• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stupidest reason for a RPG/JRPG character joining your party?

This fucking fuck. I couldn't stand that disgusting little fucking turd. I don't even remember why that fuck even joined my party but the simple fact he was even in the game is a stupid enough reason.

I hate children in JRPGs.

Blues1990

Is there a time when a character joins a party, only for monetary reasons? Like, that they are super greedy treasure hunters and only care about earning as much booty as they can carry?

Son Of D

Is there a time when a character joins a party, only for monetary reasons? Like, that they are super greedy treasure hunters and only care about earning as much booty as they can carry?

Yuki in Enchanted Arms joins the party because she thinks that by travelling with them she'll be able to find rare Golems to sell and become the number one Golem Hunter in the world. Although later on I believe she
develops a crush on the main character and stays with him because of that.

Best I could think of.

Mistral in .hack//IMOQ joins your party because you can help her find more rare items.
Even when you're facing a deadly computer virus that has sent people into literal comas she basically just passes it off as role-playing and wants more items.

McNum

Gaius in Fire Emblem Awakening
joins in exchange for candy
. But that's cool, he's my favorite character :p
Also Tharja.

To paraphrase her recruitment dialogue:
"Why are you even talking to me? I'm the enemy. You know I'm going to backstab you, right? ... You DON'T have a problem with that?! Okay, I HAVE to see where this is going. I'm in!"

She is fun, though, pretty creepy and stalker-ish, but definitely a colorful addition to the team. Still... What the heck at that recruitment?

Top Bottom