• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

>DSP jumps upward into your jumping kick
"WELP I COULDN'T BLOCK????"
>DSP's CR HK gets punished
"I BLAWCKED IT DIDN"T WORK"

no shit dawg...

i still can't believe he got top 4 at evo or w/e with his shitty attitude

----

re: Kolin- I actually love her and think she's my strongest character? I was playing Juri before Kolin though so maybe that's just the feeling of moving from rock bottom to slightly above bottom.
He was actually ranked in the 5k in that video. I don't understand how. He literally looked like a beginner. I'm very confused by this.

Edit: Beta 3 footage. Makes sense now.

MCD250

Folks act scared while playing Punk the same way they acted scared while playing Infiltration last year. It's a big edge for Punk/Infil.

What do you guys think of Cyborg fitting in with the next silhouette?

09_sil01.jpg

latest

Maybe two Shadaloo characters in a row is too crazy though.

MCD250

I think it'd be good if we got like at least one good/nice guy, to change the pace from all the amoral jerks and antiheroes we've been seeing this season.

I don't think it's Garuda. The hair isn't wild enough, the shape of his headgear and armor doesn't match, and his body is not quite large enough. (Garuda has huge biceps.)

TheOGB

Banned
It's obviously not Garuda

It'd be nice, but that's gonna be like Necalli's cousin or something, who is actually threatening (lol) and actually a low-key genius (lmfao)

Ryce

I don't think it's Garuda. The hair isn't wild enough, the shape of his headgear and armor doesn't match, and his body is not quite large enough. (Garuda has huge biceps.)
Hypothetically, if the last character is Garuda he's not going to look exactly like any version of Garuda we've ever seen, so the shape of his armor doesn't really matter. It would be like discounting the first character as Akuma because of the lion mane.

Hypothetically, if the last character is Garuda, he's not going to look exactly like any version of Garuda we've ever seen, so the shape of his armor doesn't really matter. It would be like discounting the first character as Akuma because of the lion mane.
That's true, but the whole face motif of his armor is pretty unique, so I imagine they'd stick with that regardless, even if it doesn't quite match his EX look. I don't see any evidence of that from the silhouette.

And this guy is definitely leaner than Garuda is, who is quite large and muscular. The difference in the arms is enough of a tell for me.

I thought one of the new characters was gonna be from that canceled 3d SF game Capcom Fighting All Stars
If they added D.D., I'd cry tears of joy.

Some people thought #6 looked like Rook/Luke, but I think that's a real stretch. #6 is obviously an Asian inspired dude.

kirblar

That's true, but the whole face motif of his armor is pretty unique, so I imagine they'd stick with that regardless, even if it doesn't quite match his EX look. I don't see any evidence of that from the silhouette.

And this guy is definitely leaner than Garuda is, who is quite large and muscular. The difference in the arms is enough of a tell for me.
The feet match, the crazy mane-hair matches, the character has shoulder pads- we know it can't be Sodom, so it's either Garuda or someone completely new using the exact same silhouette. Which would be weird.

The feet match, the crazy mane-hair matches, the character has shoulder pads- we know it can't be Sodom, so it's either Garuda or someone completely new using the exact same silhouette. Which would be weird.
The hair isn't close enough IMO (particularly in the front), and the feet are not an exact match. Garuda doesn't have any ornamentation on his foot gear in any of his previous looks.

They're similar in that both characters are based on a Samurai archetype, but I don't think that's enough to say it's Garuda.

Ryce

If not a samurai, then what archetype does everyone think the last character might be? Does that silhouette ring any cultural bells? I just can't imagine Capcom creating a brand new samurai character when Sodom and Garuda already exist.

mbpm1

I hope Ed is good, but not as good as top tier. Only as good as necalli, so he receives no nerfs and only random buffs going forward

MCD250

I hope Ed is good, but not as good as top tier. Only as good as necalli, so he receives no nerfs and only random buffs going forward
Make him as strong as Cammy, so he'll be good but free to people who just mindlessly block all match.

P.S. I'm still looking for pics of Urien's new Story and Battle Costume alt colors in thong mode. I haven't been able to find them anywhere yet. :/

I guess this is the link for the Steam beta. Looks like it's available for download at 3pm PDT, according to the SF Twitter.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/593880/Street_Fighter_V_CFN_Beta/

I bought the game on PS4, but I'm going to download the PC beta as well. I've been wanting to get the PC version when it gets cheaper(about $20). I wonder how much better my PC will run SFV. I have a i5 6500, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and a 1050 ti so it's quite a bit more powerful than a standard PS4.

I do also have a PS4 Pro, but it doesn't look like a Pro patch is high on Capcom's priority list unfortunately. It would have been nice to have better graphics and a higher resolution.

Match-up and character usage statistics are up for April.

Here are the changes in usage since March:
Code:
Name     Current  Change
Ryu      11.62%   +0.29%
Akuma    8.82%    +0.09%
Ken      8.04%    +0.70%
Zangief  5.06%    +0.53%
Guile    4.92%    +0.55%
Cammy    4.76%    +0.18%
Urien    4.32%    -0.19%
Karin    4.29%    +0.31%
Kolin    4.20%    -6.04%
Laura    4.09%    +0.38%
M.Bison  4.02%    +0.30%
Balrog   3.92%    +0.28%
Ibuki    3.78%    +0.19%
Nash     3.61%    +0.41%
Necalli  3.29%    +0.36%
Alex     3.27%    +0.29%
Juri     2.90%    +0.25%
Rashid   2.71%    +0.11%
R.Mika   2.67%    +0.19%
Chun-Li  2.43%    +0.33%
Birdie   2.38%    +0.26%
Vega     2.21%    +0.16%
Dhalsim  1.55%    +0.06%
F.A.N.G  1.12%    -0.00%

Basically, it looks like the majority of people who were playing Kolin are now back on their old mains. Except for F.A.N.G players and, surprisingly, Urien players.

Top Bottom