• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: Free update arcade mode & more; $40 game+DLC bundle

VariantX

468a4aa118519459e57e4d911ff36cd8.jpg

SF 3 Ken!!????

Looks like alpha ken to me. SF3 ken has different gloves.

Neoxon

i very much doubt capcom will give out the season 1 and 2 characters for free
hell i'm glad with just the arcade mode and the new v triggers
Read the OP or watch the trailer, all of the DLC characters from Seasons 1 & 2 are included in Arcade Edition. If you mean if they'll be included in the free update for existing SFV owners, then yeah, you're right in that they won't be given away.

IronLich

Ugh, I feel like there are too many questions, and not enough answers.

I just want the S2 characters. Will buying this new version mean I have to make a new CFN? That means I might lose all the costumes and stages I bought with FM. Probably be cheaper to get the S2 character pass, since at least costumes are bundled in.

Speaking of, I assume you're getting none of the extra costumes + stages either?

This feels like something that Capcom can't really go full hog on, because if you get that Complete edition, it's a betrayal to anyone who cared to maintain their Fight Money, but a complete "Ultimate/GOTY/XL" edition is really all people could want.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Arcade mode and other free stuff is awesome, but the new menus honestly look much worse to me.

The gold trim is tacky as shit, and I was totally fine with that flat, unobtrusive design of the in-game HUD. Now it's blinged out in a stupid way.

Still, a small price to pay for Capcom nailing this package in terms of content and pricing.

I just want the S2 characters. Will buying this new version mean I have to make a new CFN? That means I might lose all the costumes and stages I bought with FM.

Speaking of, I assume you're getting none of the extra costumes + stages either?

This feels like something that Capcom can't really go full hog on, because if you get that Complete edition, it's a betrayal to anyone who cared to maintain their Fight Money, but a complete "Ultimate/GOTY/XL" edition is really all people could want.

If you just want the season 2 characters, buy the character pass. It's less than the price of this retail update, and will probably be further discounted next year. What's the dilemma?

Neoxon

I just want the S2 characters. Will buying this new version mean I have to make a new CFN? That means I might lose all the costumes and stages I bought with FM.

I'd imagine that if you log in on your same PSN ID, your shit will carry over.....at least I hope that's the case.

cordy

Banned
They're doing everything I said they should do that a good amount went against me for saying. Thank you Capcom for doing the right thing even down to the new IU.

HotchieMotchie

Neo Member
So the SF3 route has 6 fights? Who are the six fighters? Ibuki, Alex, Urien...does Kolin count as SF3 or 5?

I mean, Ryu, Ken and Chun were in SF3 too

Any info if this version will be played in NYCC as a surprise?

I am like 99% sure the whole reason they announced this today, literally an hour before NYCC opens, is because they're showing it off at their booth. They did similar stuff with Darkstalkers Resurrection in the past.

Durden77

『Inaba Resident』;251017679 said:
Why do people think that's Cammy lol

That's Rashid lol

Oh even better. Just glanced at it going into work and it looked like her idle animation.

I have the base game with s 1 & 2. Really interested to see what stages/costumes they include, thay will tell me if I'll double dip.

jett

D-Member

I just want the S2 characters. Will buying this new version mean I have to make a new CFN? That means I might lose all the costumes and stages I bought with FM. Probably be cheaper to get the S2 character pass, since at least costumes are bundled in.

This is always going to be a Game as a Service thing. They're not giving you any DLC stages or bonus outfits.

If you just want S2 characters, might as well buy the season pass. It costs the same as the AE lol.

Expecting stages and costumes from greedy Capcom that won't happen. Maybe during the end of the game cycle they'll release a 60 dollar package with everything.

Isn't cfn tied to your psn account? Also just buy the s2 characters it's cheaper plus it goes on sale every other day.. instead of buying this package.

It would have been cool to have the characters unlock for free for currents owners tbh. Nevertheless good to see Capcom finally doing this.

Coda

My plan is to still play R. Mika now that her tag partner can hit you with a chair (which is rad and hilarious) but also main Zeku. Excited to hopefully see his reveal trailer tomorrow. But man it's been awhile, I haven't played the game in many months at this point.

kitzkozan

We'll, it has issues but overall it's a enjoyable game if you play online or offline vs.

I personally would get the new version, you have a bunch of new stuff to do offline, have a bunch of characters and can unlock S3 characters with FM and more.

I agree that it's better to wait for the new version since it will have way more offline content and new ways to earn FM such as extra battle mode. I think that arcade mode will also award you FM when you finish it once with a character on a select level of difficulty (would make sense). It's going to be easier to accumulate FM which will allow you to buy new characters, colors or stages. ;)

entremet

So now we know why MvCI was low budget lol. They were putting their A team on salvaging SFV lol.

Hopefully, this bodes well for Marvel getting some decent post-launch support to fix it up.

OK, firstly I'm excited by this. Looking great.

Thank god everyone can shut the fuck up about their precious arcade mode now.

I'm pissed off that I paid full price for the seasons though. And now we get this news before we've even seen the final character. That's kinda bullshit.

What about stages and costumes? Will they be free with the new disc?

I feel like existing owners need to thrown a bone to stop them feeling ripped off.

Coda

The V-Trigger and EX bars def look worse now IMO. The gold on the health bars and timer is kind of cool but the execution just makes it look tacky.

jett

D-Member
The V-Trigger and EX bars def look worse now IMO. The gold on the health bars and timer is kind of cool but the execution just makes it look tacky.

The thick black outline on everything just looks awful. Especially the I and II on the V-Trigger bar. Hideos visage.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Blame the idiots that complained about every single aspect of SFV. Now we got a totally unnecessary change.

I blame idiots all day every day, but I keep it to myself. I have to wonder who came up with this gold theme and why nobody cool works at Capcom who could say "really, dude?"

Eh. I got used to Ken's face. I'll get used to this.

MechaX

Personally I think that S3 is going to be do or die for the game at this point.

SFV was a game that while I don't have the most fun in, I did want to see it succeed (although, Capcom needs to take these lumps if they're going to learn).

Top Bottom