• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

FluxWaveZ

So you are saying my gimmicks might have a chance.

At least I won't go 0-2.

That's all I want.

If they work consistently. There are some types of players who make big deals out of single victories, like that dude who popped off like crazy for winning against some unknown on stream at Evo. But who cares about single victories; it's about making sure it's a trend.

aren't you still plat

kyle P said something hilarious and I stand by it. Playing against Plats on ranked when you're like maybe Super/Ultra Diamond & Master is like playing an RPG and going back to the beginning area to try level up when you're already near the endgame.

The way I see it, even those beginning level enemies will give you a bit of experience when you're overleveled, even if it's 1 point.

Spman2099

There is still a system for punishing rage quitting in place, right? I have had a lot of people RQ on me recently. Maybe they just can't handle that Abigail comeback...

Trickster

Just great, my fight stick isn't working properly. The joystick will alternate between working normally, not working, or making double inputs...

MechaX

So... how exactly do you play Kolin?

Was in another topic that got me thinking about having fun win or lose, and for some reason, I vividly remember playing Kolin against Rashid and having fun even though I lost 1-2.

I am still exploring finding some way to enjoy myself, because Cammy just ain't doing it.

Edzi

They should really let the WSO crew do more content for SFV. Those guys are really passionate about the game and cut through a lot of the negativity.

Also, stop letting Gootecks host official Capcom/SFV events.

I've played against a Super Diamond Bison who did the same thing.

Did it land?

They should really let the WSO crew do more content for SFV. Those guys are really passionate about the game and cut through a lot of the negativity.

What, you don't want a guy that looks/talks/acts like they are almost constantly stoned being a public face for SFV?

Wholly agreed for the WSO crew, especially since there hasn't been a consistent 'weekly' show for SFV that is that closely affiliated with Capcom. I feel like a streamable show like this is absolutely necessary, and if Capcom JP were smart, they'd use such a thing to answer burning questions from the community on a weekly basis and quell negative sentiment.

Did it land?
giphy.gif

Shit, I should share stories of my scrubby online experiences more often if it gets us character teases for Season 3.

You're welcome guys, I got Sneakers to leak Haggar.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Disgusting. How dare you use a gif of a season 3 cast member to confirm that scrubby tactics like that work.

I'm referring to the mustache - its joining the fight next year. The rest of the character is not.

super mario odyssey guest character confirmed omg I'm so excited

mbpm1

So... how exactly do you play Kolin?

Was in another topic that got me thinking about having fun win or lose, and for some reason, I vividly remember playing Kolin against Rashid and having fun even though I lost 1-2.

I am still exploring finding some way to enjoy myself, because Cammy just ain't doing it.
Poke with cr mk or st hp or st hk, counter poke with any medium button or incarnation of hp.

Jump with st hk. Vskill when you read buttons in neutral but try not to do it on block or be predictable.

Aside from that kolin is so open ended that she can be played in a lot of ways

kikiribu

I agree with this.

mbpm1

I think gootecks is a good host, but I suppose there could be better ones. Capcom, go ahead and hire zombegoast as a host

If they work consistently. There are some types of players who make big deals out of single victories, like that dude who popped off like crazy for winning against some unknown on stream at Evo. But who cares about single victories; it's about making sure it's a trend.

The way I see it, even those beginning level enemies will give you a bit of experience when you're overleveled, even if it's 1 point.

I'm too busy sighing with relief to pop off after a match.

Did it land?

What, you don't want a guy that looks/talks/acts like they are almost constantly stoned being a public face for SFV?

Wholly agreed for the WSO crew, especially since there hasn't been a consistent 'weekly' show for SFV that is that closely affiliated with Capcom. I feel like a streamable show like this is absolutely necessary, and if Capcom JP were smart, they'd use such a thing to answer burning questions from the community on a weekly basis and quell negative sentiment.

"I haven't even played this game in weeks."
Like why even say that lol

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;245326887 said:
It's genius when you think about it.
Who would expect a Super Diamond to do something so crazy right out the gate?
Everyone, they ALWAYS do it

I think I'm gonna spend some time in ranked tonight. The prospect of points will get me to play more carefully and who knows maybe I'll make it out of Sliver.

lol no I won't.

Producer

Poke with cr mk or st hp or st hk, counter poke with any medium button or incarnation of hp.

Jump with st hk. Vskill when you read buttons in neutral but try not to do it on block or be predictable.

Aside from that kolin is so open ended that she can be played in a lot of ways

i should probably use her sHK more. I only use it to blow up throw techs

Teach me some nasty stuff with Abby.

I've been catching people with the cr.mk into run and grab just to mess with them. How about some cute meaty setups?

mbpm1

Teach me some nasty stuff with Abby.

I've been catching people with the cr.mk into run and grab just to mess with them. How about some cute meaty setups?
His meaty setups are pretty meh for the most part though he gets some simple stuff.

Off Abby punch dash up st lk or st Lp works if they don't back tech.

Off a throw he gets st hp as a meaty

Off of back hp hp combo he gets dash up st lp on quickrise and st mp on back tech. Same for Abigail's running throw. You can also command grab off of these situations

Top Bottom