• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steamworld Dig 2 officially coming to other platforms (other than Switch)

Fireblend

Banned
Was just checking on the game's status since I've been waiting for this one for a while and noticed this message on the dev's twitter from less than an hour ago:
tL1JPot.png
So, good news for non-Switch owners. I really wish it had a release date though. Hopefully the extra platforms announcement will come with one :)

It should be noted that regarding a multiplatform release, this isn't exactly new news, as they had this bit on their FAQ for the game when it was announced:
For which platforms will it be released?

SteamWorld Dig 2 will debut on Nintendo Switch. Stay tuned for more platform announcements in the near future. We’re exploring the possibilities of a multiplatform release on day one. Stay tuned!
But hopefully this means they were able to do day one release date for all platforms after all :)

Heist wasn't for me but I'll grab this on switch if it's timed exclusive. The first one was AMAZING.
Got it on ps+ or probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

Fireblend

Banned
Did they say it was time exclusive on the nindies direct or did they just not have an "exclusively" title card on it.

As I said in the OP I believe the game was intended to be multiplatform from the start due to that question and answer they had on the game's website.

I don't think the Nindies direct had any sort of indication of exclusivity status for any of the games. I think that's a very un-Nintendo-like thing to do to begin with :p

Kiro

Definitely will play if/when it comes to PS+, but didn't love the first enough to spend money on this.

timberger

Unsurprising, but great news all the same. Wonder if it'll release on Vita like the others.

I don't think the Nindies direct had any sort of indication of exclusivity status for any of the games. I think that's a very un-Nintendo-like thing to do to begin with :p

Pretty sure some of them at least were mentioned as being timed exclusive at least. Can't recall which though...

oti

Banned
I didn't expect otherwise. This is a perfect Switch game so I know for which platform I'm going to buy it.
Unsurprising, but great news all the same. Wonder if it'll release on Vita like the others.

Pretty sure some of them at least were mentioned as being timed exclusive at least. Can't recall which though...

I think Runner 3 is exclusive. No idea though. Sounds kinda odd to be honest.

Oregano

I didn't expect otherwise. This is a perfect Switch game so I know for which platform I'm going to buy it.

I think Runner 3 is exclusive. No idea though. Sounds kinda odd to be honest.

Runner 3 is only console exclusive.

As I said in the OP I believe the game was intended to be multiplatform from the start due to that question and answer they had on the game's website.

I more mean we knew it wasn't exclusive to begin with, I'm just asking if they only had a trailer in that direct. (Also several of the indie games were timed-exclusives, Runner 3 being an actual console exclusive)

Top Bottom