• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Birdie has won 2 premiers, mika has been in top 4 for most of the premiers and a laura player is the highest ranked e league player. plz.

Birdie has won two ranking events, not premiers. One had (relatively) low level of competition, the other had decent, but not world class competition. Both Birdies required a backup character to take care of bad matchups (Laura vs. Guile; Bison vs Chun). Birdie is criminally overrated, but that's an argument for another day. I don't expect him to make anymore noise in this year's CPT. If he wins a tournament with actual top Japanese players, I'll be impressed.

Neoxon

I remember Capcom saying they were balancing the game around Ryu , so he should be right in the middle. Funnily enough he was Top in S1 and Bottom in S2 lol.

I hope the CFN delay means more Balance changes. We got the initial list in March , if they are gonna take another 2 months. They should at least take more feedback from the players.
Judging by the blog post, it seems like the balance update & the new character were ready to go, but the CFN update (which the former 2 adiditons were heavily tied to) needed more time.

I feel like Akuma should always have some kind of quirk related to him with the game's systems. I liked how in 3 he was the only character who couldn't use EX moves, as if to suggest he was beyond that. They didn't really carry that into 4.

My theory is he didn't have EX moves because ALL his moves were already EX moves.
giphy.gif

FACE

Banned
Thought this was known. Pretty sure I've read it. Believe his is the only normal upper with invincibility on first frame. All of his tatsus juggle. Etc.

I think Ken's HP DP also has full invul for about 2 frames, but it dissipates when the move becomes active so it trades a lot.

Village

I feel like Akuma should always have some kind of quirk related to him with the game's systems. I liked how in 3 he was the only character who couldn't use EX moves, as if to suggest he was beyond that. They didn't really carry that into 4.

that is his v trigger, and this game takes place before 3 so he's getting there

GGs myco.

It's always so weird when I take Kolin into an actual match, her buttons and general gamestyle just feel foreign to me even after all this time.

I did notice you were dropping some of those CC st.hk combos.

Here's what I usually do.

Press st.hk and HOLD DOWN the heavy kick button:

• If it's blocked, just let it go.
  • If it hits and it's not a CC, then do a st.mp xx medium bullhead. If you're not in range for that to hit, press st.hp. Let the heavy kick button go during the bullhead or during the st.hp as nothing will happen.
  • If it CCs, then dash up xx st.mp xx bullhorn (let go of kick) OR medium bullhead if it's absolute max range. If you do a bullhead, let go of heavy kick during the bullhead.

myco666

Yeah I have been dropping that like crazy. Then again I have been dropping everything for a while. Should just hit training mode and grind those combos. Gonna try those tips next time I do some training.

Village

for all those who care about this, i seem to have encontered a title glitch. Glitch hinges on how reliable the unlock info for titles are, and given the several lack of knolwedge or people who care about such things, it could very well be that.

To keep it simple, you get a title for getting a character to level 30 , didn't happen. Instead i got a title for getting a large amount of wins online with a character, infact the largest amount, skipping the other titles that actually come before that in the unlock levels.

I would assume that the thing unlock info is wrong, but there is a title I know you get with a level 30 character, that I have for other characters. That didn't unlock , at all. So i'm assuming it ssome weird title glitch, because that didn't trigger.

Just something weird that happened

lol that karin placement
Where should Karin be? She's been really strong since S1 and got like zero nerfs. Who's her bad match ups?

That list if pretty accurate to me, I just don't know enough about Kolin to second her placement.

Also, the bottom tier is being generous being called "B" lol

Where should Karin be? She's been really strong since S1 and got like zero nerfs. Who's her bad match ups?

That list if pretty accurate to me, I just don't know enough about Kolin to second her placement.

Karin vs Karin is a 9-1 matchup

The "B" stands for bad

Alchemist

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";234276101]In celebration of the patch delay, here's the new official, inarguable tier list for the end of April:

sdfsdf1pufl.png
[/QUOTE]

Rashid is too low. Kolin way too high.

Alex got a costume?!?!?

But it's not his fucking 3rd Strike one.

Mika got a costume that's pretty generic tbh.

And Chun with another costume.

Little disappointing that the April content is more costumes, but ah, what can you do.

I hate that people base tiers off results. If not for Punk, Fuudo people would be saying Karin and Mika are trash bottom tier..

LakeEarth

Nice to see Alex getting another costume. Looks pretty good too.

BUT CHUN AGAIN!?!? Jesus Christ Capcom! You know there are EIGHT characters in this game that still only have the one premium costume they launched with right?

In case you're wondering: Balrog, Birdie, Dhalsim, FANG, Guile, Bison, Rashid and Urien

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
�� Chun �� gets�� two �� costumes �� Birdie �� gets �� none ��

�� Birdie �� ain't �� got �� no �� job.

edit: fuckin broken ass emojis

on topic: that Alex costume is really good work.

Scotia

Banned
Chun getting another costume actually angers me.

Not even surprised at Alex getting another costume that isn't his 3S one.

Capcom Unity is also down almost immediately after the blog post goes up -_-

I wish they'd bring back the CPT stuff...

at a cheaper price

and as a bundle on PC

My guess is that those costumes are going to return for the next CPT, along with new CPT costumes. And a bundle on PC seems likely, since they did that the last time they had a bundle (Winter). Cheaper prices, though? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom