• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
WataMote: 01

B97l4oP.jpg

Oh goodness, I knew what I was getting into... but still. Best OP. Best ED. Favorite of the season through one episode. Although it might be hitting a little close to home for me....

I kinda want to get myself an avatar from this, but I think that's probably already covered enough, and I'd have to get rid of Momo (Even though she'll eventually leave for Mikan).

Theonik

Strike Witches 10
i6FKlXD1nQ5Jx.png
ibeiaRCeEeBBVj.png
ibt0VgicocckQu.png

And so Perrine spent the rest her days taking care of Mio, living a quiet life together. Good End
*Links may contain buttocks, NSFW*
Some nice moments this episode. It was also an :SDBurton goldmine. Also :chet. It seems they finally decided to pay that sort of twist this episode which was pretty expected and can end only one way. Still fun to see. Also this is what they call "your ass is busted".
A great amount of butts. I think they've got a pattern going on now, alternating between butts and less butts between episodes.

Senyu (part 2) 15

Juli-kun is really good design. He and Dezember, must get involved fast instead of sitting in that room (nice touch when it zoomed out to an angle from the top of the room that their voices sounded farther away..)

Oofuri 11 - 12

This training has been fun and Hamada is a perfect personality to have added to the cast and to stick around. For baseball stuff, it really made the sport seem intense, fun, and what not, intesne swinging practice, the jogs, sliding practice.

--------------
And some anime pickups, Natsume Book of Friends 4 (will start s1 tonight), BLue Exorcist BD, and one of my animate orders this month.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Strike Witches 10

*Links may contain buttocks, NSFW*
Some nice moments this episode. It was also an :SDBurton goldmine. Also :chet. It seems they finally decided to pay that sort of twist this episode which was pretty expected and can end only one way. Still fun to see. Also this is what they call "your ass is busted".
A great amount of butts. I think they've got a pattern going on now, alternating between butts and less butts between episodes.

"Now this is what I'm talking about." - Couldn't have said it better myself, Lucchini.

CorvoSol

Gundam F91 pt. 1

Seabook Arno pushed a little kid to his death.
HAHAHAHA THE BLACK KID DIDN'T EVEN LAST FIFTEEN MINUTES. Why the black guy always gotta die first?
Cecily seems to be something of a brat. This guy with the purple hair looks just like Full Frontal's guy with purple hair from Gundam Unicorn. Except so far he doesn't have that smug look on his face.

Is this guy a Char Clone or a Darth Vader Clone? I cannot tell.

LordCanti

Watamote 01

I want....I want to jump off a bridge after this. One more reference to difficulty levels and I probably would have done it.

Blood Lad 01

Not bad. Some genuinely funny gags
her bones...I laughed
but some that fell flat. Will be watching to see if it gets better.

Uchouten Kazoku 01

Other than Monogatari, this is probably my favorite thing of the season thus far. It scratches that Wolf Children itch without being quite as sentimental. Loved episode 1.

Is this guy a Char Clone or a Darth Vader Clone? I cannot tell.

Vader, mostly.

Metrotab

Banned
Watamote - 1

She's so cute. I really like her thick manes of black hair.

Sad episode though. Reminds me of a younger age, after I moved to a new town and found it incredibly hard to make friends.

Some interesting design choices here.

So Silver Spoon airs on Friday huh... welp, I guess my hype shall be contained until then.

I'm still trying to think if I should keep watching Toriko, I just don't know why but I just can't sink into this show like I did HxH2011, One Piece, and Beelzebub, I just don't know why :(

Outlaw Star 6
tumblr_mpp25wiRr71qbxqfpo1_500.png

Easily the best episode yet, The assassin was a unique character driving the plot and Fred was an interesting guy to have around. The person writing the scenarios for each episode is doing a good job keeping each plot (ignored the one with the beast character) rather compelling and even injecting a bit of emotion into them to make them full of life, character, and even fun. I like it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon SuperS] 146
Because nothing says "freedom" quite like balloons in the sky. Except maybe naked lesbians on a motorcycle. :ikuhara

Another great Junichi Sato episode with tons of funny faces and the importance of capitalism. I've noticed Tuxedo Mask is becoming more and more prominent, as opposed to S where his role was effectively taken by Uranus and Neptune. I rather have him as the creep factor than the Pegasus anyway.
Is there a planet of "ball" people somewhere in the Sailor Moon universe?

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 19

Oh lol did the oracle just get crushed in that rubble. That would be amazing if she did. She probably escaped it somehow, but I got a chuckle. Most I can ask for at this point.

Something looked preeeeeeety off with those bomb animations with that old ship.

Wait, Sylua can pilot a fucking ship? Then what the hell is she doing as a fucking maid/ And stop referring to Michel as "him"; everybody and their dog knows she's a girl at this point and frankly, as far as I'm concerned at least, always have.

You guys didn't leave anybody to watch Ralph? Oh fucking hell! Yeah, I know that he's totally a pussy and sucks, but you can't just leave a hostage unsupervised. I thought this admiral dude was supposed to be smart and wise.

These swordfight scenes really suck. Cleo vs. a whole lot of armored guards, and yet they may as well just be dawdling their dicks. There's like thirty of you fuckers: just fucking overwhelm him! Oh, there you go. But then lol at the big guy just dropping a boulder on them.

Yep, it seems that Cleo and Vetti are indeed brothers. Called it. Well they're half-brothers, but that still counts. Well, if the admiral is accurate. Which he fucking better be; he stopped right before killing him just to point this out and got himself stabbed. Hope it was worth it.

And fucking LOLOLOL at Cleo carrying the admiral. All those fucking arrows, and swatting them away one at a fucking time. How could they possibly survive that? And "I got you covered, there's no need to hurry." "Hurry up!" Was this played for comedy, or did they really not realize this? Either way, I'm laughing.

AAAAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MAN, and I was just going to ask earlier at where the hell Cleo got his dynamite! Never mind that, where did this guy GET HUNDREDS OF STICKS OF IT AND STRAP THEM TO HIS CHEST?! I guess he got it from the mine...but how do you steal THAT MUCH without anybody noticing?! Or maybe they were in the ship (actually yeah, they were gonna blow up the controls)? But then why did the dude strap them to his chest instead of just GOING WITH THE PLAN?! The plan didn't involve strapping explosives to anybody; just blowing up the control system. Yet this guy at some point decided to become a kamikaze for some reason! Oooohhhhhhhhh man!

Nice little sendoff to the episode. "ADMIRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jintor

Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple 01

This was surprisingly fun. Cheesy and shonen as balls with a manic pixie dream girl who is unfailingly nice to the protag despite clearly outclassing his wimpy butt, but still fun. I'll throw it on the backlog in the shonen slot...

This was surprisingly fun. Cheesy and shonen as balls with a manic pixie dream girl who is unfailingly nice to the protag despite clearly outclassing his wimpy butt, but still fun. I'll throw it on the backlog in the shonen slot...

Oh your in for a treat with this show. I've seen it over 4 times (mostly because of re-runs on a certain channel) already and I'm still amazed at how much i like it. One of my top 10 right there.

Like Fairy Tail, the amount of fanservice is very toned down, although considering just how lewd the original material was, I can understand it.

LordCanti

Stella Women's Academy 01

eqxb8ai.gif

I guess it's a refreshing...uhhh..twist on the girls club format. It certainly has great animation, even if episode one didn't set my world on fire. It didn't help that one of the girls is literally Mugi at this point.

Mangirl

So I watched this in one sitting. Considering it's a three minute anime, that's about an hour. It's... OK I guess. The word I would use would be "inoffensive". Fairly standard anime fare. Worth a watch if you're bored and have an hour to kill. 6/10.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Stella Women's Academy 01

http://i.imgur.com/eqxb8ai.gif[IMG]

I guess it's a refreshing...uhhh..twist on the girls club format. It certainly has great animation, even if episode one didn't set my world on fire. [B]It didn't help that one of the girls is literally Mugi at this point.[/B][/QUOTE]

Seems to be a lot of this going around this season. There's a pretty obvious Mugi expy in [B]Going Home Club[/B] as well.

skip the anime. read the manga, with your pants down.

I hope you like training arcs. That's the whole series.

Watamote 1/2

Dropped, not because it's bad don't get me wrong, but it's making me cringe because it reminds me so much of myself in high school :/ I can't laugh at the humor because it kind of feels like I'm laughing at myself

School Days - 4: Inconsistence

angry-joe-xbox-one-reaction-o.gif

You...fucking...idiots...

First off, what's with Makoto suddenly getting re-interested in Kotonoha? You did it because you thought it would be fun? What the hell is wrong with you? Oh, there you go for her breasts you desperate ass! Good lord!

There isn't a girl who wouldn't be surprised if you just touched her boobs? UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE FRIGGN' MILLENIUM.

A training session? Yeah. Of course that's what this is Sekai! Just a regular everyday training session where you don't try to make any moves on Makoto!

Oh my...what are you two?... WHY YOU LITTLE BITCH!!!

What's the genre of this show again? Romance? Drama? Harem? Might want to add tragedy to the mix because we have a teenager who has no idea how to treat a nice woman being taught love by someone who secretly wants him instead, and he starts making moves on her. Seems kinda tragic to me! Stupid, and tragic.

Syrinx

Glass Fleet 20

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA Did Cleo seriously just jump out into FUCKING SPACE to get to his ship?! What...how...huh? And that smirk! And what the fuck's Michel doing? Is she doing it too?! I CAN'T EVEN!!!!!!! Oh, and by the way, sound doesn't travel through space; you can't say "Michel, grab my hand!"

So this relationship between Michel and Cleo is going...places I'd prefer they not go. I don't see any way that could end any way but embarassingly. That little twirl they were doing when the reunited (in fucking SPACE, mind you) was just...no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom