• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate Release Date Confirmed for Europe, June 5th

Rosur

Watched the anime of this on Netflix the other week and enjoyed it.

I'm assuming this would be a different story (or would it be the same as the anime in visual novel format)?

Oh yeah, I've had this on preorder for a while.
Had to dart around the temptation of the anime series on netflix knowing that someday soon a release date might actually get finalised.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Watched the anime of this on Netflix the other week and enjoyed it.

I'm assuming this would be a different story (or would it be the same as the anime in visual novel format)?

Same story told better and way more fleshed out and scenes not present in the anime with multiple alternate routes/endings.

Just asked if it'll be possible to buy the game at retail in Germany and I guess the answer is no? Weird if that's the case.

uyJiAO1.png

Shizuka

Just asked if it'll be possible to buy the game at retail in Germany and I guess the answer is no? Weird if that's the case.

When a lot of people ask them regarding distribution of the game in "X" country, they just mention the Rice Digital store and how it has free worldwide shipping.

Novocaine

Really looking forward to this, I've heard nothing but great things.

Is going in totally blind the best way or should I watch the anime series first?

Jucksalbe

Banned

I guess they didn't find a distributor for Germany? It happens from time to time. But it's still weird since they actually bothered to get a USK rating for this.

Shizuka

For people looking to import the standard edition, Amazon UK was the cheapest for me (shipping included), with VGP+ coming in second (shipping included), and only then Rice Digital (free shipping).

If Europe gets it before the US I'll be surprised.

Now I either wait for the US version here or have my family ship it to me from the UK.

Decisions, decisions.

VN, great VO/music and one of the best sci-fi stories of all time.

I think of it as one of the best romance stories of all time, but sure sci-fi why not.

Random question: Does anyone know if the Vita version has a new OP animation, or is it the same as the PS3 version's?

Top Bottom