• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Kashiwaba

Ucchedavāda;237258090 said:
Perhaps they do want you to unlock those characters, even if you do it using FM.
They can only sell you a character once, but they can keep selling you costumes for that character forever.

That's what i would think they should do, but knowing how they do things at capcom i don't think they understand that especially when they keep giving all the costumes to two characters while ignoring the rest of the cast.

Here are some not-really-news about the CFN beta (via Google Translate):

Hello. It is Matsumoto.

Thank you very much for participating in "New CFN · β Test" which went to 5/12 ~ 5/15 the other day.
I am grateful that I could touch so many people. How was your new CFN?

Currently, we are doing work for upgrading based on the result of the test.
I am doing my best to let you know the schedule as soon as possible so please wait for a while now!

http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/column/131682

I am grateful that I could touch so many people
CYnFDVpWkAE8UpF.png

3f6e3e6cf43e734440bc1de5700e962e_vice-blasts-joe-rogan-for-confused-animated-clipart_320-240.gif

You're a brotha? I thought you were asian.

Nah, I remember a tournament you won a couple months ago and at the end they were interviewing an asian dude.
hahahahhahahha lmao...
ayyyyy...was good my nigga

There's also the part where I've only been part of the community for about a year now, while others have been there since SFIV. Thanks, though. I'll try not to go 0 - 2.

I signed up for the Injustice 2 tournament, too, for some reason. That was another mistake.

Yeah, that's me.
my nigga

ElFly

DAIzK8wVwAA8iYD.jpg

spoiler are you da motherfucking share z0ne

e: me?I am old enough to have played ST on the arcades but I didn't really play seriously until alpha 2

vulva

You guys know how Sim players always whine that they have to play perfect for 90% of the match only to get steamrolled in the last 10%?

Isn't it more likely that they have a braindead character which forces the opponent to get shut out for 90% of the match until they finally get in and expose that the sim player has no defensive a whatsoever?

Sim is bullshit, you guys.

vulva

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Let me have great buttons that I can press without having to think at mid screen for every imaginable situation, then cry about how the one time I was too busy thinking about how hard I work instead of actually paying attention the other guy got in and killed me. Clearly my character sucks instead of me just not taking advantage of my incredibly strong defensive options since I'm too lazy to learn them (jump tech gale os is some of the dumbest shit in this game but it takes a bit of execution :'( )

You guys know how people always whine that they have to play perfect for 90% of the match only to get steamrolled by Balrog in the last 10%?

Isn't it more likely that they have a braindead character who forces Balrog to get shut out for 90% of the match until he finally gets V-trigger and exposes that they just can't block?

Rog is fair, you guys.

Just shit-posting. Sorry.

Tilt mode, activated.

I love you Birdie but god damn sometimes I feel like you too slow.

Birdie's speed has never bothered me, although I thought it would be an issue before I picked him up. My only gripe with Birdie is holding down a button for bullhorn. I just can't get comfortable with it.

Bob White

I love playing injustice online and knowing instantly youre playing a street fighter player. When we both are using the absolute fuck outta down 1 like its a cr forward.

Playing footies with captain colds down 1 is the struggle of all struggles.

I guess we should never hope for something like I2 MM time between matches. :(

I2 is on UE3, so it loads way faster than SFV (and I assume Tekken) do. Though finding matches in the beta was usually pretty fast in and of itself, the loading and the dumb ANOTHER FIGHT IS COMING YOUR WAY is still more than I2.

nded

Hasn't it been established that SFV can load a match pretty quick and a lot of the wait time is just staring at unskippable screens for no apparent reason?

Sayad

I2 is on UE3, so it loads way faster than SFV (and I assume Tekken) do. Though finding matches in the beta was usually pretty fast in and of itself, the loading and the dumb ANOTHER FIGHT IS COMING YOUR WAY is still more than I2.
Don't know, it wasn't between 30s to 1 minute like Injustice 2 for me!

pHand

So, uhh, it looks like Street Fighter V will be featured on The Amazing Race next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTi-g-2965A

The teams will be in South Korea and the tasks involve competitive cup stacking and... Street Fighter V. The hilarious part is one of the matchups shown was R. Mika vs. Laura, with Mika on an 11-win streak, which probably means it was the pro playing her. How absolutely cruel of the pro to choose S1 Mika, lol. I bet that team was stuck there for hours, or rage quit and took a penalty.

I can't help but wonder why Street Fighter V? I get that they wanted to show how big eSports are in Korea, but you'd think they'd go with Overwatch or something. I can't imagine Capcom paying to showcase SFV on Amazing Race of all places.

mbpm1

So, uhh, it looks like Street Fighter V will be featured on The Amazing Race next week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTi-g-2965A

The teams will be in South Korea and the tasks involve competitive cup stacking and... Street Fighter V. The hilarious part is one of the matchups shown was R. Mika vs. Laura, with Mika on an 11-win streak, which probably means it was the pro playing her. How absolutely cruel of the pro to choose S1 Mika, lol. I bet that team was stuck there for hours, or rage quit and took a penalty.

I can't help but wonder why Street Fighter V? I get that they wanted to show how big eSports are in Korea, but you'd think they'd go with Overwatch or something. I can't imagine Capcom paying to showcase SFV on Amazing Race of all places.

Lmao poongko!

As mbpm1 said, the Korean player that they were up against is Poongko. He's one of the most well known and skilled players from South Korea.

As for his win streak, just about everybody in the SFV OT could get a 100 game win streak on those guys if they wanted assuming they don't play the game or know much about it. As for why SFV? I think they may have wanted something more simple for the audience. It's a 1v1 game with the two characters always on screen at the same time. They could focus on each contestant one at a time. With something like Overwatch they would always have to show just one perspective in a team or 1v1 match knowing that other players are out there as well with no idea what's happening from their point of view.

Sayad

SF is much easier to identify and follow what's going on for none gamers than pretty much any other esport.

mbpm1

As mbpm1 said, the Korean player that they were up against is Poongko. He's one of the most well known and skilled players from South Korea.

As for his win streak, just about everybody in the SFV OT could streak to 100 on those guys assuming they don't play the game nor do they know much about it.

I mean, when you see the clip the laura is mashing st. lk like a fight money bot lol

Poongko would definitely have no mercy at all on them too

Top Bottom