• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Birdie is so good...where is generally on tier list? I alway have trouble against him, especially not being able to punish that stupid ex bullhorn or is retarded sweep.

What's his bad matchups Sim?

Mika even uses a similar win quote against Abigail as she does against Birdie, the 1-up-ment is real.

Still playing both though I need the big bodies and Birdie is still a riot.

Is it possible to confirm anything off of Abigail's anti-air V-Skill? Seems like a decent AA option but you don't get much damage from it as-is.

I haven't had a chance to lab since Abigail dropped but I wonder if Nitro Charge -> Punch could link after it? I forget what state the opponent is in after the AA.

EDIT: nvm lol

kikiribu

well that's bullshit

zangief should be the biggest
Too bad! Looking at their profiles, looks like Zangief (7'0") is now the seventh tallest character in SF, behind Birdie (7'1"), Sagat (7'5"), Q (unknown exact height but he is listed as taller than the previous, so probably 7'6"), T.Hawk (7'7"), Hugo (7'10"), and Abigail (8'0").

FANG is 6'11" but he's taller than Gief with the hat on.

Shadoken

Birdie is so good...where is generally on tier list? I alway have trouble against him, especially not being able to punish that stupid ex bullhorn or is retarded sweep.

What's his bad matchups Sim?

Did you try using EX tatsu? I dont think hes that great , just really annoying coz of the bullheads and its armor BS. But it loses to throws so eh , i dont care much about it.

ElFly

Too bad! Looking at their profiles, looks like Zangief (7'0") is now the seventh tallest character in SF, behind Birdie (7'1"), Sagat (7'5"), Q (unknown exact height but he is listed as taller than the previous, so probably 7'6"), T.Hawk (7'7"), Hugo (7'10"), and Abigail (8'0").

of these I'd allow Abigail, Sagat and FANG with a hat

everybody else can go home

How am I supposed to link crouching MP into Zangief's CA for his final volume 2 trial?

I am as baffled as you. cMP is my go to CA cancel, and yet after the headbutt it is always out of range for me

I assume it is just supposed to be stupid fast so it is cancelled as soon as possible but dunno

How am I supposed to link crouching MP into Zangief's CA for his final volume 2 trial?
That's the one after f.HP? You gotta have super clean inputs, that 3 hit sequence is a little tricky. Cr.mp into super is very easy since the 720 combos out of it, it's just getting your left hand on track for the whole sequence.

::edit:: ElFly is correct.

Rymuth

FANG wears lifts.

FANG wears lifts.
FAN_00.png

vg260

I just did that one recently, but it wasn't actually one that gave me too much trouble compared to a lot of others. iirc, just gotta do it fast, and do the bare minimum of d-pad movements for the CA to come out I think. I'm better at his circle motions on a pad, so that's what I used as well.

Ryce

I am as baffled as you. cMP is my go to CA cancel, and yet after the headbutt it is always out of range for me

I assume it is just supposed to be stupid fast so it is cancelled as soon as possible but dunno
That's the one after f.HP? You gotta have super clean inputs, that 3 hit sequence is a little tricky. Cr.mp into super is very easy since the 720 combos out of it, it's just getting your left hand on track for the whole sequence.

::edit:: ElFly is correct.
I just did that one recently, but it wasn't actually one that gave me too much trouble compared to a lot of others. iirc, just gotta do it fast, and do the bare minimum of d-pad movements for the CA to come out I think. I'm better at his circle motions on a pad, so that's what I used as well.
I finally got it. That took me an embarrassingly long time. I was just too slow and kept whiffing the CA.

sephi22

Is it possible to confirm anything off of Abigail's anti-air V-Skill? Seems like a decent AA option but you don't get much damage from it as-is.

One of the Abigail punches (forgot which), or HP donkey kong flip, or EX donkey kong flip into Abigail punches. Not sure on the last one but should work on paper

I actually just caused someone to rage quit against me, a rank higher to boot.
I feel like a rite of passage has been completed, Kolin coming through for me right now.

Edzi

Playing Ranked as a Platinum is a struggle. Feels like the game is playing against you, constantly matching you with Diamond+ so you're losing points, and then Golds so that if you win you don't get much and when you lose you lose a chunk.

Playing Ranked as a Platinum is a struggle. Feels like the game is playing against you, constantly matching you with Diamond+ so you're losing points, and then Golds so that if you win you don't get much and when you lose you lose a chunk.

It's the game's way of telling you to git gud.

Or stop picking Alex.

Why is The Grid even a selectable stage? So stupid. All these people I get matched up with using the stage, it's like they're telling me how dull they are and how much they like stale bread, the newest season of The Simpsons, and dirt.

Top Bottom