• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

"Akuma is only the start of season 2," Street Fighter 5's director, Takayuki Nakayama, said through a translator. "The other 5 characters will be brand new to the Street Fighter universe," he added.

If he meant playable, he would have said so. Brand new to the street fighter ROSTER would imply they've never been playable, street fighter UNIVERSE implies they've never even shown up in any other mainline street fighter.

I guess in that sense Helen is new to the SF universe. Also, sometimes things get lost in translation from Japanese to English so he could be saying new to the "roster". We'll see tommorow anyway.

Ryce

"Akuma is only the start of season 2," Street Fighter 5's director, Takayuki Nakayama, said through a translator. "The other 5 characters will be brand new to the Street Fighter universe," he added.

If he meant playable, he would have said so. Brand new to the street fighter ROSTER would imply they've never been playable, street fighter UNIVERSE implies they've never even shown up in any other mainline street fighter.
The quote is open to interpretation. It's a translation done on the fly. Japanese speakers on other forums say that Nakayama didn't even use the word "universe" in his speech.

The quote is open to interpretation. It's a translation done on the fly. Japanese speakers on other forums say that Nakayama didn't even use the word "universe" in his speech.
Fair enough, I'm basing my take off of the translation and if that's inaccurate then my speculation will be kinda pointless lol.

I'd love for all 4 of the characters to be completely new and not have Azam or Ed among them.

vulva

Fair enough, I'm basing my take off of the translation and if that's inaccurate then my speculation will be kinda pointless lol.

I'd love for all 4 of the characters to be completely new and not have Azam or Ed among them.

you're seeming real "the patterns" right now tbh

Hopefully with this reveal everyone will chill out a bit. Its ice to see Capcom communicating especially after this long freeze of information.

Mizerman

Hopefully with this reveal everyone will chill out a bit. Its ice to see Capcom communicating especially after this long freeze of information.

Thumbs-Down.gif

kirblar

"Helen" was always Kolin. She didn't exist pre-SFV story mode, and the name change was to hide the link to SF3/Gill.

Given that the final character strongly appears to be SF EX's Garuda, the "never playable in a mainline SF game" interpretation seems like the one to go with.

Lulubop

"Helen" was always Kolin. She didn't exist pre-SFV story mode, and the name change was to hide the link to SF3/Gill.

Given that the final character strongly appears to be SF EX's Garuda, the "never playable in a mainline SF game" interpretation seems like the one to go with.

He never said mainline, Gaurda was def playable in a SF game.

Sub-Zero ice powers, Cassie Cage sky missiles, no normals with less than a 6 frame start up. Maybe she's a pure charge character so she doesn't have any diagonal inputs. SF vs MK is here.

Lulubop

SF EX is a side series. It's like considering XMen vs SF a SF game.

Not even, it's the street fighters vs the Xmen as in too already established groups going at it.

SF ex is a SF game. Also the wording is vague and dude never said oh I only Mainline series guys.

Lulubop

SF EX was not made by Capcom.

Ok bro. Garuda and Iori are not characters in this season, and you need to stop thinking so hard when he said previously not in the universe. When I think SF, ex is definitely a series I think of. They even have their own bios on that site.

Shadoken

Mainline
SF1,Zero,2,3,4,5

Spin offs
SF EX,SF The movie,Pocket Fighter,CFJ

Street fighter EX was more or less Capcom Vs Arika. Capcom didn't make the game and they dont even own the EX chars.
That said , it is still a SF game so I dont think we are going to get EX characters this season. But who knows if the "Never before Playable" line by Capcom even holds some weight.

Maybe to gather balance opinions?

But I thought they get their balance opinions from Eventhubs tier lists. Season 2 seems like it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229967532]You guys are being way too pedantic. The characters are gonna be whatever Capcom wants them to be.[/QUOTE]

Ingrid and Sakura confirmed.

Skilletor

We already have Dhalsim and Ken.

I wouldn't classify them as "fire" characters in the same way that Kholin/Helen is an "ice" character. She's thematically ice, I mean. From her outfit and, apparently, her abilities.

If that makes sense.

Like, there are characters that can use fire and ice in Samsho, but Kazuki and Sogetsu Kazama are Fire/Water (Ice) characters.

Edzi

I hope Helen is actually called Kolin in the game and that she's fun to play. If she's actually a decent mid/long range character, I might pick her up as a secondary alongside Alex. Hopefully the leak about her having rekkas is true too.

Watch Helen and Kolin are actually two different people, and Kolin was just disguised as her or something.

That would be some Metal Gear shit.

Skilletor

I hope Helen is actually called Kolin in the game and that she's fun to play. If she's actually a decent mid/long range character, I might pick her up as a secondary alongside Alex. Hopefully the leak about her having rekkas is true too.

I'm committed to only playing the new characters as they come out for this season.

I don't know what that means for EVO practice, but fuck it. We're doing it live.

Pachinko

tumblr_l740ncv5eY1qzpvnuo1_400.gif

Cough ....

So how mad would everyone be if the last character WAS just violent Ken ?

Also seeing that second silhouette blown up there makes it look like a new boxer type , maybe they're replacing Dudley ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom