• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

tumblr_nlhj2lEnIn1smn4pqo1_1280.jpg
stevencrewniverse:
In honor of our new episode tonight, The Crewniverse is sharing…

Blueberry Lemon Friendship Cake!

(Food Prep: Christy Cohen)
Now here’s a cake we really want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want

Also short promo for "Joy Ride"
Guess they're showing that instead of Shirt Club next week.

Toxi

Banned
Man, every time we see Rose's Room, it does scary stuff.

Open Book spoilers

I managed to figure out the fake Connie before the reveal, but it was still freaky watching it glitch out. I get the feeling Rose's Room is sentient; there's the whale talking to Steven in Rose Quartz's voice in the earlier episode, and then there's fake Connie trying to get Steven to tell Connie what he really felt.

Also, I'm almost certain the fifty pages of wedding cake description is a reference to how the Redwall books had absurdly detailed descriptions of food.

PaulloDEC

Yikes, I thought Open Book had gotten kinda dark for a moment.
When Connie started glitching out my first thought was that the room had been puppeteering the real Connie the whole time, making her do what Steven was asking for. It was kind of a relief when it turned out the room had created a fake Connie instead.

iosefe

Yikes, I thought Open Book had gotten kinda dark for a moment.
When Connie started glitching out my first thought was that the room had been puppeteering the real Connie the whole time, making her do what Steven was asking for. It was kind of a relief when it turned out the room had created a fake Connie instead.
This show gets too close to too real in 11 minutes

I love it

PSqueak

Banned
I loved the episode, it was very cute and innocent.

I specially liked how Connie missed the subtext in the book and Steven didnt, i think it makes both characters better (ie, steven not being too dumb for the buck as portrayed before, Connie not being an infallible know it all) and really reinforces how they complement each other.

Raxus

I just heard somewhere that after the three episodes that take place after Steven Bomb the show will go on a hiatus for a while. Or were they just making things up and we don't know?

The production schedule has 2 more season 1 episodes and 2 season 2 scheduled. The turn around in 11 episode shows is such that you can air pretty consistently so I have no idea how many season 2 episodes have finished production. We do know they have 'finished' season 2 though. The way the episodes are going and the way TV seasons go I was just expecting a hiatus. But with CN, who knows. They have crazy scheduling.

Leonel

Neo Member
Man, every time we see Rose's Room, it does scary stuff.

Open Book spoilers

I managed to figure out the fake Connie before the reveal, but it was still freaky watching it glitch out. I get the feeling Rose's Room is sentient; there's the whale talking to Steven in Rose Quartz's voice in the earlier episode, and then there's fake Connie trying to get Steven to tell Connie what he really felt.

Well, considering Rose's thing was to create/preserve life it would make sense for something of her to have some type of sentience. Though how complex the room can be is still up in the air.

Also, do Connie and Steven already acknowledge the feelings they have for each other? It already seems like it after Connie says she cares for him/likes him.

PSqueak

Banned
Well, considering Rose's thing was to create/preserve life it would make sense for something of her to have some type of sentience. Though how complex the room can be is still up in the air.

Also, do Connie and Steven already acknowledge the feelings they have for each other? It already seems like it after Connie says she cares for him/likes him.

It seems like this is it. Specially when you take in account what they reveal what steven was holding from Connie or how Connie didn't freak out about
Seeing herself in a wedding dress.

The episode sure seems to imply they both acknowledge it, but i dunno, after all this episode basically said Connie is bad at picking up romantic cues.

Zubz

Banned
So after the hiatus when is the show supposed to start airing again?
pleasebeatleastearlyjune

Well, at the very least, we know the Uncle Grandpa crossover's coming out in April. My guess is that we'll get the rest of Season 1, then the crossover early April, then the hiatus. IIRC, they're going to release the iOS RPG to keep fans interested in the interim. Honestly, since they've already confirmed they've worked on Season 3, I don't think the hiatus will be too long, either.

It seems like this is it. Specially when you take in account what they reveal what steven was holding from Connie or how Connie didn't freak out about
Seeing herself in a wedding dress.

The episode sure seems to imply they both acknowledge it, but i dunno, after all this episode basically said Connie is bad at picking up romantic cues.

Yeah; as soon as she saw that, I immediately assumed she'd have a perturbed reaction at more than
her doppelganger attacking Steven
, but I'm glad they went the route that they did; as much as I love Archer, I was annoyed that it took half-an-episode last night for Archer to explain
that he didn't cheat on Lana with Katya
, and as far as TV shows go, that's good for a character explaining a situation like that. Seriously thought the episode was just going to mull on Connie getting upset
he made a second Connie in a wedding dress
for an obnoxiously long time.

Psxphile

Stuff seems to be happening.

I updated the episode guides to address certain concerns and because I was recently reminded that a certain episode was a little too important to not be highlighted and featured. But of course that means others were tossed into the 'maybe' pile, but as the disclaimer on the first page says: It is in your best interests to see every episode. Because you're going to miss stuff regardless.

In the future, I'll be updating this again once all of the Season 1B episodes are out in the open, and probably dropping broadcast order and do a proper production order: Matt already revealed that Open Book was meant to come directly after Marble Madness, making it episode 45. Now if he can just release an updated list of the show's intended order like he did before that would be... nice.

Anyway, here we are:

Looking at previews and promos for Joy Ride again, I get the sense that the Cool Kids are trying to free up Steven from the responsibilities he places on himself as a Crystal Gem so that he can wind down and have some fun... and while that's fine and all, why do I feel like the Kids are themselves running away from similar responsibilities? I wonder if we'll learn more about why they hang out together.

EDIT: ha
tumblr_nlj7unbIMe1u1e188o1_1280.jpg

On this week’s episode of Steven Universe, Thursday, March 26 at 5:00 p.m. (ET/PT)… “Joy Ride” – The Cool Kids help Steven put some fun back in his life.

Raxus

Looks like we are going to deal with the effects of the crash for part of the season. Wonder what was left behind. Peridot seems a little too convenient.

Hamlet

Looks like we are going to deal with the effects of the crash for part of the season. Wonder what was left behind. Peridot seems a little too convenient.

Yeah I guessing they might have to deal with some renegade gem weapons or gem technology from the crash possibly. Don't want any civilians to get hurt by them. But yeah it would be a tad too convenient if that green glow in the picture ended up being Peridot.
Still I have complete confidence in what the SU crew has in wait for us.

Zubz

Banned
Yeah I guessing they might have to deal with some renegade gem weapons or gem technology from the crash possibly. Don't want any civilians to get hurt by them. But yeah it would be a tad too convenient if that green glow in the picture ended up being Peridot.
Still I have complete confidence in what the SU crew has in wait for us.

Eh. It might just be her escape pod; it's too early for her to come back, IMO, but I feel they're going to build up her return before the hiatus.

Started watching the show again from the beginning (wanted to introduce it to my dad) and it's insane seeing how much stuff they foreshadow and set up so early on. In the Cat Fingers episode Steven says he wants to shape shift into a lion, for example.

Also someone was asking or theorizing about the differences between the gem shards from Frybo, and the shards that turn into hands in Secret Team. Pearl actually explicitly explains why the shards from Frybo are different but Steven's internal monologue talks over her the entire time. I'm sure someone with more time and patience than I have right now could go in and transcribe everything she says but it comes down to the shards in Frybo being Gem Technology to make living suits of armor, and the shards from Secret Team being actual pieces of Gems.

JC Sera

Started watching the show again from the beginning (wanted to introduce it to my dad) and it's insane seeing how much stuff they foreshadow and set up so early on. In the Cat Fingers episode Steven says he wants to shape shift into a lion, for example.

Also someone was asking or theorizing about the differences between the gem shards from Frybo, and the shards that turn into hands in Secret Team. Pearl actually explicitly explains why the shards from Frybo are different but Steven's internal monologue talks over her the entire time. I'm sure someone with more time and patience than I have right now could go in and transcribe everything she says but it comes down to the shards in Frybo being Gem Technology to make living suits of armor, and the shards from Secret Team being actual pieces of Gems.
Its already been done

vypek

Lol. The Jasper Arcanine and Peridot Metapod is kinda funny.

Is the term being used some take on "super tough pink puff"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom