• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Not charge character, but kinda of difficult to maximize damage. Some dirty tricks too are hard to pull off.

But when you do manage to pull them off, you're playing marvel inside SF V.

I am practicing Juri for tournament level and I can give you some help with it. If our connections permit of course.

Thanks :) I'll keep that in mind. Gonna be a while till I can scrounge up the FM though heh

MrCarter

you sure thats from third strike?

Yep.
Download-File

FluxWaveZ

Playing Gief feels like a such a fucking struggle.

Gotta keep in mind that, if a Gief isn't against a Dhalsim, Birdie, and kinda Guile and Nash, the opponent is terrified at all times because everything can go south extremely fast. It takes a special kind of person to be competent with Zangief, though. Like Dhalsim players. If you're not that kind of person, it might be a character you can simply never gel with.

MCD250

Guide to playing Gief:

1) Zen-like patience.

2) Mad reading skills.

3) Confirm off of V-Skill.

4) Buffer 360s and 720s.

5) Folks is terrified of you, breh. Use their fear to your advantage.

vulva

Guide to playing Gief:

1) Zen-like patience.

2) Mad reading skills.

3) Confirm off of V-Skill.

4) Buffer 360s and 720s.

5) Folks is terrified of you, breh. Use their fear to your advantage.

More accurate guide would be:

1) Keep moving forward

2) Sometimes jump in mk, no one can anti air perfectly forever

3) Get a knockdown by converting off the jump in or mashing spd in a string

4) It's your game to lose now, if you fuck up just repeat steps 1-3 again since you only lost like 20% of your health.

Kashiwaba

1) Keep moving forward

4) It's your game to lose now, if you fuck up just repeat steps 1-3 again since you only lost like 20% of your health.

I've yet to run into a good gief in platinum league, they all crumble under Rashid pressure despite it being a match up in gief favor.

Spuck-uk

Banned
They all just work so well for me, I don't need to change my ways! Though tbh, it was the shank and the stomp that got me interested in RAAM. Finding out he has a poison mechanic was just serendipitous.
So on a scale of "Only ever watched DBZ as a kid" to "Regularly does the Naruto-style run" to "Has a female body pillow", where does JoJo fall?

Jojo lies right next to FOTNS and Berserk in the list of Anime it's okay to like. In no way am I biased and have Jojos artwork on my stick.

No moe shit.

Lots of faces getting punched.

Za Warudo.

Pompadour

I thought this game removed 720s for the sake of simplicity.

They kept some of the harder commands for like two moves. I don't play Guile but I feel charge supers are just stupid and should be eradicated.

I'm glad that the 720 is still in, though. There's so many times that Gief gets in with full bar and I realize I'm fucked but then he suddenly jumps backwards and punches the air. I know they're losing their goddamned mind on their end.

Edit: I've also noticed lots of Giefs throwing out the counter. I don't know if they're fucking up the command but since I play Rog I just assume it's the new taunt meta.

In other news, I booted up USFIV again. God that game is still fun.

I wish Poison would make it to SFV. That cr.hp gives me life :(

Jojo lies right next to FOTNS and Berserk in the list of Anime it's okay to like. In no way am I biased and have Jojos artwork on my stick.

No moe shit.

Lots of faces getting punched.

Za Warudo.
tumblr_mbanjbWIh51r8vzdno5_250.gif

MrCarter

BornFree's interview with Sajam. If you go to 49:28 He makes some good points about how SFV addresses a lot of issues with SF4 (especially how stale that game became towards the end) but it possibly added in stuff people don't agree with. Also, his thoughts on the FGC in general, MvCi and DBF etc.

https://youtu.be/4R5XZ4HWjWQ

Urien set-up galore:

HorribleUnselfishBonobo.gif

That BornFree interview also talks about how pigheaded the execs are while the middlemen who get shit on are still driving to correct the game.

Whoa...watching ISDD's stream now, I just noticed Capcom added a "watch replay again" option after you finish watching a replay on CFN.

Before it used to automatically end and go back to cfn when the replay ended...even if you wanted to watch the replay again. Now you can skip lots of loading time if you want to watch one replay again.

Another quietly implemented fix you might not notice if you blink.

Headbutt loops are the new corner tackles. I just wish Urien had the same punchy manic sound clips he used to have. EeeYEUH! KILL! CRUSH! CRUSH! Pitiful SCUM!

Sayad

1) Keep moving forward

Forgot the cr.LP spam.

People who think Gief require a special mind set in SFV must have not played him in S2, he has easier time getting in than in any other mainline SF game, and then it's the same RPS game that's part of SFV core!

Whoa...watching ISDD's stream now, I just noticed Capcom added a "watch replay again" option after you finish watching a replay on CFN.

Before it used to automatically end and go back to cfn when the replay ended...even if you wanted to watch the replay again. Now you can skip lots of loading time if you want to watch one replay again.

Speaking of QOL stuff, a minor but very convenient thing that I hope they eventually add is a costume code toggle in character select, so that you can pick what you want to be their default state. I mean I want my man Urien in a thong but I've just kept to suiting him up out of laziness at this point.

I could have sworn that was already in.

ElFly

They kept some of the harder commands for like two moves. I don't play Guile but I feel charge supers are just stupid and should be eradicated.

I'm glad that the 720 is still in, though. There's so many times that Gief gets in with full bar and I realize I'm fucked but then he suddenly jumps backwards and punches the air. I know they're losing their goddamned mind on their end.

Edit: I've also noticed lots of Giefs throwing out the counter. I don't know if they're fucking up the command but since I play Rog I just assume it's the new taunt meta.

the counter might be a bad input; it is a shoryuken with punch and I've done it when completely fucking up the 720 (!!!!) or other situations

well in the 720 case I was trying to do Gief's last new trial. that shit is fucked

BlitzKeeg

the counter might be a bad input; it is a shoryuken with punch and I've done it when completely fucking up the 720 (!!!!) or other situations

well in the 720 case I was trying to do Gief's last new trial. that shit is fucked

Yeah the counter is so bad that it's a mistake 90% of the time. I've done it intentionally like twice.

I haven't actually seen his new trials. What is the last one?

I could have sworn that was already in.

I'm not sure when they changed it exactly...maybe it was several updates ago. Maybe it was the CFN patch.

But, it definitely wasn't always like that. I remember having to rush to pause replays before they ended so that I wouldn't be forced into the loading screen repeatedly.

I'm not sure when they changed it exactly...maybe it was several updates ago. Maybe it was the CFN patch.

But, it definitely wasn't always like that. I remember having to rush to pause replays before they ended so that I wouldn't be forced into the loading screen repeatedly.

Agreed, this is new. I also remember it being the way you describe.

It's nice that they are addressing these issues, but it is odd that they don't actually advertise it. They are not doing themselves any favors.

Top Bottom