• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

MCD250

Uh. Lowkey maybe it's time to start wondering if Bonchan Might Be A Problem. I just saw that he won Saigon Cup, his third CPT win in as many weeks. He did it from winners' side too, just like when he won BAM.

Here's the grand finals.

https://youtu.be/8RoPsRyw5Vw

Sayad

But how do they bounce back from Mika's Irish Whip mid screen?! That just doesn't make sense, there's no wall there!... Good thing they patched that out, right?

Elena was everything wrong with SF4
Just remember, the version with Elena in it is the best version of SFIV.
Elena need to come back

Uh. Lowkey maybe it's time to start wondering if Bonchan Might Be A Problem. I just saw that he won Saigon Cup, his third CPT win in as many weeks. He did it from winners' side too, just like when he won BAM.

Here's the grand finals.

https://youtu.be/8RoPsRyw5Vw
Vega vs Nash grand final, and this is pre-patch too. :D
Something really clicked with Bonchan after that Bornfree interview where he said Nash can't win a stacked tournament.

Tbh, I'm still a bit sad that characters like Hugo and Poison didn't get their time to shine in USF4. Alex Valle at EVO in particular proved that that character can be STRONG in the right hands.

remz

I hope poison makes it back to SF5 tbh because between being in SFxT and late SFIV I think she kinda got ignored.

MCD250

For real, I would main Juri just so I could wear her premium costume. It looks too good.

If only I could deal with how weird she plays.

Capcom really need to do something about the game's input latency online. It's why Rashid can do light mixer and be plus on block after. If the lag is much worse Ken can dp fadc and be safe after when he's suppose to be -7 and can't even punish it with light normals. And fighting a specific Diamond Birdie with 19k lp just regular Bullhorn through frametraps like it's invincible.

I thought it had something to do with 6.5 input lag but MKX is the same but online input latency is a lot lower than SFV's.

Capcom really need to do something about the game's input latency online. It's why Rashid can do light mixer and be plus on block after. If the lag is much worse Ken can dp fadc and be safe after when he's suppose to be -7 and can't even punish it with light normals. And fighting a specific Diamond Birdie with 19k lp just regular Bullhorn through frametraps like it's invincible.

I thought it had something to do with 6.5 input lag but MKX is the same but online input latency is a lot lower than SFV's.
I've mentioned this before in the thread but Bullhorn is one of the few moves in this game where the character's hurtbox retracts during it's startup. If your frametrap would normally hit right on the edge of his hurtbox then he can successfully Bullhorn through it as he won't get hit by it and the move will come out. Mixed with it's projectile invincibility, it's a decent option against those cr.mk/cr.mp into fireballs as you'll avoid the fireball and hit them out of it.

I've done it myself, and had it done to me as well.

Kashiwaba

Isn't really light spinning mixer -2 on block? So it's pretty much safe on block if i decide not to follow up with any other attack after it

Isn't really light spinning mixer -2 on block? So it's pretty much safe on block if i decide not to follow up with any other attack after it

Then how do you explain Rashid's using st.lp/cr.lp after a blocked spinning mixer somehow beats my 4-frame jab?

This happens online ALL.THE.TIME.

Also happens offline too but it's less frequent.

Kashiwaba

Then how do you explain Rashid's using st.lp/cr.lp after a blocked spinning mixer somehow beats my 4-frame jab?

This happens online ALL.THE.TIME.

Also happens offline too but it's less frequent.
maybe because of the push back? But to be fair i get punished after doing it most of the time when i decide to follow it with st.lk especially if the other player is anticipating it.

Good shit at Toryuken, for real. :)

thanks.

I got 9th in SFV, 3rd in SFV teams and 3rd in USF4.

I really should've been in the top 8 but choke b o i s.

I'm surprised I made it that far cause all I've done in the last month is use Yams as a punching bag and play Injustice lmao

Is that input latency issue though? Don't really see how that would make negative moves positive.

I have definitely had situations where moves that are otherwise minus feel like they're plus because my move which should come out before theirs, get's beaten.

Rashid's LP mixer, and Bison's EX headstomp when in V-Trigger are the 2 biggest culprits but I'm sure there are more.

Though I don't think that's technically input latency, more like the rollback favouring one player's state over the other.

myco666

I have definitely had situations where moves that are otherwise minus feel like they're plus because my move which should come out before theirs, get's beaten.

Rashid's LP mixer, and Bison's EX headstomp when in V-Trigger are the 2 biggest culprits but I'm sure there are more.

Though I don't think that's technically input latency, more like the rollback favouring one player's state over the other.

Yeah, I've seen Rashid players pressing buttons after LP mixer and beating the opponents buttons. But if the move is supposedly -2 oB and you get your normal out as a reversal you should beat every button your opponents presses. Like even if the game had 10 frame input latiency that should happen as long as you can get your normal out as a reversal. It doesn't make the move positive and you just have to press the button earlier.

To me it sounds more like it has weird blockstun instead. Or as you said that it is a rollback issue.

I am not entirely sure, but I do not believe that roll-back netcode should be able to favor one state over the other. As far as I know, that type of netcode works by rolling back the game to the last agreed upon state when your opponent's input is received late, and then re-running both your and their input to recreate the correct state. As far as I can tell, you don't receive your opponent's state. So provided that your input was performed at the right time, and registered by the game, then you should still be at an advantage even after a roll-back.

The fact that your move got beat suggests that something else is going on. Maybe a mistimed button or a variable delay? We already know that the roll-back is taxing on the game, so perhaps roll-back could result in increased input delay when it happens. That or another problem with Capcom's implementation of roll-back netcode.

mbpm1

It's just deceptive blockstun.

For some reason in this game blockstun is weird and doesn't feel as negative/positive as it really is sometimes.

I first really got into fighting games after EVO 2 years ago. It was also the same time I started to follow all these personalities and figures in the FGC.

And within a few days of doing that, I discovered Marn is an utter asshole.

Capcom continuing with their great commutation skills

63fm1Kp.jpg

mbpm1

I first really got into fighting games after EVO 2 years ago. It was also the same time I started to follow all these personalities and figures in the FGC.

Yeah, some of what he said in the latest EA episode is some new depths.

Hyun Sai

I started following the scene starting with SFIV, and I can tell you that many players and most of the EG clique of the time were insufferable assholes. Justin, Ricki, Rog, Marn, Champ...

Some of them grew up or hide it better, others stayed the same.

ElFly

My Birdie is slowly getting better. Will probably level up more once the new CFN hits.

Mid Nevermber.

How can Gief players without it?!?

green hand wouldn't do that much good except, maybe, against guile

wouldn't help much against dhalsim unless it was fast enough to move you forward during dhalsim's limbs recoveries

it probably wouldn't hit birdie's banana or can

Top Bottom