• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

If it's another story mode character, I won't buy the next season pass unless they tell us the characters beforehand.
I'm curious as to what's inherently wrong with a character first appearing in story mode. It's not any easier or "lazier" to make Byron playable over someone who doesn't appear in the story.

Village

Byron is some A-team 'murica type deal, he might be my main if he plays decent.

If he's a rekka's he's going strait in the garbage.

Yo

What if the next character is ed, and we were all wrong

Skilletor

I'm curious as to what's inherently wrong with a character first appearing in story mode. It's not any easier or "lazier" to make Byron playable over someone who doesn't appear in the story.

Because I wanted actual new designs. I want new characters for SF, not characters that have been around for decades, but oh, hey, now we're going to fight.

Blueblur1

I would say that the remaining new characters from story mode are not appealing. Personally, there are a wealth of Final Fight characters or background SF characters that I would prefer over Byron and the other story mode characters.

(Well, except Decape. I really like Decapre and wouldn't mind seeing her in the game.)

Village

Because I wanted actual new designs. I want new characters for SF, not characters that have been around for decades, but oh, hey, now we're going to fight.

Technically speakig Byron is new if its him

And Helena now Kolin, is a new design, and her old design is an outfit.

The dolls , not so much

As long as he isn't as slow as Marduk
I had to remove him from my team with King because they made him a tank

Marduk was pretty ass, but King was fun. Man, I kinda want to play some SFxT.

Also, I don't inherently mind a story mode character. I just want them to pick something super crazy like Abigal.

Numb

Marduk was pretty ass, but King was fun. Man, I kinda want to play some SFxT.

Also, I don't inherently mind a story mode character. I just want them to pick something super crazy like Abigal.

Coming from Tekken and having hopkicks as part of the combo was pretty hype

----

Story mode characters are one thing but Capcom has an amazing legacy of games they could take characters from who have never been in a Street Fighter

Saturday Night Slam Masters characters for example

Numb

They already had the fortitude to buy a digital loot crate of mystery characters, so I think they can handle some scheduling variations.

pretty much

suckers!

They already had the fortitude to buy a digital loot crate of mystery characters, so I think they can handle some scheduling variations.
That's kinda true.

Though mark my words, I am not buying anymore season passes or any DLC* for this game until they fix their shit.

*If it's a cool costume for F.A.N.G or Birdie or Kolin then I might buy it.

myco666

That's kinda true.

Though mark my words, I am not buying anymore season passes or any DLC* for this game until they fix their shit.

*If it's a cool costume for F.A.N.G or Birdie or Kolin then I might buy it.

What if the season 3 is named "Family of Honda"?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
No, it means that, lets say I have a build where the CFN Update & the new character are going to be launched in, and the CFN Update runs into issues and needs to be worked on more. Because the new character was part of that build, it becomes increasingly challenging to just spin out the new character from the CFN Update, rather than just launching the build they are both being worked on when they're ready.

Won't be June. Character 4 should be launching in June still, however.

Oh great oracle, will Ken ever receive an alt costume that does not induce vomiting?

His story costume plus mods

If we bring mods into the equation then naturally SF5 has some of the best costumes ever.

But we shouldn't cause Capcom should give us dope costumes themselves and not have people doing this shit in their freetime do a better job than some of their artists.

mooncakes

Feeling what? They're still getting all the content that was promised them this year. The character release time-table wasn't even known when the Character Pass 2017 went on sale. And while its unfortunate that its getting pushed to May, its not like the rest of the character time-table has changed as a result.

As a player of the game, i'm more alleviated that Capcom isn't going to release something in a sub-par state, especially when its something as vital to the game as the CFN/Netcode implementation.

I dont want to be blunt about it but If I were to buy the S2 pass, I would be feeling stupid and frustrated right now.

Paying 30$ blindly for contents without knowing exactly what day your getting after 4-5 months + All the update delay is icing on the cake.I know we are getting characters but Its like you don't even know how they play. Why would they put money down without knowing exactly what they are getting?

I dont want to be blunt about it but If I were to buy the S2 pass, I would be feeling stupid and frustrated right now.

Paying 30$ blindly for contents without knowing exactly what day your getting after 4-5 months + All the update delay is icing on the cake.I know we are getting characters but Its like you don't even know how they play. Why would they put money down without knowing exactly what they are getting?

Well I can't speak for all of us but my excuse is that I am an idiot.

You know what actually, I'll just speak on behalf of all of us.

Edzi

I don't understand this mentality. I knew I wanted to play all the new characters regardless of who they are, and I'd assume most people who bought it feel the same way. We're still getting all those characters so there's no real reason to be upset over that.

If you bought the season pass hoping for one or two characters you might like, then yeah, you were an idiot regardless of their delays/plans.

I can't stand not having all the characters accessible in a fighting game even if I don't play them. It's a weird thing with me.

If I was gonna buy the characters anyway, at least this way I save a lot of FM plus get a costume for the character that I might end up playing with.

myco666

I WILL FIGHT YOU in street fighter.

No you won't.

I get more trials and story content. Thats enough for me.

Village

If we bring mods into the equation then naturally SF5 has some of the best costumes ever.

But we shouldn't cause Capcom should give us dope costumes themselves and not have people doing this shit in their freetime do a better job than some of their artists.

I only bring mods into it when its minor and most of the costume is great.. like adding shoes to that one, and Adding the gloves from another costume to kolin's story mode costume.

I don't give them credit for say Alex's SF3 costume mod, something that seems like , at this point isn't ever going to happen from capcom officially, because they fucking hate us or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom