• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Probably this with maybe some updates on costumes and stages.

I'm curious if they'll do a Spring seasonal DLC release since there's themed DLC for all the other seasons (Halloween/Fall, Christmas/Winter, Summer/Vacation). Not sure what "Spring" DLC would look like, though. Gill DLC for Easter?
No existing characters in Season 2 aside from Akuma, remember? That is, unless they have a surprise 30th Anniversary character pack up their sleeve.

Pompadour

No existing characters in Season 2 aside from Akuma, remember? That is, unless they have a surprise 30th Anniversary character pack up their sleeve.

I know, I just wanted to make a
colorswap.php
joke.

Ryce

Speaking of Gill, would you guys like to see free/discounted "clone" characters to bump up the roster count, or would you prefer that the roster remain composed entirely of unique characters? These characters would hypothetically have unique V-moves and CAs and some unique normals and specials, like Evil Ryu, Oni, and Decapre in the previous entry.

I personally really want to play as Gill. I imagine his V-Skill would buff his elemental specials (Cryokinesis/Pyrokinesis and Cyber Lariat), his V-Trigger would be Meteor Strike, and his Critical Art would be Seraphic Wing.

I'd also really like to see Mech-Zangief. He'd have his Vodka Fire special from the Vs. series, a Banishing Flat that uses the energy blaster on the palm of his hand, and a rocket hover/stomp. He could even have a goofy Cossack Kick attack. He'd be more of a Jack/Sentinel style tank than a grappler.

Pompadour

Great pick for the 30th anniversary since he was in OG SF1

Hey folks, we're happy to announce Sagat!

April Fool's

Sagat doesn't have blonde hair so he won't be the 30th Anniversary character. So it's down to Joe or Eagle.

All joking aside, I definitely want Eagle.

Speaking of Gill, would you guys like to see free/discounted "clone" characters to bump up the roster count, or would you prefer that the roster remain composed entirely of unique characters? These characters would hypothetically have unique V-moves and CAs and some unique normals and specials, like Evil Ryu, Oni, and Decapre in the previous entry.

I personally really want to play as Gill. I imagine his V-Skill would buff his elemental specials (Cryokinesis/Pyrokinesis and Cyber Lariat), his V-Trigger would be Meteor Strike, and his Critical Art would be Seraphic Wing.

I'd also really like to see Mech-Zangief. He'd have his Vodka Fire special from the Vs. series, a Banishing Flat that uses the energy blaster on the palm of his hand, and a rocket hover/stomp. He could even have a goofy Cossack Kick attack. He'd be more of a Jack/Sentinel style tank than a grappler.

If every season had a 7th character that was partial clone a la Ken then I'd be all for it. I'd prefer to keep them out of the base seasons because I appreciate the character variety in SFV.

Neoxon

I came across this on Reddit saying that it's a preview of the WonderCon Street Fighter panel.

J6JNpGN.png

Does anyone know where this photo originally came from?

Dunno how Gill fits into the "clone" category, but why not? He'd be a pretty unique addition to the cast.

I came across this on Reddit saying that it's a preview of the WonderCon Street Fighter panel.

J6JNpGN.png

Probably fake. The Alpha series would take a huge overhaul to be remotely competitive again so I doubt they'd name it that and rebalance it. Plus, the person who made it is on a new account, so I doubt it's legit.

Tomorrow is just gonna be Ibuki/Alex costumes, SF2 Bison stage, and a preview of the new character/super vague hint. I don't expect much else tbh.

MCD250

J6JNpGN.png

Even though this is probably fake as hell I can't deny that I would buy the fuuuuuuuuuck out of this.

ElFly

Probably fake. The Alpha series would take a huge overhaul to be remotely competitive again so I doubt they'd name it that and rebalance it. Plus, the person who made it is on a new account, so I doubt it's legit.

Tomorrow is just gonna be Ibuki/Alex costumes, SF2 Bison stage, and a preview of the new character/super vague hint. I don't expect much else tbh.

how to make Alpha 2 competitive:

-Make CC take full bar
-Make Alpha counters non fatal
-Make a couple of Chun crouching moves - on block, make Rose cMP more - on block, or something
-maybe buff Birdie/Gen/Dan

there, competitive game

farisr

So what's up with this week's single 300fm mission? I don't keep up with the announcements, is this a temp thing or is this really what they're going to be offering each time now?

Pompadour

So what's up with this week's single 300fm mission? I don't keep up with the announcements, is this a temp thing or is this really what they're going to be offering each time now?

No one knows. Some suspect it's because Eleague gave out 8000+ FM this week.

Marvel

could never
Forgot how fun Urien is to use, especially his Aegis reflector. Was impressed by Ryan Hart's last night.

I better learn some set-ups.

Bigg_Oggy

No one knows. Some suspect it's because Eleague gave out 8000+ FM this week.
Maybe they should've had an announcement when you start up street fighter that people (on ps4) could earn fight money by watching eleague. I only knew about it, because it was posted in this thread.

Edit: kinda lame this was only for ps4 players though

how to make Alpha 2 competitive:

-Make CC take full bar
-Make Alpha counters non fatal
-Make a couple of Chun crouching moves - on block, make Rose cMP more - on block, or something
-maybe buff Birdie/Gen/Dan

there, competitive game

Probably a way to stop infinites as well.

Oh, and buff Guile in Alpha 3. Man that was some bullshit.

Xeteh

Don't forget Arika is the type of company to make this

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29232416&postcount=48

and do nothing with it

Well, that's still an order of (several) magnitudes less work because it's just screenshots, I could probably produce the same stuff in 3-4 weeks, the lead artist at arika could prolly shit those out in 1-2 weeks.

Edit, I see you linked to a video now, yeah that would take more work, but still not on the level on the current demo.

Uhhhhhhh according to that tweet I posted, it's a real game and will be playable. As to how real of a game it is or what system, that's unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom