• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

FluxWaveZ

I really couldn't give a shit about Menat, I doubt she's my kind of character

Probably the opposite for me. While I was heavily anticipating Ed, it turned out his playstyle isn't for me. But, knowing nothing about Menat, she very well could be the kind of character I like a lot.

Pompadour

Probably the opposite for me. While I was heavily anticipating Ed, it turned out his playstyle isn't for me. But, knowing nothing about Menat, she very well could be the kind of character I like a lot.

Yeah, that's true. I felt like Ed could be a Dudley-type with Psycho Shenanigans but I'm not feeling him at all. He comes off like half a character. I guess Menat can defy my expectations.

MechaX

If Menat is literally just Rose (with some long range game that is not booty and is not a charge character like Guile), I would drop Cammy and never look back.

Lulubop

After the SDCC panel I have come to expect nothing less than fuck all from Capcom when it comes to things like Gamescom and other gaming events/conventions

They always have a sf panel at SDCC, always. They didn't say to expect something that was on ya'll

There's no twitter tease so Menat but there has to be more than just 3 costumes this month.

Menat being a charge character would only be better for me tbh.

I'm sorry for doing that shit to ya'll. I was hoping for the collection to be real just as much as you guys were.

If you want to be able to alt-tab while playing SFV, then you should strongly consider going the borderless fullscreen route. It's really easy to enable and gets rid of all the issues associated with alt-tabbing a game running in fullscreen mode. When enabled, SFV essentially just acts like another window, except that it is still using the full screen.

To enable it, simply right-click on Street Fighter V in your library, select "Properties", then click the "Set launch options" button, and add the following:
Code:
-fullscreen -borderless

Also, LOL at "it's not a bug in [software] unless it happens to [X]% of people".

Scotia

Banned
I'm pretty sure it does but the odds are looking bleaker and bleaker.

colorswap.php

Pompadour

I'm pretty sure it does but the odds are looking bleaker and bleaker.

Wait I got that "Gamescom ends this weekend" OS to save me.

Doesn't everything get announced by the end of the first day anyway? E3 is practically over before it officially opens when it comes to announcements.

Capcom just might not give a shit about the anniversary "month". If this collection is launching digital only, like UMvC3's port, expect it to go on sale immediately after the announcement. And if the release date is in October then it might be then.

Of course, October is probably the retail release so they're pushing their luck on timing.

If Capcom doesn't say they'll be announcing something, you should assume they aren't announcing anything.

In other words, pretend they're like every other company.

I don't now why Capcom is the only company expected to have huge announcements every week, every event, but they don't. No fighting game company does.

Next big SF5 news is probably at TGS, which is next month. Even if something happens before then, we have no reason to expect it...so let it be a surprise.

It's more or less how blank they've gone in terms of character releases. They stated a character is coming every other month but then that doesn't hold true. Fine, but at least tell us.

This is a situation where leaks are harming more than helping though. Had nobody said anything, there would be no anticipation. And it's not just leaks, it was the retailer and the other guy in the FGC backing things up. Plus that lackluster EVO and SDCC showing didn't help.

Honestly most companies don't do much for their anniversaries besides DLC costumes, so it's not exclusive to Capcom.

Pompadour

If Capcom doesn't say they'll be announcing something, you should assume they aren't announcing anything.

I don't now why Capcom is the only company expected to have huge announcements every week, every event, but they don't. No fighting game company does.

Next big SF5 news is probably at TGS, which is next month. Even if something happens before then, we have no reason to expect it...so let it be a surprise.

I don't think everyone is expecting an announcement, we're just hoping for one since this is the SFV OT and we still care. Everyone elsed moved on or, to use the parlance of our times, got left behind.

Lulubop

Oh god, prosecuted Capcom. No they're communication is especially atrocious. They're behind schedule on the characters and have never addressed it. Even last year they gave us two at the same time because of the same reason, but they're sweeping it under the rug this year.

Pompadour

Oh god, prosecuted Capcom. No they're communication is especially atrocious. They're behind schedule on the characters and have never addressed it. Even last year they gave us two at the same time because of the same reason, but they're sweeping it under the rug this year.

I don't think they're actually behind schedule since they didn't announce one. Basically a US Capcom rep (Haunts?) outlined what they expected because Capcom wasn't on radio silence at this time and people were bitching constantly.

So you can hold their feet to the fire if you want but it's not like the first year with the unauthorized by CoJ roadmap they put out.

Lulubop

I don't think they're actually behind schedule since they didn't announce one. Basically a US Capcom rep (Haunts?) outlined what they expected because Capcom wasn't on radio silence at this time and people were bitching constantly.

So you can hold their feet to the fire if you want but it's not like the first year with the unauthorized by CoJ roadmap they put out.

I'm pretty sure they said every two months when they dropped Kolin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-of-snow-and-ice-kolin-joins-street-fighter-v
expect to hear more from us about each of the remaining four characters every other month beginning in February

Didn't hear anything about Ed till May, so they already fucked up and never recovered.

Pompadour

I'm pretty sure they said every two months when they dropped Kolin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...-of-snow-and-ice-kolin-joins-street-fighter-v

Didn't hear anything about Ed till May, so they already fucked up and never recovered.

That's what I was referring to. CoA is still Capcom even if they aren't running this thing so they can be held accountable.

But if they fucked up and still plan on doing an announcement every other month, then we can assume Menat is being saved for September.

Lulubop

That's true, you're right.

I hope that if Menat is for Sept, Zeku is at least for Oct. I mean him being released right before Capcup makes no sense, no one would put in the time with him regardless and then S3 drops right after too. Say he gets big changes in S3, like why even release this character? Do the right thing Capcom

I don't think many of the later DLC characters will get big changes. If we get an additional v-trigger, he might get one. If the v-cancel thing ends up being the change, then there's that and it'll be new to everyone.

I doubt Abigail will get anything massive, Ed will probably get some things reworked, Kolin might get a slight bit more damage, and Menat and Zeku will probably stay similar unless they are glaringly awful. Remember, they gave Akuma more health and that was it (which ended up being pretty good for him).

The stomp sucks, but I've only had it mess me up maybe twice every few weeks of matches. A bigger benefit would be great, but I don't know if Abigail needs a buff tbh.

FluxWaveZ

Is that actually a detriment? I don't play Abigail.

They should keep it and make it OTG. Stomp a motherfucker to death.

It's godawful and ruins everything sometimes. Removing it would be a buff.

#1 change I want for Abigail right now is for them to fix the run bug where what you want to come out doesn't come out.

Fugg I forgot about that bug. Yeah that's been the biggest issue for me. Part of the reason I lost a tournament match :mad:

But not for me. I was on my way to beating a super diamond, and that fucking pixel kept him alive enough for him to turn it around.

I love Akuma's buff. Thought about putting him as a secondary along with Urien. Having that one additional moment of comeback material makes him fun af.

LakeEarth

Yeah, Akuma definietly deserves that extra 25 health, it was just one of those nights of constant "this should kill, NO IT DIDN'T?!?!" moments.

Top Bottom