• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2 Comic-Con Trailer

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I love Stanger Things and despite being told repeatedly that I'm wrong, I love Super 8.

ST is better, but it doesn't mean S8 doesn't need to exist or is any less fun to me.

You can like it and others can still critique a lot of the issues in the movie.

Any trailer that can make use of "Thriller" without making it a joke AND not have the song completely dominate the imagery is some god tier editing work. It would probably be going too far to say that using one of the most recognizable songs of the modern era in this trailer was "inspired," but damn that's some good stuff. I didn't love the first season, but this trailer got me excited.

Speely

Banned
This is probably the most well-executed trailer I have ever seen. It just nails it on every level.

Season 2 looks fucking sick.

CHC

Man it looks goooooood!

October 27th, man.... shit.

Stranger Things 2
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
Super Mario Odyssey
Assassin's Creed Origins

wiibomb

omg this trailer is amazing... absolutely amazing...

anyone has a footage from the crowd when this was playing? I can't imagine the reaction to everything

dsp

qSrk8Ft.gif

Underrated post.

CHC

Assasins Creed doesn't belong on that list.

It is at best an appetizer.

It looks cool to me, and it does come out on that same day. Likely I won't get it when it launches, but it's got enough going for it to earn my conditional interest. On the 27th, though, I'll probably play Wolfenstein and then watch Stranger Things when my girlfriend gets tired of waiting for me to stop shooting Nazis.

Severance

For some reason I had my doubts about Stranger Things season 2 being as good as the first and wow was I wrong. My hype is restored, what an amazing trailer. There's two things I love in a setting for any movie or series: the 1980s and Halloween. Just in time for Oct 27th. Bring it.

Speely

Banned
For some reason I had my doubts about Stranger Things season 2 being as good as the first and wow was I wrong. My hype is restored, what an amazing trailer. There's two things I love in a setting for any movie or series: the 1980s and Halloween. Just in time for Oct 27th. Bring it.

I was a bit trepidatious as well. S1 seemed like lightning in a bottle and I had a hard time imagining a follow-up that could keep it going well.

Looks like I was wrong too. :)

Really well done start, makes me remember fondly the old days of playing Tempest and Moon Patrol in the arcades. Then when the Vincent Price voice-over starts it gets awesome.

bionic77

It looks cool to me, and it does come out on that same day. Likely I won't get it when it launches, but it's got enough going for it to earn my conditional interest. On the 27th, though, I'll probably play Wolfenstein and then watch Stranger Things when my girlfriend gets tired of waiting for me to stop shooting Nazis.
If you like that is good enough, and I could be wrong, but it sure doesn't seem to have the same promise as the other games or ST.

This is probably the most well-executed trailer I have ever seen. It just nails it on every level.

Season 2 looks fucking sick.
Zelda was the best trailer I saw this year until this.

Using Thriller just set my 80s hype machine to the danger zone.

Not

Banned
HOW DOES ELEVEN FIND HER WAY BACK

"Oh, there was a portal back into the real world like in the next hallway"

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I can't get over how packed that weekend is going to be. I would block off an entire weekend for each of Mario, Wolfenstein and ST2.

Speely

Banned
Zelda was the best trailer I saw this year until this.

Using Thriller just set my 80s hype machine to the danger zone.

Hah, same boat in regard to Zelda. (Big surprise given my avatar, I suppose.)

This trailer just trounces all over everything. It's basically in cheat/god mode.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can't get over how packed that weekend is going to be. I would block off an entire weekend for each of Mario, Wolfenstein and ST2.

There is so much coming out that week I'm thinking of taking some vacation time to enjoy everything. I've already got a Stranger Things 2 viewing party in mind with a bunch of friends and coworkers but I also want to get some serious time into Wolfenstein 2 and Mario.

Jb

What a fantastically well put together trailer.

I only finished S1 recently and had a damn good time watching it. I do wish they had a few more original ideas but as a kid who grew up on King and Spielberg it was delicious comfort food. I hope they get bolder with season 2.

hydruxo

Noah Schnapp is going to win some awards if this trailer is any indication. That shot of Will crying in particular...wow.

bionic77

Hah, same boat in regard to Zelda. (Big surprise given my avatar, I suppose.)

This trailer just trounces all over everything. It's basically in cheat/god mode.
Just imagine if the show actually surpasses the trailer to the degree Zelda did?

Top Bottom