• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Street Fighter V is a PS4 console exclusive" (PlayStation Blog)

PCs are not in my purview. I don't really consider PCs to be the home of gaming; consoles are. And in the world of consoles, the PS4 is where games will fulfill their most potential.

PS4 is for gaming, PCs are for sending emails and writing reports and doing some online shopping.

PS4 is for playing SFV, PC is for talking about it on NeoGAF.

MY MAN!

So actually you just don't know shit.

well he is telling the truth so why hurl insults at him?

Squire

Banned
I want to know how long SF5 has been in development. Killer Instinct has the potential to be a strong first tier fighting game contender at EVO. This exclusivity kinda helps legitimizes Killer Instinct as a competitor.

If MS were smart they would invest and strengthen their own home grown product.
gaming-killer-instinct-screenshot-6.jpg

I think Spencer actually did say that while they'll act on opportunities for deals, of they can grow an IP they own in the same genre, they'll just do that.

MS will probably sponsor EVO for at least the next two years. Song probably will too, in light of this.

jfoul

Even though I expect the next versions of SFV (Super, Turbo, Ultra) to be on the Xbox One, this is a pretty big win for the PS4. This move will probably cement the PS4 as the default console at tournaments, and put it in public eye as the go to for fighting games.

lingpanda

What about Street Fighter V Turbo? It's inevitable in some form right? Given Capcoms history with the series. Could that be multi platform?

Perhaps. But even then, if Sony is footing the bill or partially footing the bill for Street Fighter V, then why would the expansions come to Xbox One?

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely a possibility and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened, though it's something worth thinking about.

Are they? I don't know much of the story. I just find it hard to believe in a world where Street Fighter 4 is on 3DS and iphone, that they aren't going to put Street Fighter V on more platforms.

How many times have we heard the 'exclusive' cry before only to see more platforms later involved..

BY2K

Membero Americo
Angry Joe got hit by a copyright claim on his SFV rant video by Capcom.

Maximillian also got two strikes from them before the game was officially announced.

For Max, I can understand why Capcom did it, the trailer had leaked, but why hit Angry Joe? Or is it just Youtube's ID claim bot fucking up?

LifEndz

I think this was huge, and if it was an announcement made at E3 it would probably be talked about much more than it is. Like many others, I still think some version of this finds its way onto the X1 at some point in time.

David___

Banned
Are they? I don't know much of the story. I just find it hard to believe in a world where Street Fighter 4 is on 3DS and iphone, that they aren't going to put Street Fighter V on more platforms.

How many times have we heard the 'exclusive' cry before only to see more platforms later involved..

Given that Ono said he had no budget and staff last year for SF5 and a Ultra SF4 port for current gen and Capcom's financial state its very possible Sony is funding it.

I think this was huge, and if it was an announcement made at E3 it would probably be talked about much more than it is. Like many others, I still think some version of this finds its way onto the X1 at some point in time.

Can't wait for TF Sigma for PS4.

Amir0x

Banned

Maximillian also got two strikes from them before the game was officially announced.

For Max, I can understand why Capcom did it, the trailer had leaked, but why hit Angry Joe? Or is it just Youtube's ID claim bot fucking up?

yea it's fucked up

fuck off Capcom with that shit

BY2K

Membero Americo
What the hell, Capcom even sent him the PR for the announcement and all the assets. Then they go and copyright claim his video.

This has to be Youtube's ID Claim Bot fucking up.

Endo Punk

It's funny that despite in house exclusives by Sony, MS and Nintendo its always 3rd party exclusives that shape the discussion around a console. Bayo 2 made WiiU a talking point, Tom Raider/TF for Xbox and SF5 for PS4.

I'm enjoying him blowing up on Twitter like a right tool rather than trying to see if it was a claim bot or if it was legitimate.

It's funny that despite in house exclusives by Sony, MS and Nintendo its always 3rd party exclusives that shape the discussion around a console. Bayo 2 made WiiU a talking point, Tom Raider/TF for Xbox and SF5 for PS4.

I think it's because 1st party games are expected whereas 3rd party exclusives are not. I remember that there was a thread arguing that 3rd party exclusive were a thing of the past, would be great if I could find it.

yea it's fucked up

fuck off Capcom with that shit

What the hell, Capcom even sent him the PR for the announcement and all the assets. Then they go and copyright claim his video.

This has to be Youtube's ID Claim Bot fucking up.

I assume by calling a rant, he wasn't pleased about the exclusivity? Would be shady if Capcom is trying to clamp down on people who are upset/angry with it being exclusive.

Although I doubt even Capcom would stoop to such levels to curb criticism.

Maximo

Nah Capcom is notorious for being Pricks for ID Claims they like to Control what goes on Youtube in regards to their IPs. I believe Total Biscuit Refuses to Do ANY Videos in Regards to Capcom due to how aggressive they are with their ID Claims.
Edit: Or Am I thinking of Sega =/

Yeah I would be surprised given the history of SF turning on all sorts. And if there was a permanent number lockdown there's always the Namco sequel clause.

system11

The only thing that annoys me is the term "console exclusive".

I mean, I understand it and all. But I've got another term for things that come out on multiple platforms, "not exclusive". It's just marketing and it is silly.

That aside, I generally like what is going on here and am really looking forward to cross play from my PC.

I think the term is fine, a lot of console players do not play games on PC - if a title is coming to PC and PS4 it's the same as an exclusive to me. There is literally zero chance I would play it on a PC, but a non-zero chance I might buy an Xbox One.

kasane

Just like Ono said 4 years ago that SFIV would never get an Ultra edition?

An iteration of SFV is likely to be available on Xbox One.

the denial is strong with everybody

that said we really have no fucking idea if its gonna happen

and you seriously think sony isn't covering their bases? seriously

MavFan619

Banned
I kinda think Killer Instinct had a little bit to do with Street Fighter coming so early and then going exclusive. MS kinda forced Capcom's hand. Capcom has to maintain market share they don't want a repeat of 1998.
KI was never a threat to Capcom's fighting games. In fact KI is more akin to something like Skullgirls very small community though dedicated.

LowParry

I'm on the opposite end. I don't think we're going to see any SFV for XBO. The message has been pretty strong that it isn't.

Omega

Banned
Is that boxart real? With that and Bloodborne, is "main character in a badass pose against a white background" going to be the theme for this gen? I guess it's kind of better than blue/orange...

I don't think so. In that case, Sony did not fund the development of the game. So it's logical to assume that the deal includes the exclusivity of SF5 and all its possible updated versions.

Squire

Banned
Given that Ono said he had no budget and staff last year for SF5 and a Ultra SF4 port for current gen and Capcom's financial state its very possible Sony is funding it.
Then why the hell did they agree for it to be on PC? Genuinely curious. There may be less PC gamers than XB1 ones, but they most definitely exist.

PCs are not in my purview. I don't really consider PCs to be the home of gaming; consoles are. And in the world of consoles, the PS4 is where games will fulfill their most potential.

PS4 is for gaming, PCs are for sending emails and writing reports and doing some online shopping.

PS4 is for playing SFV, PC is for talking about it on NeoGAF.

ftv0jz2.gif

Top Bottom