• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Anyone know if there were any characters in USF4's omega mode with Ed-style inputs, or is it truly new to SF? I remember a lot of stuff in Omega mode ended up in SFV.

95% of my losses to Ken are attributed to me getting hit by one combo, being carried to the corner and then having to deal with the throw loop, high/low nonsense and dying.

Worst part is when you're against someone who knows they don't need to shimmy because even if I throw tech successfully, I'm still not out of the corner and they still have the upper hand.

I honestly don't even know why I bother with this game, I simply have no fun.

That's how I feel about NRS games. I have no fun with them (besides story mode). I have stopped playing them.

Just quit playing B.
Deleted This game (again). Last time I got back in because of the whole Kolin hype and she's definitely fun but she doesn't somehow remove the faults in the game's system.

At least this time IJ2 is coming out in a few days and I'll be on that. Followed by T7 in June.

Hopefully I won't touch this game again until it's fixed.

Even the characters with absolutely weak wakeup still have armored moves and a super that beats everything.

Obviously being stuck in the corner is always a disadvantageous situation regardless of the game, but in SFV it just feels like a death sentence against certain characters.

Pompadour

Even the characters with absolutely weak wakeup still have armored moves and a super that beats everything.

Obviously being stuck in the corner is always a disadvantageous situation regardless of the game, but in SFV it just feels like a death sentence against certain characters.

Are you talking about NRS or SFV? Because in SFV everyone has an invincible reversal, it's just for a lot of characters it costs three stocks.

Are you talking about NRS or SFV? Because in SFV everyone has an invincible reversal, it's just for a lot of characters it costs three stocks.
NRS. metered Moves armored from frame 1, a lot of characters have metered invincible reversals or some sort of wakeup. There generally isn't as much a feeling of helplessness as there is in SFV.

Vega (Claw) doesn't have a truly invincible reversal, not even Super.

In the first Injustice, doesn't any wake-up attack have invincibility?
Every character's b3 has a meter-burn version which is armored, against throws as well I believe. So every character has an armored wakeup option that's a combo starter as well.

A lot of character's have different wakeup options in addition to that armored heavy attack and Supers. Batman has a parry that's active frame-1. Superman has a DP. Etc etc

FluxWaveZ

Every character's b3 has a meter-burn version which is armored, against throws as well I believe.

A lot of character's have different wakeup options. Batman has a parry that's active frame-1. Superman has a DP. Etc etc

I see, so it has to be meter burned to use as a proper reversal? I was watching the EVO 2014 top 8 yesterday and I thought people could use any attack as a wake-up, and it would have invincible frames when used like that, but some multi-hit attacks like Batgirl's forward 3 would stuff them out. Might have misunderstood.

I see, so it has to be meter burned to use as a proper reversal? I was watching the EVO 2014 top 8 yesterday and I thought people could use any attack as a wake-up, and it would have invincible frames when used like that, but some multi-hit attacks like Batgirl's forward 3 would stuff them out. Might have misunderstood.
Differs from character to character, but every character has SOME option if they spend meter. These metered moves are generally only armored for 1 hit so it is possible in some rare situations to break through them.

Supers didn't have a limit to the amount of hits it could absorb I believe. Might be misremembering a few things though, been quite a while since I last played Inj1. But wakeups generally felt stable.

It was the zoning and "lack" of movement options that was a major problem, both of which they seem to have dealt with successfully in IJ2.

MCD250

I feel like Cammy outplays me every time but because I'm Birdie I get to do stupid shit and win.
Birdie can fuck me up pretty bad. His floaty jump throws off my anti-air game, and he has really good, far-reaching normals that outrange mine. It doesn't help that his hurtboxes are never where I expect them to be given his size, so that kinda throws me off too. I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to poke him only to hit nothing but air and then get whiff punished by his farther-reaching normals.

Jumping on him is a no go too since he has bomb ass anti-airs, and I straight can't react to his dolphin dive. He's a total pain to fight tbh.

I hate the Birdie match-up as Karin. Dude has a cross-up that has a hitbox that goes the length of the entire screen, has an anti-air that has the hitbox of the entire upper area of the stage, has far reaching limbs, randoms me tf out with armour moves. Can't handle it.

This is what I like to hear.

mfw people dash at me and I hit'em with that ex chain

birdie-fanime2.jpg

Top Bottom