• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiN0

If "big shit goes down" I hope they don't just basically retcon it like Adventure Time loves to do. Like I don't need people to die or anything but if you are going to run with big changes, have them stick for more than like two episodes plz!

Every major episode has had lasting consequences so far. I don't think we need to worry about retcons/maintaining the status quo

If "big shit goes down" I hope they don't just basically retcon it like Adventure Time loves to do. Like I don't need people to die or anything but if you are going to run with big changes, have them stick for more than like two episodes plz!

Every major episode has had lasting consequences so far. I don't think we need to worry about retcons/maintaining the status quo

Yep. Pretty sure Pearl hasn't gone back to her original clothes, right? She's still sporting her new, post-damage outfit?

They seem to be super, super all about continuity and that stuff.

TheOGB

Banned
Yep. Pretty sure Pearl hasn't gone back to her original clothes, right? She's still sporting her new, post-damage outfit?

They seem to be super, super all about continuity and that stuff.
...Wait, really?
Episode 01 Gem Glow
latest

Episode 16 Steven the Sword Fighter
latest
Whaaaaaaat
I didn't even notice!

Venture

"Who's that fella with the big head?"
UJBLFBx.jpg

Loving this show. I hope the news about a third season is true. Since they seem to be getting right to the heart of the main plot already, I was afraid it might mean the show was coming to an end.

"Who's that fella with the big head?"
UJBLFBx.jpg

Loving this show. I hope the news about a third season is true. Since they seem to be getting right to the heart of the main plot already, I was afraid it might mean the show was coming to an end.

This is still the first season. There is still a second season of another 52 episode well into production.

Leonel

Neo Member
It's both amazing and sad to see the Crystal Gems come to the realization of their own fear. They have no clue what they're up against, and that's saying something considering Garnet's future vision. After watching yesterday and today's episodes, it makes me wonder if....
they'll even fight at all.

It was also awesome to see Steven's leadership skills at work, you can definitely tell that comes from Rose's side. Mayor Dewey's hots for Pearl was pretty funny too. This whole week has just been awesome so far, kudos to the Crewniverse for making this a week-long event! I couldn't be anymore excited for tomorrow's half-hour roller coaster.

Huh, I never saw the lapis episodes even though i swear i saw all the steven universe episodes. So I was confused when watching yesterday's episode. I was just DVRing them and watching the episodes on demand though at first since I missed the beginning of the season. Thats the main drawback of shows like this that have plot randomly sprinkled out across a buttload of episodes, its super easy to miss things especially since its hard to watch everything in order legally. I guess I could get the DVD of the first 13 episodes but I dont have anything to play it on right now, not even a TV.

Raxus

Huh, I never saw the lapis episodes even though i swear i saw all the steven universe episodes. So I was confused when watching yesterday's episode. I was just DVRing them and watching the episodes on demand though at first since I missed the beginning of the season. Thats the main drawback of shows like this that have plot randomly sprinkled out across a buttload of episodes, its super easy to miss things especially since its hard to watch everything in order legally. I guess I could get the DVD of the first 13 episodes but I dont have anything to play it on right now, not even a TV.

For the full Lapis experience anyways you need to watch Mirror Gem and Ocean Gem back to back. The episodes may be available on CN legally but I think you need a cable provider sadly :(

6EQH4kt.png

I'm pretty hyped for tomorrow's 2-parter, but it was really interesting to see the way Mayor Dewey acted in this episode. I thought he'd just be the typical sleazy politician, but it's clear that he desperately wants to be accepted by the townspeople for more reasons than just his re-election.

Hamlet

Keep Beach City Weird
tumblr_nl2ptzDmkT1sez0oko1_500.jpg

The power was OFF today in Beach City, but the weird was ON!

Mayor Dewey told everyone in town it’d be back on by sundown, but HE WAS LYING! He also told my dad that it was just some routine maintenance work. He was probably LYING about that too! Because he’s clearly being paid off by the GLOWSTICK LOBBY!

With rave attendance down, BIG GLOWSTICK needed a way pump their wares into the American consumer’s hands. And what better way than with a nationwide BLACK OUT!

I’m not falling for your tricks, Dewey. From now on, I’m using TORCHES ONLY.

Also, glowsticks are filled with ghost blood.

It'll be interesting to see if the gems stop keeping secrets from steven and include him in more conversations now that they opened up to him and said the full truth at the end of this episode.

vypek

Lol at the mayor calling pearl the hot one.

At this point, I'd love to see a very awkward romance kind of thing like Mayor Dewey on a date with Pearl. Would be hilarious considering how the gems sometimes don't understand some human things.

For this episode, I'm really glad
that they can talk very seriously with Steven now instead of coddling him and hiding stuff from him. Also, how did the retrieve the 3 laser light cannons? I guess Steven made them show up and the other gems collected them

Psxphile

Has this been posted yet? It's an interview with each of the characters from the show. It doesn't reveal anything important from what I've read but it's really cute.

http://www.newsarama.com/23160-steven-universe-the-character-on-steven-universe-the-series.html

It's from January, but I don't think it was ever posted here. I like the little hints towards future episodes and character developments you can see in those answers.

The Aivi & Surasshu Soundcloud has been seeing a lot of activity lately, lots of songs and tunes from the recent episodes have been uploaded recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom