• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This year, we're returning to the same venue 1 year later to celebrate both the release of Lupe's highly anticipated album, DROGAS Light, the Capcom Pro Tour and Street Fighter V Season 2's newest character, coming later this month. Stay tuned for more details next week regarding the newest character."
Nice. I was wondering if they'd have anything at Winter Brawl 11, but I'll gladly take this. I'm not expecting it, but it would also be cool if they dropped information on the promised server update. Assuming that the Google Translate of that CFN post was correct, then that info should coming soon as well.

At first it was desperation.

Now, it's taste.

I don't know who I am anymore.
Are we going to have to arrange an intervention at some point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujqM2u-BVo

Ucchedavāda;229509576 said:
Nice. I was wondering if they'd have anything at Winter Brawl 11, but I'll gladly take this. I'm not expecting it, but it would also be cool if they dropped information on the promised server update. Assuming that the Google Translate of that CFN post was correct, then that info should coming soon as well.

Are we going to have to arrange an intervention at some point?

I don't know. Do you want Capcom to communicate better or not?

ElFly

Have you seen Necalli?

I feel it is not as bad as it is his hair that shines and he doesn't hit you with the hair; as he goes super saiyan the hair floats off the way above him

meanwhile with akuma you are hitting and being hit by a shining mass

Kinda weird seeing Capcom promote an event with "Drogas" in it's name.

Winners don't use drugs....they use drogas pinche cabrones!

MrCarter

Capcom & Lupe Fiasco are doing an event on February 15th to celebrate the beginning of the 2017 CPT season.

ed041ddc2063d17800950b2a562dd086.jpg

The newest Season 2 character is likely to be revealed here, or he/she may already be revealed by then.

There's your communication. Didn't think it would be this soon until we saw a new character, very excited to see thier play style.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I see a lot of people teabagging now that really look like idiots because of it. Like, atleast commit to a taunt.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't mind taunts, but if you're teabagging from fullscreen without any risk involved and then lose 2-0 or 2-1 to me, you just look like an idiot.

24hr

4th day playing, and I just can't seem to string combos together. Is it just a matter of playing and playing?

Pompadour

There's your communication. Didn't think it would be this soon until we saw a new character, very excited to see thier play style.

Feb. 16th is the one year anniversary of SFV so I always figured we'd get a big update then. If this event gives us a sizeable amount of details on S2 then I'll consider Capcom going incommunicado throughout January a smart strategy. The biggest hype SFV had after launch was the torrent of info we got for the 7/1 update.

Pompadour

4th day playing, and I just can't seem to string combos together. Is it just a matter of playing and playing?

That depends if you're attempting combos that are possible. Although most combos work the same as Season 1, Season 2 did change some move properties which can prevent old combos from working.

Regardless, this game has an input buffer so a solid strategy is to do button presses a little earlier. Too late won't work but too early can.

ElFly

I really don't mind taunts, but if you're teabagging from fullscreen without any risk involved and then lose 2-0 or 2-1 to me, you just look like an idiot.

teabagging is stupid if you ain't doing it to the face of the opponent

I mean, what are they doing? tele-teabagging?

Tell me about it, man. Whenever I see people complaining about DLC coming to fighters, I just cry and say I wish SC had half of what other fighters get. :/

lol are you talking about Soul Calibur? I was talking about South Carolina.

When's Soul Calibur 6? ;_;

LordKasual

Banned
After switching from Karin to Laura and finally back to Karin just because, i've now played enough consecutive ranked to reach gold. Barring a few matchups that i just don't know how to approach, the players are still pretty simple down here compared to the local players i fight.

So I feel like i should be good on climbing up until at least Ultra Gold. I just can't understand why I would pick up Laura when she's "bad" and then drop her for my old main when she becomes top-tier.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

I don't mind any of it tbh. 9/10 times those people are just signaling mental fragility and crack hard as fuck as soon as they're pressured.

Sayad

It's just a matter of building up muscle memory, if you're new to this type of fighting games, then that's normal.

stn

The average combo in SFV is quite easy, just a matter of time before you get it. Make sure you're using normals and specials that can actually be cancelled. Which character are you currently using?

Yeah. Had the same problem when playing this because I haven't played a fighting game in like 5 years. Simple special cancel combos like crouching mk into hadoken is stuff you should focus on depending on your character. For links, you have to press the button after the end of the animation for the previous attack.

Are they teabagging or just those players rolling constant fireball/srk inputs waiting for you to do something.

mbpm1

I stomp on someone for 3 straight rounds and then they hit me once, get a knockdown and teabag.

Like, okay, who are you fooling? lol

The thing I don't get online is this, when I get into a match and it's too much rollback to play I just walk forward to give up the game so they can kill me and get it over with fast. Sometimes these guys start taunting and teabagging like they are offended and don't kill me.

I'm like what, why so aggro. When people start just walking forward into me, I assume they just want the match over for whatever reason (mostly likely I assume is roll back on their side), and I kill them quick to get it over with.

Actually, I've given alot of games away like this, haha.

Pompadour

The thing I don't get online is this, when I get into a match and it's too much rollback to play I just walk forward to give up the game so they can kill me and get it over with fast. Sometimes these guys start taunting and teabagging like they are offended.

I'm like what, why so aggro. When people start just walking forward into me, I assume they just want the match over for whatever reason (mostly likely I assume is roll back on their side), and I kill them quick to get it over with.

Actually, I've given alot of games away like this, haha.

If it's heavy on rollback I just go dumb. 1) That strategy works in heavy rollback matches and 2) if it doesn't then the match just ends quicker.

I wish if the game detected heavy rollback it would just turn both players into Ken to speed things up.

LordKasual

Banned
Many of you are approaching taunting/teabagging so wrong. The whole purpose is to put you on tilt.

If you're offended, then it's 100% working as intended. Reading into it just helps you lose the match.

With teabagging it's even worse because it isn't an actual state in the game, so they can teabag you without compromising anything.

I'd be much more tilted if someone actually took the risk of taunting as compared to just teabagging which is practically meaningless.

And teabagging is mainly an american thing.

LordKasual

Banned
I'd be much more tilted if someone actually took the risk of taunting as compared to just teabagging which is practically meaningless.

And teabagging is mainly an american thing.

It's quite literally the same thing

at least, the intended effect is. "wow really???" "How dare you?!" "this asshole" "This guy has the nerve to teabag/taunt me, i'm gonna beat his ass"

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Many of you are approaching taunting/teabagging so wrong. The whole purpose is to put you on tilt.

If you're offended, then it's 100% working as intended. Reading into it just helps you lose the match.

With teabagging it's even worse because it isn't an actual state in the game, so they can teabag you without compromising anything.
I get all that and this can absolutely work, but if you're losing you just look like this:
QlAwObw.gif

Especially with completely risk-free teabag.

mbpm1

I know this, but it's just lol either way

Teabagging from a position of weakness doesn't work

Mizerman

I wake up everyday and do the usual routine.

• Brush my teeth.
  • Pray for a new Bloody Roar.
  • Take a shower.
  • Remember the state Konami is in.
  • Wear my clothes.
  • Mutter "Fuck Konami"
  • Start my day.

Man, I remember that troll announcement about Bloody Roar 5. That deflated me when it wasn't true.

SSReborn

Oh wow I just noticed the new thread was wondering why I stopped seeing the other one update.

• Brush my teeth.
  • Take a shower.
  • Wear my clothes.
  • Mutter "Fuck Konami"
  • Start my day.
I swear Konami will never do anything with the IP either, so frustrating.

MrCarter

• Brush my teeth.
  • Take a shower.
  • Wear my clothes.
  • Mutter "Fuck Konami"
  • Start my day.

Bloody Roar 2 was the best one in my opinion. Jenny the Bat was my girl.

Bloody Roar 2 was the best one in my opinion. Jenny the Bat was my girl.
My man!!

My brother always liked Jenny, I loved playing as Shina. Also enjoyed some good ol' fashioned Long. I still remember his dope ass combo that cancels into his grab (the one where he punched you a million times) and removes your beast form.

Running from full screen away towards the enemy and cancelling into beast form was one of the hypest things in fighting games ever IMO.

MrCarter

My man!!

My brother always liked Jenny, I loved playing as Shina. Also enjoyed some good ol' fashioned Long. I still remember his dope ass combo that cancels into his grab (the one where he punched you a million times) and removes your beast form.

Running from full screen away towards the enemy and cancelling into beast form was one of the hypest things in fighting games ever IMO.

This game was ahead of its time I tell you. When I first went round to my uncle's house to see this game he showed me Jenny's super (the aerial one) and it completely mesmerised me - such beautiful and fluid 3D animation. I was hooked since.

This game was ahead of its time I tell you. When I first went round to my uncle's house to see this game he showed me Jenny's super (the aerial one) and it completely mesmerised me - such beautiful and fluid 3D animation. I was hooked since.

I agree 100%. Great animations, every character had such charm and personality to them. Bloody Roar 3 was great too but BR4 went a bit too anime and just didn't have that "IT" factor that BR2 had.

The graphics/effects STILL hold up to this day. Music was surprisingly decent too.

MrCarter

I agree 100%. Great animations, every character had such charm and personality to them. Bloody Roar 3 was great too but BR4 went a bit too anime and just didn't have that "IT" factor that BR2 had.

The graphics/effects STILL hold up to this day. Music was surprisingly decent too.

Ah haven't played 3, might have to pick that up somewhere. Yeah I didn't hear good things about BR4, also what about Primal Rage, any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom