• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

What should i do when Abigail is running at me? I've no idea how to react and just accept that i'm going to die

Jump forward. No seriously. You can get jump in combos for free if you stay mid to close range. The only thing he can do is the kick which you'll hop over anyway if you whiff

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm checking out gootecks' new teaching video and dude really needs to up the energy. Sleep more, drink less, do something. The difference between his attitude now and a few years ago is crazy. I don't get how he plans to sell himself as a teacher when he sucks the life force out of the room.

Peeps ragequitting in casual is something i will never understand.

Because there are FM famers using MIcro spamming LK.

And those who only play Casual to stay in the rank there in but plays worse compared to the others and so they RQ.

Hell people will RQ after the match end not giving you the chance to rematch.

Blueblur1

Michael Martin isn’t a bad dude. He’s very nice and is very enthusiastic about SF now (his whole thing about being an OG because he played SFII at an arcade is laughable).

Nice dude BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT that was a stupid ass question. I couldn’t believe those words came out of his mouth. He apparently decided to stop using his brain in that moment.

Whales

Banned
Dumb

And Zhi is trash too, feels like not enough people complain about him. His regular use of the word ''retarded'' every 15 secs is annoying as fuck

Village

YO! I do a thing!

vvvVIGd.jpg

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
you weren't the usual laggy ken

You just bodied the shit out of me
Thank you for the info and I'm sorry. You made it to Gold anyway!

I think I've been smurfing kind of hard because whenever I do these win 10 ranked missions I have an easy time with it. But there are lots of times that I get bodied in casuals so I don't know what's what.

People in ranked seem more cautious and robotic in their game plans, so maybe my nonsense works well in that situation.

Neoxon

How much time do I have to buy the Gill skin? Between Super Mario Odyssey ($35) & Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($31), I'm kinda cutting it close this month in terms of finances. The life of a college kid is definitely a broke one.

How much time do I have to buy the Gill skin? Between Super Mario Odyssey ($35) & Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($31), I'm kinda cutting it close this month in terms of finances. The life of a college kid is definitely a broke one.

I remember seeing sometime in late November. That was also the case last year.

EDIT: Yup.

"Dates of Availability: Sept. 26 (Tue) to Nov. 28 (Tue), 2017 PDT."

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/systemfault/131999

I don't think he's racist or intended it to be taken seriously but soon as he said it he couldn't take it back. Pretty sure Mike Ross isn't perfect either. Hopefully he's improved since then as he does (usually) create good content.

you would really give mike ross the he was no angel treatment when receiving a racist remark

im done lmao

mbpm1

Almost beat a Master Karin player. He left after one match though. guess I know the karin matchup okay (or he was just off)

MrCarter

All MrCarter knows how to do is defend, it doesn't matter if its Capcom or racist statements.

And it seems all you know is how to make sarky comments without looking at the bigger context and if you are implying I’m racist then you are deluded. It’s hilarious.

I saw that interview way before he became a Capcom employee and I have the same opinion. Nothing about that screams “he’s a racist bigot get the pitchforks out” and if you think that then you really do have thin skin. I’ve seen him speak to/interview Ross after that too so obviously it was a silly and stupid encounter that he apologised for.

The bizarre thing is, nobody online really cared before but now it’s a massive “problem” because he works for this company. That’s not how it should work. From what I’ve seen of his work at Red Bull/Yahoo he does do a lot of good work that people enjoy so hopefully he’s learnt to engage his brain before mouth in future.

Ryce

Whether it was your intent or not, ”pretty sure Mike Ross isn't perfect either" is the sort of irrelevant deflection that racists love to justify discrimination with. I was taken aback when I saw that in your post, too.

kikiribu

Fried chicken is delicious

Not really sure who that guy is though. Was Mike Ross actually eating fried chicken before that or did he say it due to the dumb stereotype?

He can’t be worse than Zhi. Zhi makes dumb race jokes every time I hear him commentating

MrCarter

Whether it was your intent or not, “pretty sure Mike Ross isn’t perfect either” is the sort of irrelevant deflection that racists love to justify discrimination with. I was taken aback when I saw that in your post, too.

I said that due to some of the things he’s said or implied in the past on Cross Counter that was very questionable. Same with Zhi. I’m the LAST person to discrimate someone especially due to my background and lifestyle. Trust me. If it did come across that way I sincerely apologise.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I said that due to some of the things he’s said or implied in the past on Cross Counter that was very questionable. Same with Zhi. I’m the LAST person to discrimate someone especially due to my background and lifestyle. Trust me. If it did come across that way I sincerely apologise.
I've watched a lot of cross counter but not all of it. Is there something specific you could cite?

MrCarter

I've watched a lot of cross counter but not all of it. Is there something specific you could cite?

I don’t have any specific citations unfortunately but I remember hearing some stuff from back in the SF4 days that made me question him. Also, the fact that he’s still good friends with Zhi, who is significantly worse than Michael Martin when it comes to “racist jokes” on stream, is telling too. Talk about double standards. All of them are obviously wrong - which is why I don’t think we should only vilify some and not the others.

Top Bottom