• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

jett

D-Member
Yoooo I need details lol. Once I hit plat in rank I wanna go ahead and plat this game but this isn't something I want to attempt more than once.

That mod was plugged a long time ago, unfortunately.

Daily reminder Survival mode in this game is pure garbage, and linking it to color unlocks is the absolute worst.

Rymuth

Yoooo I need details lol. Once I hit plat in rank I wanna go ahead and plat this game but this isn't something I want to attempt more than once.
Eagle spiku
Eagle spiku
Eagle spiku

Ad infinitum.

More in-depth (what I did)

-H.eagle spike everyone except Ryu
- take a break every 20-30 matches so the concentration doesn't drain
- watch out for Rashid, Laura and FANG. Eagle spike still works but play less recklessly with them.
- Ryu will hadoken endlessly so eagle spike won't work. Bait him into firing and then jump over HK followed by cr. HK

That's pretty much it. I chose attack buffs for my run.

Yah Capcom has been pretty much radio silent with social media for past year... Just weird...

Capcom really were the ones to do hype reveals and Twitter teases for a while, but now they just stopped doing it..

LakeEarth

- Ryu will hadoken endlessly so eagle spike won't work. Bait him into firing and then jump over HK followed by cr. HK
To add, the pause trick works great here. Stand within jumping distance, pause and unpause the game until you see Ryu's fireball start-up animation, then jump forward.

I want to know what I’m spending my money on. If they’re going to sell a character pass upfront they should reveal all of the characters. If not that then reveal half the cast and give unobscured silhouettes of the remainder characters.

NRS did it right with Injustice 2.

Might as well buy the CPT dlc instead. Or include it with the season pass.

Ryce

Is there any big tournament going to happens in October?

Just wonder since I'm still iffy on getting Zeku Reveal at NYCC.
I'm not sure how big these tournaments are, but there are three Capcom Pro Tour events left in October:

TWFighter Major (Taiwan) - 10/7
Asia/Oceania Regional Finals: South East Asia Major (Singapore) - 10/13
Canada Cup (Canada) - 10/26

I'm not sure how big these tournaments are, but there are three Capcom Pro Tour events left in October:

TWFighter Major (Taiwan) - 10/7
Asia/Oceania Regional Finals: South East Asia Major (Singapore) - 10/13
Canada Cup (Canada) - 10/26

That's two Premier events and one Regional Finals. I'd say those are pretty big tournaments and good candidates to unveil Zeku if they want to do it at a tournament.

In other news, I took a peek at EVO Japan numbers again. It just hit 1k, yay

https://smash.gg/tournament/evojapan2018

SFV leads to way with GGXrd, Tekken 7, and Smash 4 in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th with very similar numbers. Plenty of time left to register for the event. Hopefully it reaches at least 2k and SFV can hit 1k players(this is probably the only game that can or will).

...kinda don't get why you guys freak out so much about new characters so much.

It's a game that is about nothing but it's characters and how they relate directly to each other.

Not everyone can just play Necalli and be content with their dull life.
lol

I hope Zeku is good because although I love almost everything about the character, I'm tired of running from everybody as Nash and am not feeling the rest of the cast.

Part of me wants to learn Balrog, Laura, Karin, or Necalli just to feel what it's like to be the dominant character for once.

Daily reminder Survival mode in this game is pure garbage, and linking it to color unlocks is the absolute worst.

Absolutely. Normal is really the pinnacle of what this form of Survival should be in terms of length, but it doesn't help that the stage 26/27 difficulty spike is there too and there's no shop option for retrying. I've definitely no desire for going through Hard again despite it having some dope colors behind it.

Eagle spiku
Eagle spiku
Eagle spiku

Ad infinitum.

More in-depth (what I did)

-H.eagle spike everyone except Ryu
- take a break every 20-30 matches so the concentration doesn't drain
- watch out for Rashid, Laura and FANG. Eagle spike still works but play less recklessly with them.

That's pretty much it. I chose attack buffs for my run.

Nice. Sounds more or less like Hard but it's good to know the Rashid tech is legit.

Blueblur1

Might as well buy the CPT dlc instead. Or include it with the season pass.

That's what I did this year. I didn't buy this year's character pass and I don't intend on buying the next one unless they do a better job showing consumers what they're getting.

(I haven't spent Fight Money on the S2 characters either.)

UncleMeat

That mod was plugged a long time ago, unfortunately.

God I hate it. Due to injury I'm not playing online for a few weeks so I'm just trying to grind out some fm on the single player side including hard survival and it sucks so bad. Worst game mode of all time; I'm starting to question my sanity the more I play it.

I did get farther on my first try with Rashid spamming eagle spike than I have with dozens of attempts with Ken. Pretty sure I could get it done with Rashid but I want Ken's 7-10 colors damn it!

MrCarter

Satan Bipson costume is so sick.

Indeed it is. Both this and his 30th anniversary costumes are extremely well done.

_Dffqm

kirblar

As the year goes on it gets more and more obvious how much that CFN delay ended up screwing with their release scheduling. I cannot believe that they deliberately stacked this many costumes into one update.

They also need to get the season pass characters finished off earlier in the year due to the CPT. Save the crazy costumes/stages for the fall to ease the content gap.

Pompadour

As the year goes on it gets more and more obvious how much that CFN delay ended up screwing with their release scheduling. I cannot believe that they deliberately stacked this many costumes into one update.

They also need to get the season pass characters finished off earlier in the year due to the CPT. Save the crazy costumes/stages for the fall to ease the content gap.

They need DLC people want (characters/stages) to get people to turn on the game and maybe buy something they weren't planning on buying (costumes). It's the same reason that whenever SFxT would release some paid DLC colors to use in Color Edit they'd throw in some free ones so people open the store page.

Kashiwaba

I want to know what I’m spending my money on. If they’re going to sell a character pass upfront they should reveal all of the characters. If not that then reveal half the cast and give unobscured silhouettes of the remainder characters.

NRS did it right with Injustice 2.

I won't be surprised if capcom didn't know what characters they are releasing for the year lool

lol

I hope Zeku is good because although I love almost everything about the character, I'm tired of running from everybody as Nash and am not feeling the rest of the cast.

Part of me wants to learn Balrog, Laura, Karin, or Necalli just to feel what it's like to be the dominant character for once.

Play Akuma, The only thing you'll miss is the fireball recovery.

Or Karin if you want a natural.

jett

D-Member
How can Capcpom make it so that Mika's vskill isn't garbage? What about absorbing two hits instead of just one? :O

How can Capcpom make it so that Mika's vskill isn't garbage? What about absorbing two hits instead of just one? :O
I personally have never been a proponent that every character's V-Skill NEEDS to be good since it ties into their v-meter building.

Personally, I wouldn't really touch Mika's V-skill and look at the rest of her kit instead but hey, that's just me.

jett

D-Member
Does it matter when she has a vortex?

Isn't nearly every character in this game a 50/50 machine

I personally have never been a proponent that every character's V-Skill NEEDS to be good since it ties into their v-meter building.

Personally, I wouldn't really touch Mika's V-skill and look at the rest of her kit instead but hey, that's just me.

It'd just be nice if it was useful. Especially when Mika is kinda crap right now.

Blueblur1

I won't be surprised if capcom didn't know what characters they are releasing for the year lool

They have to know by now.

Capcom's core issue - in relation to delivering timely SFV DLC - has to be a pipeline issue. The teams must not be meeting deadlines or constantly running into roadblocks. I imagine the issues at play are (1) outsourcing and/or (2) bad management.

If they're still outsourcing their art - which we're all willing to bet that they still do - they probably lose a lot of time going back and forth with external team(s). The management internally might be poor as well; employees may not be getting the guidance they need and/or might be wasting time on the wrong things (such as specific aspects of a feature or function).
No, that wasn't an MvCI joke.

Couple those two items along with Capcom's habit of staying quiet and I think we have a reasonable explanation for the poor state of Capcom fan communication.

nded

Let the charges stack between separate activations or make it so the charge isn't lost on hit. Maybe allow Mika to call Nadeshiko during the animation to make the opponent think twice about approaching.

Teh Lurv

Peeps ragequitting in casual is something i will never understand.

Ugh, I just had an Ult-Silver Vega player rage-quit me in casual on the runback after he eeked out a win in the first match. I handily beat him both rounds and he pulls the plug as soon as I stunned him with a sliver of life left.

Normally RQ'ing doesn't bother me in casual, but I look at his stats and the account clearly is someone's new smurf alt. It kinda burns me I didn't get the win that time. Anyways, added the guy to my blacklist under the 'disconnect' reason, though I wonder if Capcom pays attention to those BL reasons.

Has anyone got the MadCatz SFV T.E2 stick? The one with Ryu on the front. Since launch I've had issues with the connection being lose and constantly (yet briefly) disconnecting during games, and it's costing me some now.

Anyone else had this issue?

Has anyone got the MadCatz SFV T.E2 stick? The one with Ryu on the front. Since launch I've had issues with the connection being lose and constantly (yet briefly) disconnecting during games, and it's costing me some now.

I have a TE SFIV stick and mine would do that when I had a waycom style tablet hooked up at the same time. And it would boot me from the game.

I know it's not the same but maybe the issue is somewhere along those lines?

Earlier on I briefly played without being connected and aside from the lopsided visual, the stage select sure looked nicer without showing a bunch of shopping trolley icons.
Somehow Guile still snuck into my character select though, albeit transparent.

I have a TE SFIV stick and mine would do that when I had a waycom style tablet hooked up at the same time. And it would boot me from the game.

I know it's not the same but maybe the issue is somewhere along those lines?

It feels like the end that plugs directly into the stick is lose. And can easily be pulled out, even with the coil that tightens it being there. It's strange.

cHaotix8

Mika is pretty balanced as is. I can't see them doing much to her V-Skill without completely breaking it one way or the other.

I'd be more interested in Capcom addressing some of the sillier things in the game, ie Ibuki command dash startup animation and Akuma V-Trigger Air fireball/ex demon flip, or Vega Ex Barcelona in the corner.

Capcom should let the silly stuff rock. That's a part of fighting games and when you remove that stuff you remove the fun. Every character should have stupid shit, no more nerfs dangit.

Only a handful of things need nerfs. The rest should just be buffs and new moves across the board.

FluxWaveZ

Mika is pretty balanced as is. I can't see them doing much to her V-Skill without completely breaking it one way or the other.

When the rest of the roster is taken into account, I don't see how one can truly say that Mika is "pretty balanced."

Really, I don't know if I'd give that description to anyone who isn't top 10-13.

Edit: Well, I guess that goes into the nuance of the term. I think there are many characters who need to have certain aspects of them adjusted moving forward, and Mika is one of them. If the concept of "no nerfing" was to be carried forward, what I mean is that anyone who isn't in the top 10-13 would be the ones who would be getting notable buffs.

Surfside

Banned
Wow man I'm struggling like hell to even go silver with Menat.

Yeah she seems to be one of the more difficult chars to get good with. Maybe you should join the dedicated Menat discord group. They seem to be pretty active. Here is the invite code: YwWkvP7

Also on Menat, she seems to be a pretty bad matchup for Chun. As whenever i fight her, i get myself outzoned by her. Always need to get close in on the action.

mbpm1

Angry sim is pretty scary. If you can counter at least two of his options though he just can't hang in there damage wise though

Yeah she seems to be one of the more difficult chars to get good with. Maybe you should join the dedicated Menat discord group. They seem to be pretty active. Here is the invite code: YwWkvP7

Also on Menat, she seems to be a pretty bad matchup for Chun. As whenever i fight her, i get myself outzoned by her. Always need to get close in on the action.

Yeah I've fought a few Chuns as Menat and a couple of them tried to just zone me out. Doesn't work at all lol. You HAVE to rush her down or else you just lose.

A lot about this game is not balanced

Necalli's KDA is stupid after his disc guidance. Doing a back or normal does nothing as his Cr.MP will beat 3 framers and the LK xx MK xx Cr.MK frame trap.

Birdie's with his VT Double Head that some characters can't even deal with.

Guile's ability to Flash Kick as soon as the fireball recovery finishes

Fucking Laura's +3 OB normals that can lead to anything. +2 if you play a 4f character.

Chun's IAL being -2 OB while Sim's Yoga Gale is plus

Satan's VT EX Devil's Reverse that puts him at advantage.

Menat, just Menat.

The throw loops, hurtboxes not playing through the entirely of the animation, CC neutral, characters fastest moves being only 4f, AA jabs, jump in normals hurtbox.

Edzi

Do you mean the TE2+? If so, you *really* should have done more research on that stick before you bought it. The TE2+ pcbs are garbage and have known issues, and now that Mad Catz is dead you probably aren't getting a replacement.

You can either replace the PCB yourself with a Brook Universal board (about $130 for the ez mod from arcade shock) or get a new stick entirely.

Top Bottom