• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

New SF statues from the Bishoujo line.

Seems like the "gotta give more content to chun" applies to figures as well. Where's my bishoujo Abigail or Zangief statue?

Do you really want a bishoujo Abigail or Zangief statue, when the defining characteristic of the bishoujo line is that everyone has the same generic pretty-girl anime face?

SlimXx

Ucchedavāda;244322637 said:
Do you really want a bishoujo Abigail or Zangief statue, when the defining characteristic of the bishoujo line is that everyone has the same generic pretty-girl anime face?

Yes.

Well shit, now I want it too.

Well shit, now I want it too.

zUcBDU7.gif

mitchlol

Just recently hit Platinum and I'm wondering why this is the rank which casuals/ranked will have you Vs people more than 1 rank higher than you? Suddenly I can vs Diamond/Ultra Plat etc etc where as as Ultra gold the most I could hope for was a platinum. What makes platinum the rank where everything above opens up? I'm not complaining actually this makes it even more challenging and forces me to play better and better to get the W

Femto.

Just recently hit Platinum and I'm wondering why this is the rank which casuals/ranked will have you Vs people more than 1 rank higher than you? Suddenly I can vs Diamond/Ultra Plat etc etc where as as Ultra gold the most I could hope for was a platinum. What makes platinum the rank where everything above opens up? I'm not complaining actually this makes it even more challenging and forces me to play better and better to get the W

Lack of players within the Platinum rank maybe?

New SF statues from the Bishoujo line.

Seems like the "gotta give more content to chun" applies to figures as well. Where's my bishoujo Abigail or Zangief statue?
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS

ALPHA CAMMY FINALLY I DON'T HAVE TO HUNT FOR THAT OLD ASS ALPHA CAMMY STATUE FROM A DECADE AND A HALF AGO

Do you have any idea where you are posting?

MrCarter

I don't even like watching SF4 all that much as my only real investment towards it on that end were the players. When you hear about the best matches in the game they tend to be shuffling shotos alternating between faking with st.LK and chucking plasma and that's just not where my interests lie.

Same. Whenever I see people put these matches up I'm like really? That's the same shit you showed me last time.

Cody was the only good thing about SFIV imo.

Edi: Also finally got around to watching WSO and the Ryu stage is GORGEOUS. 😭 I'm shaking.

Indeed. One of the best stages in the game right now.

Femto.

I really should get some shelves put up for me, I'd love to buy some statues.

First one I'd buy:

dhzb630v

I've seen plenty of SF figures from that line and manufacturer, but the prices mayne.

Kotobukiya's stuff is just cheaper. Wish they did male SF figures too.

When it comes to Battle Lounge, I hate that you cant search by connection type and that you cant add a lobby title that says "good connection/5 bar Only!" etc.
I also hate Chuns jumping mk. It seems like the worst cross up attack in the game.

Man I just played this Ryu player named HentaiTears. I swore I played him before and won the set. But this time he had over 9900 LP and was ready to rank up if he could beat me. I beat him 2-0 again. I didn't think much about it after that. Just now I decided to favorite my PC account on my PS4 account. I'm doing this because I don't have any recording equipment or software on my PC nor do I have any desire to learn about it. So if I ever felt any desire to record and upload any of my PC matches I could do it through the PS4, which is actually pretty cool.

I decided to look at my PC matches again. And low and behold, I find out that I did play the guy. But he had under 6800 points when I 2-0'd him. Somehow he earned over 3k LP the last two days. I'm not even going to bother looking at his matches. I'm just confused how he is able to pull this off. I've tried and failed to reach platinum for so long now and this guy was on the cusp of Super Platinum and he can't even DP obvious jump ins and plays a wild and erratic Ryu like so many Gold Ryu's that I've run into(I'm pretty guilty of this as well lol).

I'm just salty, how did this guy do it and I can't?

Sayad

Tokido was doing some execution heavy stuff that most of us missed because it looks like the same BnB every Akuma does! That's a pretty impressive confirm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObxYIQNeXdg

Tokido is probably the most technical SFV player, it's good to see him win EVO... Even if he admits that studying opponents and habits is what won him EVO, not training mode tech, I'm sure it helps a lot. Like, the other top player with impressive confirms who always goes for the most optimal stuff is Punk!

Tokido was doing some execution heavy stuff that most of us missed because it looks like the same BnB every Akuma does! That's a pretty impressive confirm:

Tokido is probably the most technical SFV player, it's good to see him win EVO... Even if he admits that studying opponents and habits is what won him EVO, not training mode tech.

I saw that video yesterday, pretty impressive. On another note, a Japanese player named Hameko replicated Tokido's final around against F. Champ. He replicated every hit and combo Tokido landed. The difference was that he ended with Super to prove that it was enough to kill. Something that Tokido failed to do or forgot because he may not have noticed he had Super. I don't think this was meant to be negative in anyway. Just a fun way to look back and see what would have happened if he did land the CA.

https://twitter.com/hameko/status/889161131226406912

I was Team "Super would have killed" BTW.

Rymuth

Tokido is probably the most technical SFV player, it's good to see him win EVO... Even if he admits that studying opponents and habits is what won him EVO, not training mode tech, I'm sure it helps a lot. Like, the other top player with impressive confirms who always goes for the most optimal stuff is Punk!

Yep, saw that vid yesterday. It's pretty great.

Village

they are making male figures too now, but with nightwing and stuff
but yeah its a handsome dude like so geif and abigail ain't getting in

You might get ed though, ed's handsome

Femto.

I can't get over that they removed Red Hood's mask.

Hopefully they offer an alternate head or something.

Yeah, Kotobukiya have a ton of cool male statues.
I'd love to see them doing more SF characters.

However, the bishoujo line of figures is characterized by being all female, and all of them having a samey generic anime face. Apparently the term "bishoujo" means "pretty girl".

Which is why I (wrongly) suggested that people didn't want that for Zangief and Abigail.

Village

I can't get over that they removed Red Hood's mask.

Hopefully they offer an alternate head or something.

I actually like maskless red hood

Sometimes he's drawn with a tuft of white hair and a red eye mask I think it looks neat. Wish that would have been a costume in injustice 2

Femto.

I actually like maskless red hood

Sometimes he's drawn with a tuft of white hair and a red eye mask I think it looks neat. Wish that would have been a costume in injustice 2

Did not know that, cool to know.

When are we going to get SF bishounen figures though?

Birdie and FANG are awaiting their debut.

------------------------------------------------------

Also, why can't I buy this yet Capcom?

101.png

Numb

Ucchedavāda;244330998 said:
Best alternative color for Chun-Li's default costume, and it is only available if you got the PS4 "Volcano" edition of SFV, which was only available in Japan.
Capcom_logo-thumb1.jpg

Ucchedavāda;244331433 said:
Bonus points: Volcano edition came with discounted Zenny, the real-money currency that the game was supposed to be using in the in-game store. However, Zenny was dropped before the game was released, rendering those Zenny worthless.
capcpom-logo.png

Numb

Bonus points: Volcano edition came with discounted Zenny, the real-money currency that the game was supposed to be using in the in-game store. However, Zenny was dropped before the game was released, rendering those Zenny worthless.

capcoms_new_logo_by_dante_564-darxc08.jpg

Sayad

Ucchedavāda;244330998 said:
Best alternative color for Chun-Li's default costume, and it is only available if you got the PS4 "Volcano" edition of SFV, which was only available in Japan.

Hey, that's easier to get, and not as good as her stocking-less color, which so far only one persond in the world can use:
XURIQZb.png

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
When it comes to Battle Lounge, I hate that you cant search by connection type and that you cant add a lobby title that says "good connection/5 bar Only!" etc.
I also hate Chuns jumping mk. It seems like the worst cross up attack in the game.
You can't search by connection type because the game doesn't even know until you join the lounge. I don't know why the ping tests have been deemed "too difficult to display" on the lounge page but that's SFV for you. What they do have working now are the flags. So why can't we fucking search by flag? Why can't we search for lounges with 1/2 players? Why can't we search for a specific league? Why are we presented with a single page of completely random lounges from all over the world where so often zero of them meet our criteria?

These should be easy problems to solve, unlike reworking netcode or whatever, but Capcom won't do it. I don't even see other people complain about it that often.

Man I just played this Ryu player named HentaiTears. I swore I played him before and won the set. But this time he had over 9900 LP and was ready to rank up if he could beat me. I beat him 2-0 again. I didn't think much about it after that. Just now I decided to favorite my PC account on my PS4 account. I'm doing this because I don't have any recording equipment or software on my PC nor do I have any desire to learn about it. So if I ever felt any desire to record and upload any of my PC matches I could do it through the PS4, which is actually pretty cool.

I decided to look at my PC matches again. And low and behold, I find out that I did play the guy. But he had under 6800 points when I 2-0'd him. Somehow he earned over 3k LP the last two days. I'm not even going to bother looking at his matches. I'm just confused how he is able to pull this off. I've tried and failed to reach platinum for so long now and this guy was on the cusp of Super Platinum and he can't even DP obvious jump ins and plays a wild and erratic Ryu like so many Gold Ryu's that I've run into(I'm pretty guilty of this as well lol).

I had a similar experience with a really good Super Silver Bison except he actually ragequit on me. A couple of weeks later I randomly check his profile and he had like 10K LP. Meanwhile I'm still stuck in the 4K range. Ragequitting absolutely killed my online quest for higher ranks. Couldn't get excited about fighting randoms even after the fixes were applied.

I saw that video yesterday, pretty impressive. On another note, a Japanese player named Hameko replicated Tokido's final around against F. Champ. He replicated every hit and combo Tokido landed. The difference was that he ended with Super to prove that it was enough to kill. Something that Tokido failed to do or forgot because he may not have noticed he had Super. I don't think this was meant to be negative in anyway. Just a fun way to look back and see what would have happened if he did land the CA.

https://twitter.com/hameko/status/889161131226406912

I was Team "Super would have killed" BTW.

I think the no super was just a drop tbh

FluxWaveZ

When I saw it, I didn't think the super would have killed, but I always underestimate Akuma's CA damage, and Dhalsim has 925 health. Tokido might have hesitated because he considered Sim might have been left with a pixel, though, so he decided to keep the meter.

XenoRaven

I wanted at least one of the new PCS Chuns, but they're way too expensive for me right now.

I did preorder the V-Trigger one they made though.

Blueblur1

I've got that Bison, Roxy, Alpha Chun and Battle Costume Chun ordered. And Ryu ordered from one of the other sites.

I have a problem.

Bob White

Sounds like you may be better at street fighter than him. And that he's better at "SFV" than you. Seriously, if his "I don't give a shit" is on point with yolo dashes and pressure, then I can see how a choppy Ryu dash online can get easy points.

I can consistently beat an Ultra Diamond Cammy player and I'm low diamond. I don't know...sometimes mirror matches might be a strong players weakest match up.

Ucchedavāda;244328523 said:
Yeah, Kotobukiya have a ton of cool male statues.
I'd love to see them doing more SF characters.

However, the bishoujo line of figures is characterized by being all female, and all of them having a samey generic anime face. Apparently the term "bishoujo" means "pretty girl".

Which is why I (wrongly) suggested that people didn't want that for Zangief and Abigail.

Yup, Bishojou literally means pretty girl. They have figures for DC, Marvel, Tekken, and Street Fighter, among others in this line. They have other figures and collectibles for dozens of other franchises. Unless you want to see a sexy gender bent Zangief, I'd look at a different line of collectibles haha.
Their Freddy and Jason in this line for example. They do have normal versions of these guys too.They are known for making pretty great quality figures that don't break the bank relativly. Considering that many western made figures start in the few hundred range where these start in the $60+ and get higher as they age. (Take a look at those Marvel figure price yikes!)

Also din't zenny get discontinued several months into SFV? Pretty sure multiple versions here in Japan came with free zenny.

Top Bottom