• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Ed’s Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.

Yeesh, I don't like the sound of that. It's good for diversity though.

myco666

Really need to see how this only buttons for special attacks works. Might be a dealbreaker for me but still really cool idea.

MrCarter

4df569452359ae4ea13cb571db3b10fa.jpg

Hmm that design was no mistake.

Hours Left. Capcom have fully (and I mean fully) catered to you. You can stop requesting swimwear costumes for the guys now lol.

That input style makes it sound like he is going to be SFVs eddie Gordo. Mash to do cool shit. We will see i guess.

Wonder what his normal specials are then. Looks like after air grab he has some anti air that leads into a air dash punch.

Ucchedavāda;236100754 said:
That's an interesting move by Capcom.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the ongoing development of MvC:I, where they have been experimenting on the input.

I think they were talking about having a character with simple inputs before MVCI news dropped.

I don't think it's going to make the character inherently easier to win with though. Seems like he still needs his v-skill setups and such.

Thinking about it, if you like to mash, this character is going to be not for you if the different moves come out for different timings of button presses.

Which means I can't use him :(

Beckx

i am not convinced that "no inputs" means "accessible"

need to see his movelist

why don't they publish movelists with the character

The new characters introduced into sfv are much better than sfiv. Wont main him but looks fun.

Hakan is amazing and needs to return.

Isn't Angel hardish to play?
Yup, definitely one of the harder characters if not the hardest character to play in KoF.

i am not convinced that "no inputs" means "accessible"

need to see his movelist

why don't they publish movelists with the character
Agreed, he could technically be the most complex character in the game to control if they really went nuts with his movelist.

Edzi

He looked like everything I wanted him to be, until I read the control bit... I really wanted him to be a motion character.

I think they were talking about having a character with simple inputs before MVCI news dropped.

I don't think it's going to make the character inherently easier to win with though. Seems like he still needs his v-skill setups and such.

I must have missed (or have forgotten about) that.
I wonder if they'll ever do like NRS, where only cardinals matter (fireball is down, forward). They already have some moves that are charge moves without the charge (Necalli and others in V-Trigger), but no characters that are like that all the time, like in KI.

And I definitely agree that this won't necessarily make the character easier to play. But he might be a lot easier to pick up for a complete beginner, which is not a bad thing, either.

ElFly

he could be still be v easy to play, but you will probably want to reconfig your pad so you can press two kicks or two punches at the same time

wonder if the specific button combination change the move; LP + MP doing something different from LP + HP and MP + HP

guessing no, and that they will go simple with him

he could be still be v easy to play, but you will probably want to reconfig your pad so you can press two kicks or two punches at the same time

wonder if the specific button combination change the move; LP + MP doing something different from LP + HP and MP + HP

guessing no, and that they will go simple with him
Kolin is the first character I started playing with this system, and I found it to be surprisingly easy all things considered. Ed doesn't seem any more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom