• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Capcom QA, circa 2006: Okay guys, what do you think about SFIV after your testing.

Woshige: Why can't I Roman Cancel in this game?

QA: This isn't Guilty Gear...

Woshige: Then add a harder, shittier RC.

How about eating that anti-air Ultra because you backdashed lol

that clap OS into backbreaker that forced you to sit there and eat it whew

thankfully there was options against this

I played a set against Stormkubo at Canada Cup and lawwwwd the claps. clap/clap/clap reset into wall throw thingy gg

Gotta save something for SDCC! I bet they fell behind and rearranged their plans so that they have a bigger reveal - no pun intended - during SDCC (instead of just revealing another 3 costumes). Supposedly there will be a surprise around E3 or SDCC but E3 went by without anything so who knows if that tease will amount to anything.

Probably.

I think the 30th anniversary will just be a rush of nostalgia costumes plus the character we've been waiting for.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't followed the game super closely recently. Are there any release plans that we know for certain? Like...which month the next DLC character will come out? Feels like I haven't heard much at all.

kirblar

I haven't followed the game super closely recently. Are there any release plans that we know for certain? Like...which month the next DLC character will come out? Feels like I haven't heard much at all.
Of course not.

Capcom JP's insistence on zero communication is a huge issue.

mbpm1

Character is supposed to come out this month

We don't know anything about him

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not.

Capcom JP's insistence on zero communication is a huge issue.
It's a real shame. Remember when they said they would improve communication? It's even more quiet now.

Character is supposed to come out this month

We don't know anything about him
Did they ever really commit to june? I mean, it's june 27th lol

Found the latest blog post from thursday, but that doesn't say anything except that new costumes are coming.

mbpm1

It's a real shame. Remember when they said they would improve communication? It's even more quiet now.

Did they ever really commit to june? I mean, it's june 27th lol

Found the latest blog post from thursday, but that doesn't say anything except that new costumes are coming.
Two month schedule. Believe.

Nah I don't know

But while I'm believing he comes out this month I might as well believe in 2 frame jab right

Skilletor

We have 3 characters in seven months.

Are they going to have all the DLC out in time for CPT? lol. They even had a headstart this year starting in December.

Capcom's slow ass release schedule give my cheap ass time to build FM, with the extra 50k i got from 2.0 update I got Ed and just said fuck it and got Akuma, after spending 200k FM i had just under 6k left, today i am already at 100k, thanks to new trials/demo, character story from Ed/Akuma and survival...All normal survival is done, only 2 hard survival completed, so i got ways to earn FM plus i got the weekly..

Capcom's slow ass release schedule give my cheap ass time to build FM, with the extra 50k i got from 2.0 update I got Ed and just said fuck it and got Akuma, after spending 200k FM i had just under 6k left, today i am already at 100k, thanks to new trials/demo, character story from Ed/Akuma and survival...All normal survival is done, only 2 hard survival completed, so i got ways to earn FM plus i got the weekly..
I'm using my money on stages. Got the Flamenco Tavern, about to get the Bison Temple.

Still procrastinating on the S2 character pass.

ElFly

they are transforming the abigail, menet and zaku models into sagat, sakura and oro respectively

thus the delays

sagat was a grab character, right? hope you like him

they are transforming [menet into sakura]

FG39BTa.gif

EDIT:: Why is The Grid a banned stage for the CPT, again? Shit might be the best level in the game (music-wise).

It's only prohibited on stream, probably because Capcom want to use those streams to advertise SFV. The training stage doesn't exactly look visually interesting to the casual viewer, even if the veteran FG player doesn't mind. Only the Beach and the Skies of Honor stage are actually banned, competitively.

kirblar

The reveal tagline is "This is no Zaku boy, no Zaku!"

EDIT:: Why is The Grid a banned stage for the CPT, again? Shit might be the best level in the game (music-wise).
Cause no one wants to see that shit on stream advertising a function. Also, you can use the grid markers for help w/ spacing - this was a reason some pros would snap-pick training stage in SF4.

Ucchedavāda;241968351 said:
It's only prohibited on stream, probably because Capcom want to use those streams to advertise SFV. The training stage doesn't exactly look visually interesting to the casual viewer, even if the veteran FG player doesn't mind. Only the Beach and the Skies of Honor stage are actually banned, competitively.
Oh okay, so it's still silly but understandable. Beach and SoH are definitely bigger fish to ban.

Still want some shit added for this next big update.

Change Ryu's V-reversal to his donkey kick
Give Ibuki her rekka kicks back and her peasant SF3 ninja outfit

Village

Street fighter character lore question

I know everyone's talking about content, but I wanna talk about series lore.

Ahem, how many characters do and don't have last names. Because its odd some characters, have whole names like Mika nanaka, and Ken Masters , and cody travers.

but then there sagat, who's just... sagat. ( though apparently he's based on a real guy named sagat, so sagat might be his last name ) , or balrog. Who are just... them.

What's the count on full name, to no full name? Guile's last name because of the movie might be williams apparently?

Ahem, how many characters do and don't have last names. Because its odd some characters, have whole names like Mika nanaka, and Ken Masters , and cody travers.

but then there sagat, who's just... sagat. ( though apparently he's based on a real guy named sagat, so sagat might be his last name ) , or balrog. Who are just... them.

What's the count on full name, to no full name? Guile's last name because of the movie might be williams apparently?

Charlie Nash has a full name, since they combined his previous English and Japanese names. Also Edward Honda and Karin Kanzuki.

I shouldn't have bought he season pass. We get screwed over with the promise getting dlc characters that gets delayed. We are so stupid. I didn't need this because I had more than enough FM after getting the characters for free last year.

Meanwhile the CPT bundle seems more worth he value as you get costumes, stage and fight money that by the time the next character is released, you have enough FM to buy the new character.

Meanwhile Tekken 7 season pass. New characters, stages, costumes and game mode.

Village

I didn't know the E standed for ed, interesting. Does ryu have a last name. Does makoto have a last name?

Would Ed's last name be bison? In English, i'm guessing since over in japan his names' just vega... although balrog did raise him... so he could also have the last name bison in japan

William is his first name. Also in the game his nametag says Guile so that's his last name.

Ucchedavāda;241972053 said:
Charlie Nash has a full name, since they combined his previous English and Japanese names. Also Edward Honda and Karin Kanzuki.

Edmund, not Edward

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Not sure what you mean, it's right there:

h0LfH1s.jpg

Skilletor

I shouldn't have bought he season pass. We get screwed over with the promise getting dlc characters that gets delayed. We are so stupid. I didn't need this because I had more than enough FM after getting the characters for free last year.

Meanwhile the CPT bundle seems more worth he value as you get costumes, stage and fight money that by the time the next character is released, you have enough FM to buy the new character.

Meanwhile Tekken 7 season pass. New characters, stages, costumes and game mode.

30 bucks for two characters.

Great value. lol.

We celebrating adding game modes in a season pass now. hahahahaha!

You're here celebrating spending money on multiple things you have zero clue about and they have not given even given a timeline for.

Top Bottom