• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

kirblar

It's way more involved than that from what we saw I think. Gems gave you some cheap stuff, but I don't think they completely changed the style you would want to play like this.

It feels like MVCI's Gems.
SFxT had the same sort of questing (do X, gain Y) in place that this does.

The core gameplay problem is that it's just way too much micromanagement for a fighting game.

Infinity Stones, Assists, Arcana, etc. That's about as complicated as you want to get.

mbpm1

What's complicated about it though

Do a super 7 times and you get infinite meter

I'm more worried about what the gameplay effects

Gilgamech

The gem system isn't inherently bad, it was just that SFxT handled it poorly. Capcom's first mistake was not having all gems available to all players.

JusDoIt

You can just check frame data sources:

Abigail's Giant Flip MP

He was hit by Thunder Clap during his recovery the last few active frames (from 29 to 33), meaning he was grounded at that point.

Thanks. CFN's frame data wasn't helping, and I got the FDV app but it doesn't have Abby's info yet.

FluxWaveZ

Is there an SFV mod that speeds up the game (not talking about loading time)? Like, playing in matches going at 2x speed instead of the normal speed. I'd be interested in trying something like that out.

Is there an SFV mod that speeds up the game (not talking about loading time)? Like, playing in matches going at 2x speed instead of the normal speed. I'd be interested in trying something like that out.

I was actually thinking about something like that for training and reaction purposes but wouldn't it throw your meaty and combo timings off?

FluxWaveZ

I was actually thinking about something like that for training and reaction purposes but wouldn't it throw your meaty and combo timings off?

It likely would, but I imagine it could also be helpful for things like anti-air reactions and reactions to other things as well. It's something I used to mess around with in Smash 4's Training mode and, while I was mostly playing casually, I did feel like there was something to that. So it's something I'd also like to try out in SFV.

Reinstalled USF4 for the 5th time

Decapre is never coming back. She will remain a NPC in the SFV universe.

ED's V-Trigger is a poor man version of Decapre's

Like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGBT2tS2oQ

bSmoothFrameRate uncap the fps.

Sayad

Doesn't really matter if he's good or bad because he's awful to play, Kolin's ex hands second part whiffing after the first part hit is one of the most frustrating things for me in the game and that rarely happens, can't imagine playing a character who's whiffed combos are a critical part of his gameplay! Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sayad

They really dropped the ball with ED design, this character whole gimmick is easy input, but instead of making him a great character for beginers, the moment you try to take him seriously he's actually pretty difficult to use for players new to the genre, really short normals, harder confirms decision making than most characters, need to rely a bit on zooning... Abigail is much better as a beginner character!

Bob White

The gem system isn't inherently bad, it was just that SFxT handled it poorly. Capcom's first mistake was not having all gems available to all players.

I remember taking a long break from the game. My first match online was against an akuma with a blue health bar that didnt seem to budge. I lost and never turned the game on again.

Whatever gem he had certainly wasn't in the base game.

Mizerman

I remember taking a long break from the game. My first match online was against an akuma with a blue health bar that didnt seem to budge. I lost and never turned the game on again.

Whatever gem he had certainly wasn't in the base game.

Yeah, those damn DLC gems had little to no drawbacks. So needless.

That was a thing?

I wouldn't doubt it.

That game is a great example of a publisher doing so much stupid and consumer-unfriendly stuff that the whole community just moves away in disgust.

And ultimately come back when a new street fighter game is announced and stay there cause gotta play street fighter.

Sayad

I still want SFxT's Tekken characters ideas used in a 2D game again, really liked how the Tekken side played, about the only good thing in the game for me.

King was basically Alex done right, a light grabler who's game plan doesn't revolve around an oki game and not shit.
Kazuya, Ling, Nina, Jin were all interesting characters too.

Sayad

what ideas? I only know kazuya's unusual fireball
Slower jabs, long normals strings, a lot of command normals, no reversals or attacks with a lot of invincibility frames were common themes with Tekken characters.

Kazuya has wave dashing and electrics. Ling has a really strong mixup game just by using normals without involving grabs, projectiles to set it up or even needing to keep frame traps in mind. Jin fireballs were more about space control than zooning, you keep someone out of their comfort zone in neutral instead of straight up keep away. Nina was really fun to use, the ultimate neutral character, think someone with Cammy's neutral(minus yolo dive kicks) of depending on hit confirms and buffered normals, but with Chun's normals reach and Tekken like juggles once you get a good confirm.

sixghost

Should Vega w/ claw on be getting out poked by Chun and Gief? I had a couple matches tonight where I got dominated in neutral by these two.

Top Bottom