• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
S3 characters are coming.

AE is basically a Goty package.

it's basically GOTY with more contents that weren't included in old version so I'm saying that we might get few "free" characters coming with Arcade Edition, along with one more mode. They said they have more contents to announce in the future so I'm going with my phrase, hope for the best but expect for the worst so you can't be disappointed either way.

Marvel can be salvaged, you really think there not going to update the game?

That's only if they are willing to salvage the game (Marvel and Capcom)

Nice! Glad to see Arcade mode is coming back to SFV for free :)

So if the game plus both season passes is now only $39.99, does this mean the Season 1 and Season 2 passes will drop to less than $19.99 each? (something like $9.99 would be nice ;-)

Probably not. I assume the logic is that existing users getting the new content all for free will offset the price differences for the current content

but basically if you don't already own the game....WAIT. lol. Do NOT get the current bundles to try and catch up

Lol

Even when capcom does awesome shit you get driveby posts like this. SFV cant win

So should I endorse Capcom for releasing an unfinished game?

What they are doing is not great, it's what they should have done 2 years ago. And I say this as a person who plays the game almost daily, there are some things that cannot get a free pass.

Marvel can be salvaged, you really think there not going to update the game?

Pretty much everything besides the gameplay needs to be redone before anyone can take it seriously: the art style, the roster, the voice direction, the music, it all needs to be completely reworked. I don't know if Capcom's willing to invest that much into it, or if they'll be able to keep the Marvel liscence for that long.

sephi22

The battle costumes were discounted to 2.99$. Look it up!

But I believe they're currently the only ones. Even the other ones that now have bundles still cost 4$.
This is news to me. You sure about (individual) battle costumes?
IIRC they bundled all the vanilla ones into a $29.99 pack. Gonna check now

mattp

『Inaba Resident』;251019233 said:
Considering people in this thread are already going "BUBUBHBHUH I THOUGHT THEY SAID", no they shouldn't lol.

those people are dopes

super is way more fun. and keeps with tradition

Pejo

Gold Member
Curious what they could do with Necalli's V Trigger. Anyways, these additions sound great, and should have shipped with the game or quickly after launch.

Time to dust off the fightpad.

BigEmil

To what end?
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-improvements-for-fortnite-battle-royale
I hope so, it’d help a shit-ton with the input delay.

hoping for that and Pro support finally

It has to, the question is how soon, those sweet UE4 new optimizations are a must for any fighting game.
Yep, now is the time especially with how they're kinda doing all this refresh stuff with this version
It's not something as simple as just an update. You have to go through the entire quality assurance process and fix everything the new update breaks considering the engine is the foundation of the game. It's a monumental task and if they allocated a budget to implement its improvements, it'll take a lot of time & resources.
I'm sure a big aaa dev company like Capcom can handle this no sweat and UE4 engine is very smooth streamlined for updates and development

my boi Duck King is back!
/s

SFV-Arcade-Mode-Special-Stage.jpg

Hutchie

Shouldve called it hyper fighting! No 2nd critical art though is disappointing but hopefully balance changes means new combos.

Belker

Is there any word about whether digital owners will get the season 1 and 2 characters for free? I bought it at launch, so it's not like I can buy a used copy for a tenner to upgrade.

I feel a right plonker buying the extra characters now (mainly since I've not really played it much). That could be lessened if I got another set for free.

What they are doing is not great, it's what they should have done 2 years ago. And I say this as a person who plays the game almost daily, there are some things that cannot get a free pass.

If they could have done it two years ago, they would have. How hard is this to understand?

Also, a free pass? People have been constantly shitting on them in every. single. thread. that. even. mentions. this. game.

hawk2025

The game was hammered in reviews, by players, and initially sold poorly.

How is any of that a “free pass”?

cordy

Banned

True. We shouldn't give them a free pass. They fucked up a lot.

But I think they at least deserve another chance tbh. I mean I'll give them that. They're doing well with this package and that's coming from me of all people. Yall know my thoughts on the title.

kitzkozan

Good stuff. Getting close to being a real challenger to GG Xrd for best fighter this gen now.

Forget Xrd or Tekken 7, it's going to be up there along the mainline SF games. In term of content, it will blow just about every SF game out of the water outside of Alpha 3. With season 3, it will reach 34 characters which is getting near USFIV. If you look at the number of stages, it will blow every other SF game out there.

Past the arcade update, they will only have to focus on balancing and the core gameplay. :)

Her basic combos are easy
There is one tricky combo in trial mode but u dont need to utilize it in matches, her basic juggle combos deal good enough damage
Seems like between this, my unopened for 3 years MKX, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (fuck Infinite), my PS3 fighters, DBZF and Gundam Versus I should just invest in an arcade stick already.

Nimby

Banned
So will I actually get this for free if I have base Street Fighter V with none of the DLC? Seems like a good fucking deal, especially since I got it on sale for $20.

Tyaren

So this means the game will finally get a Pro patch too, since it also releases as a separate new game?
DLC costumes, stages and characters are not in?

Pompadour

You shit on them for nearly 2 years. What's the point of a company making things right if it doesn't benefit them. Continuing to shit on a company when they're doing the right thing only discourages them from not fixing their problems because why bother?

And if you bought SFV at launch the game people believed they were owed is coming to them for free in January. And like most games with DLC, if you waited you get it all for a large discount.

So this means the game will finally get a Pro patch too, right, since also releases as a separate new game?
DLC costumes, stages and characters are not in?

No. Not for free. Basically, this update is two things:

A free update for everyone with a ton of free content.

A paid version that's basically the GOTY/Deluxe edition with all the S1+S2 characters.

kikiribu

arcade02.jpg

So is this Barrel Buster mode or is it the bonus stage version from Arcade mode?

EDIT NVM I'm blind it says bonus stage right there

So this is a NEVER coming to xbox?
lol this would have been the time to announce that and no. Sony helped fund this game.

Nephtes

I'm not sure who this is for...
Is there really an audience on PC or PS4 that doesn't have SFV that will buy it now that it has an Arcade Mode?
Like, we're talking 1 million plus?

Are people who already own base SFV going to run out and buy another copy?

I just don't see it.

That said, if Capcom decides to give the middle finger to Sony and release this on Xbox (like they should have done from the beginning), I'll happily double-dip and buy SFV again to play with my Xbox friends...
I think Xbox is about the last place this game can make money off new sales... Too bad it's the only place Capcom won't go.

So will I actually get this for free if I have base Street Fighter V with none of the DLC? Seems like a good fucking deal, especially since I got it on sale for $20.
You'll get all the new modes and balance changes and stuff, but all the new stages and the characters released thus far won't be given to you. You still have to either buy them or get them through FM.

FSLink

Banned
Is there really an audience on PC or PS4 that doesn't have SFV that will buy it now that it has an Arcade Mode?

I just don't see it.

That said, if Capcom decides to give the middle finger to Sony and release this on Xbox, I'll happily double-dip and buy SFV again to play with my Xbox friends...
I think Xbox is about the last place this game can make money off new sales... To bad it's the only place Capcom won't go.

Yes. Not likely a million plus, but I do think a lot of people who haven't been paying attention to updates will also decide to pick it up.

Arcade Edition gets Season 1 and 2 dlc characters. So existing players also gets them for free??? Or is Capcom giving us a bunch of FM to buy them all??

.J.

Banned
So.... if you bought this game for full price on launch, is there any way to get the DLC at a discount if you haven't gotten it yet? Or is it cheaper to just buy this for $40 if you only have the base game?

Seems like between this, my unopened for 3 years MKX, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (fuck Infinite), my PS3 fighters, DBZF and Gundam Versus I should just invest in an arcade stick already.

Not to side-track, but a lot of games are designed to be pad-friendly these days. Even those that aren't, you'll still see pad players winning tournaments as often as stick players, if not more. If you're comfortable with pads, use them.

Neoxon

I just don't see it.

That said, if Capcom decides to give the middle finger to Sony and release this on Xbox, I'll happily double-dip and buy SFV again to play with my Xbox friends...
I think Xbox is about the last place this game can make money off new sales... To bad it's the only place Capcom won't go.
It’s more of that they can’t go to Xbox One (because Sony).

Allforce

Season 1 Battle Costumes (including Hot Ryu) are 2.99 each now. Or 29.99 for all 16.

Yeah you right. I checked myself in game too.
I could've sworn I bought a premium costume since the Discount but I guess not.

What's funny is when SFV came out I sold my Bison Battle Outfit costume code that came with my pre-order for 29 dollars on eBay. People were desperate, the Cammy one was selling for 60+ in some auctions.

So this is a NEVER coming to xbox?
Never.
Is there any word about whether digital owners will get the season 1 and 2 characters for free? I bought it at launch, so it's not like I can buy a used copy for a tenner to upgrade.

I feel a right plonker buying the extra characters now (mainly since I've not really played it much). That could be lessened if I got another set for free.

No, you're not getting characters for free. Unless you buy the AE.

Top Bottom