• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Village

What happened to all the doom and gloom for MVCI?

Oh it still looks like ass and the roster is bad.

Its just that some people like how it plays.

There are still plenty of people who think it looks bad and the roster is ass and don't wanna play it

I was just going to play it regardless of those two things.

Be quiet and go back to MVCI & play more.

But that's just going to make me happy as well!

And I'm enjoy my time with Abigail!

UGHHHH

Don't worry, play sfv online and it will drain all that

Or overwatch comp, loose your soul

Haven't had too many issues with the online lately, weirdly enough. Some laggy boys but those dudes were def downloading something.

But yeah Overwatch is damn terrible. I used to play comp but not anymore. Almost every game is garbage, whether it';s my team not switching or a leaver or whatever. OW is ten times more stressful and angering than SFV.

Hey, the pro community thought SFV was fun at launch, too. There's still time.

Good. Can't deal with all these nice vibes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Good. Can't deal with all these nice vibes.

tumblr_nyrgq4uyIK1uewx7xo1_400.gif

Embrace it when you can.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I did Menat's normal survival today in one try despite only knowing one combo and not touching her since she released. The AI can't deal with max range hp or mp very well, so as with Abigail, Capcom has given us the gift of free survival FM with this character.

Just a heads up for anyone who needs a cash infusion.

MrCarter

I just had to cancel my MvCi order due to Amazon's shit service. Will probably pick it up when it's cheaper now.

I just saw a clip of Max getting a new match in MvCI in 5 seconds. I hope matchmaking improvements like that one and other MvCI features such as online training mode, and lobbies with multiple simultaneous matches make their way to SFV Season 3.

But we shouldn't expect anything since this is Campcom we're dealing with here.

Matchmaking is fine in SFV, especially after the new update, it's the netcode (or the "void" rather) that needs to be improved. The whole CFN database and replay system is better than MvCi too imo.

I'm really surprised at this. I thought the fact that T7 didn't have crossplay would make it dead on PC very quick.

I was proved wrong. It's the most successful fighter on PC right now, but I don't really understand why...

That's what happens when there is good PR, marketing as well as functional netcode. Still, it has only been out a few months better to see how it does this time next year.

MrCarter

Going by the recently announced characters, they seem more interested in announcing more Marvel characters than Capcom characters in general. I guess in their minds, from a business standpoint, that's what will "boost sales" because trendz. I'd actually be more interested in the game if Rashid was added tbh

What I don't get is, why leave in such dull and uninspired characters like Spencer, Arthur and Firebrand from the Capcom side when they could have kept in interesting and unique ones like Amaterasu, Wesker, Phoenix Wright and Trish? Such a waste.

Onemic

Most of the mvci roster makes no sense and just seems like they were added for no reason other than them being in mvc3 so they wouldn't need to do as much work in terms of animations and the like.

Im still baffled that nemesis and chris are even in the game.

Stantron

I have the old ULOADFAST mod installed (currently disabled), and wanted to get it updated.
So I downloaded the latest from tool assisted here: ULOADFASTV240.PAK
Problem is that the Pak Mod Manager (v2.2.11) is not letting me drag and drop or load the PAK file into the app. Even if I try manually placing the file into the proper folder, it doesn't show up in the app when I refresh.

Anyone have any ideas why or what I can do to fix?
I can still load my old ULOADFAST file or other PAK files, so I'm scratching my head why this one is an issue.

I have the old ULOADFAST mod installed (currently disabled), and wanted to get it updated.
So I downloaded the latest from tool assisted here: ULOADFASTV240.PAK
Problem is that the Pak Mod Manager (v2.2.11) is not letting me drag and drop or load the PAK file into the app. Even if I try manually placing the file into the proper folder, it doesn't show up in the app when I refresh.

Anyone have any ideas why or what I can do to fix?
I can still load my old ULOADFAST file or other PAK files, so I'm scratching my head why this one is an issue.
Rename the extension from .PAK to .pak

MVCI is interesting, but I feel like a need to unlearn a lot of mvc2/3 stuff in order to play it properly, this really feels like a game like you need to lab it up like crazy.

I feel like playing marvel regularly again is definitely gonna help with SFV execution though.

Sayad

I did Menat's normal survival today in one try despite only knowing one combo and not touching her since she released. The AI can't deal with max range hp or mp very well, so as with Abigail, Capcom has given us the gift of free survival FM with this character.

Just a heads up for anyone who needs a cash infusion.

The AI in the later difficulties just stand in place and does nothing other than blocking when you send your orb behind them, lol.

Top Bottom