• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Mega Man, Roll, Robot, and other costumes are on the way

Shin

Banned
A whole bunch of new looks are coming to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. Some of these new costumes are paid, like the Mega Man and Roll outfits. Others will appear in Extra Battle or Fighting Chance. But all of them will be arriving in February and March 2019.

The Mega Man series costumes will be $3.99 each. Ryu can dress up like classic Mega Man. Sakura, on the other hand, gets a Roll Caskett outfit, adding a little Mega Man Legends to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. These will be released on February 26, 2019.

A Red Earth costume will be appearing soon too! Alex will be able to dress up as Red Earth‘s Leo, complete with the “Leo’s Theme” song. The outfit and song will be Extra Battle rewards. Those will be available starting March 15, 2019.

The other outfits are unusual, but aren’t connected to other games. On February 26, 2019, Zangief gets a The Gief Fighting Chance costume people can earn. Also, the Extra Battle Mech costumes are back. People can either earn them in Extra Battle starting on February 22, 2019, or they can spend $9.99 to get the limited Robot Bundle that includes the Cyberbots Jin Saotome costume for Ryu, the Cyberbots song, and the Extra Battle’s Mech Abigail, Mech F.A.N.G., Mech Juri, and Mech Zangief outfits.

Credit: Siliconera [lots of screenshots]

Nymphae

Banned
They have a mega man costume in Extra Battle right now, for Balrog I think? One of the mega man bosses.

I couldn't care less about these costumes, kind of hoping we see some news about new Season 4 characters soon.

Shin

Banned
They should have gone with for shits and giggles...

ea08890df43c5f680d69e359f073a175.jpg

Nymphae

Banned
I really want them to go back to 2D animation for SF6. Arksys still manages to produce great looking 2D games.

SSF2T HD Remix looked really odd though. I've been playing a bit of that lately and something about it just doesn't work....everything is drawn so well but it feels off, can't put my finger on why, maybe it's because there aren't enough frames of animation or something.

Barnabot

I found that pretty meh imo. Btw is the weekly FM mission gone ? I meant the ones which could pay you 2500 FM (formely 5000 FM)?

Zephir

They don't want to make a new MegaMan Legends but MY GOD they put it EVERYWHERE

It's like a middle-finger through time and space

I found that pretty meh imo. Btw is the weekly FM mission gone ? I meant the ones which could pay you 2500 FM (formely 5000 FM)?

Yeah they completely eliminated any method of getting a decent payout. Once a month a Gold Soldier worth 2500fm will appear in Extra Battle(Though that has a 500fm opt in) but that's pretty much it.

If you've been playing this game for awhile then eventually your only recourse is to earn a couple hundred from the weekly and then grind wins like there's no tomorrow.

I really want them to go back to 2D animation for SF6. Arksys still manages to produce great looking 2D games.

SSF2T HD Remix looked really odd though. I've been playing a bit of that lately and something about it just doesn't work....everything is drawn so well but it feels off, can't put my finger on why, maybe it's because there aren't enough frames of animation or something.

Capcom still has a "too expensive" stance on high-end 2d. :messenger_sad_relieved:

HDRemix is pretty much the exact frames from ST(Remix mode does alter some of these though) but it's sorta a trace job gone wrong. The art style doesn't mesh well with the frames and proportions of the original sprites and there's weird corner cutting involved after they aborted the original, more detailed, sprites they intended(There used to be screens of these floating around).

Nymphae

Banned

I played it last weekend for 2500 FM, but you could only play it once instead of 3 times, and I'm pretty sure they've lowered the frequency with which it returns in the event rotation.

Barnabot

I played it last weekend for 2500 FM, but you could only play it once instead of 3 times, and I'm pretty sure they've lowered the frequency with which it returns in the event rotation.
Wat. What did you mean by "but you could only play it once instead of 3 times ". I thought that was a event thing which rotated every week (meaning I could earn 2500 FM 4 times a month).

Nymphae

Banned
Wat. What did you mean by "but you could only play it once instead of 3 times ". I thought that was a event thing which rotated every week (meaning I could earn 2500 FM 4 times a month).

Whenever that event popped up, you could replay it 3 times in a row, to get 2500 FM x3. Then the option would grey out and you'd have to wait until the event came back into rotation.

Now, I think it appears as an extra battle less frequently, and when it appears, you can only get 2500 FM off of it once.

Top Bottom