• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things season 2 Comic-Con Trailer

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
The guy I quoted wrote it in direct response to this trailer

And I'm pointing out the notion of wanting a second season to be something different with a whole new cast really didn't make much sense. It's better to build on something that works than try to recreate that magic again with a total fresh start.

It's like people loved the first season so much they didn't want to risk a "sequel".

RyanW

Have they talked about giving Season 1 a home release? I know some Netflix shows like House of Cards and OITNB do. I feel like BTS stuff would be awesome to watch for this

kevin1025

Banned
EcfsHkbl.png

you know what, just send me to the dark world.

That is the upside down. Dandruff land is the normal place.

Will, you poor fuck.

I hope they up their CGI/effects game. Season 1's monster scenes took me out of it a lot

I always get confused when I see people say this because as far as I'm aware, the creature was practical effects, animatronics, and a guy in a suit.

Is there any article or interview where they say it was CG, or maybe even augmented with CG? I honestly thought it was CG when I watched it (though it didn't bother me) and was amazed to hear it was practical, especially the head.

Edit: Rereading your comment I see you're also just talking about the effects as a whole and not necessarily saying the creature was CG, but I'm still curious how much CG was used for it. Not like I don't believe any was used or anything I'm just interested in how they made it.

HStallion

hell yeah!!! brilliant idea to use thriller in this trailer

they didn't have to show 11, though...even though everyone knows she'll be back they could've kept that a surprise. all they had to show was her hand coming out of the wall, keeping the audience guessing who it is

SilentRob

This might be one of the best Trailers I have ever seen. Holy Shit.

And I'm pointing out the notion of wanting a second season to be something different with a whole new cast really didn't make much sense. It's better to build on something that works than try to recreate that magic again with a total fresh start.

It's like people loved the first season so much they didn't want to risk a "sequel".

It's neither better, nor worse. Both can work. Fargo S2 is amazing with a completely different cast. This will probably amazing, too .

kevin1025

Banned
hell yeah!!! brilliant idea to use thriller in this trailer

they didn't have to show 11, though...even though everyone knows she'll be back they could've kept that a surprise. all they had to show was her hand coming out of the wall, keeping the audience guessing who it is

Then the Barb brigade would never let it go.

Nokterian

That usage of Thriller..perfect, just perfect. We delve deeper in to the unknown also looks like Cthulhu is paying a visit!

HStallion

It's neither better, nor worse. Both can work. Fargo S2 is amazing with a completely different cast. This will probably amazing, too .

That's not really a great reason to dump everything from season 1 to start over entirely for season 2.

Top Bottom