• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stein;s Gate is $16 on PSN (US) - Flash Sale

Phatcorns

Fantastic game, cannot recommend highly enough. If you have any issues with the main character, I still highly recommend you push through and just look at his chuunibyou as part of his character growth.

S;G shits on Danganronpa from a great height. I say this as someone who actually really likes Dogwood Grandpa.

Fantastic game, cannot recommend highly enough. If you have any issues with the main character, I still highly recommend you push through and just look at his chuunibyou as part of his character growth.

This as well. I had no idea what to make of Okabe at first, but his character arc is fantastic.

Rnr1224

Bought! I've had my eye on this game since it was announced for Vita. glad I could get it for under half price.

shandy706

Sounds like I need to try this.

So do the people that don't want it due to it being subtitles....do you just not like reading?

Everyone I meet that doesn't like subtitles, either can't read well (fast enough) or they just don't like reading anything.

The only thing I hate...is missing things (in the animation) due to looking away for a split second to read each line quickly. I watch a lot of foreign movies with subtitles though...some good stuff out there.

Fantastic game. But man oh man I was turned off by the main character in the beginning. I nearly stopped playing because he is so awkward/annoying, but it definitely picks up after an hour or two. Still need to beat it though...

zugzug

Do you have to buy both versions to play on both or can you buy the ps3 and play on both? Different skis type of thing?

fvng

as someone who is typically runs away at the sight of anime anything with very few exceptions (Valkria, Ni No Kuni) is this worth playing?

as someone who is typically runs away at the sight of anime anything with very few exceptions (Valkria, Ni No Kuni) is this worth playing?

The characters start off very cliche and almost all of them are into "otaku" culture. If you can't stomach anime stuff this probably isn't your game.

I just finished the dubbed anime so it was nice to hear that there's a sale. But if the game doesn't have the dub, then I'll have to pass.

Just came to post this...

Should this be played before / after watching the anime?

Ideally it should be played before watching the anime, but if you enjoyed the anime then this greatly expands on everything. Also there is one part in the movie that will make no sense if you have only seen the anime since that scene wasn't included.

The tone, time travel plot and character development might be something you like, but the references to otaku culture and base character personalities might not be your thing.

13randO

My personal favourite game of 2015; and it was my first VN ever. Pumped for whenever it is SG 0 gets announced for NA.

Audioboxer

I played the game and then watched the anime. I preferred the anime.

Still enjoyed the game but was left a bit frustrated at not really knowing how I got to my ending.

13randO

Well, the dub's localization was a bit overzealous. I thought the voices were pretty good regardless, I wouldn't have minded having them as an option in the VN if they kept the script the same as it is now.

The Japanese voices are still great though, anyone who disregards the game just because it has no English dub is missing out.

I really liked the dub for the anime EXCEPT the part where
Okabe is talking to the pin vendor with Suzuha. I mean, I get that you can't translate that scene and have it make sense, but going the racial route was not in good taste.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm like an hour into this. Does it stay this humorous? I expected something a bit different in tone. I'll stick with it though, even if some of the cliches and jokes are super hit or miss for me.

Andrefpvs

I'm like an hour into this. Does it stay this humorous? I expected something a bit different in tone. I'll stick with it though, even if some of the cliches and jokes are super hit or miss for me.

All I can say is keep going, even if it appears to be going nowhere at some points.

Bought this the day it came out. One of my favourite games of last year and on Vita, no doubt. Last year was strong for games.

Woah, people like the Steins;Gate anime dub, and Okabe in particular?!

He's pretty much the quintessential example of english dubbers wedging themselves between sounding like a real person and an endearing cartoon character in a mysterious vooid of awful.

Hente

Are there any differences between the vita and PS3 versions? Having some trouble deciding which version to buy.
Edit: bought the Vita version, thanks. Time to go curl on my couch with a comforter with my Vita.

NeatoKuni

thanks OP, picked it up with the 13 bucks I've had sitting in my wallet forever so it feels like I only paid 3$ :p

I've been wanting this forever, stopped watching the anime a couple episodes in when I found out it was coming to Vita.

edit:

Are there any differences between the vita and PS3 versions? Having some trouble deciding which version to buy.

iirc just the resolution? VNs just feel better on handhelds imo.

Top Bottom