need to do many units to reach those positions.

Three

Helldivers is doing great. But PC lists are as usual pretty interesting, just look at this

hhSwiTv.png

Concurrent players right now

Helldivers: 96 000
CoD: 75 000
CS2: 1 516 000... (who are these people..? lol)

It's great though. I like that the PC scene is not being only top-of-the-pops centered.
The more bizarre thing is that CS2 is f2p and it charting on the revenue chart means a lot of those people are buying the equivalent of a battle pass at $11 or something. Not sure if all mtx count in these charts or how it qualifies tbh.

Holammer

The more bizarre thing is that CS2 is f2p and it charting on the revenue chart means a lot of those people are buying the equivalent of a battle pass at $11 or something. Not sure if all mtx count in these charts or how it qualifies tbh.
Afaik the top grossing list includes all forms of revenue related to a game, like DLC, in-app purchases, battle passes and such, in this case key sales for lootboxes, prime status upgrade and Valve's cut from Steam market sales. Probably trading cards too.

Top Bottom