• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT40002| it's been a Guile, but Urien for a wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Do we have an official time of when the update is live? I'm on the East Coast so if it launches at midnight I'm totally playing then.
t1467356400z4.png

ajb1888

Banned
I long for the day where we can have a SFV thread on Gaming that doesn't have 20 shitty hit-n-run drive-by posts.

Blame Capcom. The barebones launch of the game will forever taint SFV's legacy.

That said, I'm a SF fan and I'm looking forward to playing this story mode! Props to this being a free update! Hope Juri survives the story <3

Any tips on playing charge characters on a stick? Ive never really played any charge characters, and i think i want to learn balrog since i usually like boxers in fighting games, Steve Fox, Akihiko etc. Any tips for someone new to charge characters?

Edzi

Any tips on playing charge characters on a stick? Ive never really played any charge characters, and i think i want to learn balrog since i usually like boxers in fighting games, Steve Fox, Akihiko etc. Any tips for someone new to charge characters?

Get used to always defaulting to back/down back on the stick, after anything and everything you do. It took me a while to get used to doing this after jumps especially.

Always start charging down back after everything. Anytime you dash forward immediately start charging. When you jump in immediately start charging. If you aren't charging you should be.

If you wanna use Guile be sure to use moves like his stand lk hop to move forward while holding charge

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

all your dashes are now >><

Xeteh

Like others have said, get in to the habit of holding down+back as much as possible. The charge starts the instant you're holding a direction so if you jump in as soon as you're in the air you should be holding back/downback.

Kikirin

Get used to always defaulting to back/down back on the stick, after anything and everything you do. It took me a while to get used to doing this after jumps especially.

Do this. Right after inputting your jump / normal on the controller, before anything even comes out on the screen - back / down back. Your character doesn't even need to be in neutral for the charge to start - it starts the moment you hit back / down back on your controller and is ready once it's held for a certain amount of time. So you can "hide" your charging during animations where your movement or control of the character is locked.

With that said, it's pretty easy to fall into the bad habit of always trying to ready charge, even when it isn't appropriate. I find that I tend to be less mobile and get hit by more overheads when playing charge characters.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
With that said, it's pretty easy to fall into the bad habit of always trying to ready charge, even when it isn't appropriate. I find that I tend to be less mobile and get hit by more overheads when playing charge characters.

Yes!! This is super important. Don't always charge to the point of immobility/predictability. If you do, be prepared to be overwhelmed.

Edzi

&#12302;Inaba Resident&#12303;;208792984 said:
https://twitter.com/ElSuperbeasto_/status/748591527660818432

Always thought Ken's face was only weird at character select, but did they improve it?
I can't really tell. Looks the same to me. probably just the angle

He does look much better in game than he does in the awkward character select angle/pose, so I'm not sure if that's new. Would be awesome to see them actively improving the models though.

Shadoken

She's so confirmed for S2...

She is also an easy to reskin model from Cammy Soooo.... I mean Its like saying Evil Ryu is confirmed or something.

Also I hope we dont get any model swaps at least till S3 or S4. SF4 Console (Season 1 technically) and Super SF4 (S2) didnt have any model swap characters.

Yeah I agree with Neoxon. Lighting looks different for some reason but the animations probably make his face look ok, unlike the select screen which is nasty.

Edzi

CmONPmNWIAEQKan.jpg

Another shot of Ken's new face(?)

Hmm, this one looks the same to me. Ken has always looked fine outside of the hideous char select screen pose so it's really hard to tell until we see it from that angle. Just one more thing to check out at midnight I suppose.

It's funny how much more this angle (new face?) reminds me of his 3rd strike art.

Ken_Master

Neo Member
And full Kunai stock. And probably corner only with the second bomb so yeah lol.

Hard to tell from this gif if the second Bomb can't hit since both Ryu and the Bomb hit the corner, but for the last EX command grab it definitly needs to be a corner combo (or maybe an EX dash before it?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom