• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MrCarter

I was playing someone who picked Ed and this "league up chance" banner came up. Pretty nice.

lptLunT.jpg

so im trying the beta after never playing this game before.

I found 2 games. both of them were against russians who clearly have never played a SF game before. Both times I was hammering them without them landing a hit and the game disconnects. I got the impression they quit or something.

But it says game connection to the server lost then makes me log in on the main menu.

Is the online just fucked?

MrCarter

I found 2 games. both of them were against russians who clearly have never played a SF game before. Both times I was hammering them without them landing a hit and the game disconnects. I got the impression they quit or something.

But it says game connection to the server lost then makes me log in on the main menu.

I think this Beta is bringing out so many Wi-Fi warriors out of the woodwork but it could also be the servers still need more time to be worked on before the official release.

I think this Beta is bringing out so many Wi-Fi warriors out of the woodwork but it could also be the servers still need more time to be worked on before the official release.

just played a 3rd game and 15 seconds into the fight the same thing happens. I knew the game had online problems but this making me not want to buy the game. Im done trying to play it now.

just played a 3rd game and 15 seconds into the fight the same thing happens. I knew the game had online problems but this making me not want to buy the game. Im done trying to play it now.

Just so you know, the flags you see are selected by the player. They aren't assigned by the game.

So, someone living in the US can select a Japanese flag, for example.

Also, this is a beta not a demo. The update isn't actually finished yet, and this beta is supposed to help them fine tune it for the upcoming release.

kirblar

Where do you live?

Dartastic

Ed is so fuuuuuuuuuuuuun. But like, his cMK to special range is ASSSSSS. I hit confirm that shit all the time and wind up whiffing due to the reach. It makes me sad. :(

Netcode definitely seems better in the beta also. Don't know what people are talking about when they're having issues.

Tan

I was getting an occasional laggy match but now that I've limited myself to 5bars PC only I've only gotten good matches. Psn wifi warriors are too plentiful

mbpm1

Found my first person I thought could be an actual lag-switcher. Score is 1-1, second round suddenly gets teleporty but he's punishing everything. Rounds before and the one round after were all good, so it was sketchy.

Pretty good record considering I've been playing SFV for over a year and it was the first one though

I was getting an occasional laggy match but now that I've limited myself to 5bars PC only I've only gotten good matches. Psn wifi warriors are too plentiful
It makes me wonder if those that complain of the netcode just aren't using the optimal search settings. I set to 5 bars only, ask to confirm, and it's rare that I get a laggy match. The network quality reporting is janky, with 5 bars things are smooth sailing, but the one time I try to go for a 4 bar match it was one of the most rollbacky unplayable things I've encountered.

I need a primer on Ibuki if anybody knows how I can learn some of her basic and advanced stuff quick and easy?

Would this help?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/64yqen/giefs_gym_character_supplement_ibuki/

It makes me wonder if those that complain of the netcode just aren't using the optimal search settings. I set to 5 bars only, ask to confirm, and it's rare that I get a laggy match. The network quality reporting is janky, with 5 bars things are smooth sailing, but the one time I try to go for a 4 bar match it was one of the most rollbacky unplayable things I've encountered.

Well, it's a lot of things. Like it could be their internet, it could be the wifi warriors out to play, it could be Capcom's servers, it could be anything. But by and large, a lot of people have had a better experience with this CFN over the previous one. I think much of it has to do with how bad the netcode was - like even if it's a wifi dude torrenting or hitting a switch, people are going to blame Capcom because of their past bullshit.

Renkax

Hey guys anyone else having a Problem on PC like me ? My situation is that when I launch the game to the menu. As soon as I click on ranked matches it gives me battle settings. Which is normal , I'm playing on a DS4 but when I get the battle settings and I do try to apply it doesn't apply and I'm just stuck on the main menu. Even if I click on the option to "Exit Game" it gives me the battle settings window. What can I do? ;(

Keyboard also doesn't work. If I press Enter it does the same thing like the controller if I press x

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hey guys anyone else having a Problem on PC like me ? My situation is that when I launch the game to the menu. As soon as I click on ranked matches it gives me battle settings. Which is normal , I'm playing on a DS4 but when I get the battle settings and I do try to apply it doesn't apply and I'm just stuck on the main menu. Even if I click on the option to "Exit Game" it gives me the battle settings window. What can I do? ;(

Keyboard also doesn't work. If I press Enter it does the same thing like the controller if I press x

Does the game immediately recognize your direct input controller and make you configure it?

It sounds like the start button is assigned incorrectly or something.

I would suggest trying to remap the buttons on your controller.
Go to settings, 'Other Settings', and then '1P DirectInput Controller Settings', where you can select 'Reassign buttons'.

Alternatively, you can shut down the game, press Win+R, enter "%LocalAppData%/StreetFighterV/Saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor" (with or without quotes), press enter, and then remove or rename the 'input.ini' file in the folder that is opened. When you start the game again, it should allow you to reconfigure your controller.

Also, on the keyboard Enter should correspond to 'Start', while 'B' is Ok, and 'N' is Back. You cannot remap keyboard buttons, so that should always be the case.

Csr

I had the same problem, my direct input device was not configured in steam properly.
I would suggest to try running bid picture mode first and then opening the game. If that doesn't work then configure your controller in steam.

Even now that i have configured my controller unless i am running in big picture mode it doesn't work properly.

Edzi

pulls him towards & he's plus on it connecting, whether its blocked or not. If its a hit, he gets a combo, if its a block, he gets a mixup/throw attempt.

I don't think he gets anything out of that outside of some light damage. Are you sure he's plus on block with the uncharged one?

FluxWaveZ

pulls him towards & he's plus on it connecting, whether its blocked or not. If its a hit, he gets a combo, if its a block, he gets a mixup/throw attempt.

Ed is plus on a blocked, uncharged V-Skill? That doesn't sound right.

Oh, seems you thought he was talking about the charged variation.

Sayad

Played a PC to PS4 first to 10 with my brother with the same connection in the same room, both with wired connection. We got about five or so rounds where characters were teleporting on one system but not the other, and despite using the same connection, he got a random disconnect from CFN(just CFN not PSN) while mine was fine. Both the servers and netcode have stability issues.

What's the consensus on Kolin?
Because my foray into the CFN beta has had me enjoy her quite a bit, a bit more fight money and I could cash in my chips for her, or just get season 2 in general and thus finally succumb to buying content.

Kashiwaba

Played a PC to PS4 first to 10 with my brother with the same connection in the same room, both with wired connection. We got about five or so rounds where characters were teleporting on one system but not the other, and despite using the same connection, he got a random disconnect from CFN(just CFN not PSN) while mine was fine. Both the servers and netcode have stability issues.

SFV netcode is weird

Sayad

Because my foray into the CFN beta has had me enjoy her quite a bit, a bit more fight money and I could cash in my chips for her, or just get season 2 in general and thus finally succumb to buying content.
She's really fun, but it's not exactly an easy ride. Her stuff(icicles, dashes, counters) are really fun but you have to also be fine with her stubby normals because that's what you're gonna be fighting with most of the round if you want to win. :D

She's really fun, but it's not exactly an easy ride. Her stuff(icicles, dashes, counters) are really fun but you have to also be fine with her stubby normals because that's what you're gonna be fighting with most of the round if you want to win. :D

Yeah, I was fearing that my more basic level of play may not lend me too well to what she has to offer.

Nah just sick with it if you enjoy her. Don't let difficulty get in the way, because a person who enjoys their character is going to work harder and have more fun.

Valid point, I enjoy the heck out of Vega for instance and I have no idea how strong he's considered to be.

Though I think an unfortunate exception for that point would have to be made for FANG, I could try and try and try, he ain't ever getting nowhere with me.

Edzi

Valid point, I enjoy the heck out of Vega for instance and I have no idea how strong he's considered to be.

Though I think an unfortunate exception for that point would have to be made for FANG, I could try and try and try, he ain't ever getting nowhere with me.

Stick with Vega, apparently he's gonna be a problem with the next patch.

MrCarter

I'm in the same boat. I love her counters and parabellum mixed in with her ice powers.

MechaX

Why not post a video or two of matches that caused you trouble and maybe we can give you some pointers? I guarantee everything they do to body you is easy overcome once you know what is happening. Its working out why thats hard when you are new to playing fighting games.

I am not quite sure on the process to upload matches, but I think my replays are up under fighter ID MechaX0. Played matches on regular SFV and the Beta this morning.

I am not quite new to fighting games, but I have been having problems adjusting to the more rushdown nature in this game. I have been trying to make improvements on it for the past few days, but it's heavily momentum based I find (as in, I only find myself going in when the momentum is clearly on my side, but I am very defensive otherwise). Ken and Balrog still shut me down completely though (Balrog's buttons tend to stuff mine, and I am still not entirely familiar with when it's "my turn" whenever Ken is doing whatever unless he has a clear whiffed DP).

What is the PS4 or PC that had the roll back? The PS4 has an issue where the cpu bottlenecks online because of the netcode causing fps drops.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Can taste that salt when your day one characters have people rage quitting at last hit of casual matches ahaha. I missed only what SF could offer in the sodium department.
Omni, I tried to join the room earlier multiple times but error'd out every time.
Can barely connect to people for some reason on a 150/150 fios connection lol. SFV netcode is very inconsistent and I'd say fucked imo. The predecessor was much more stable in this department I feel.

Top Bottom