• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi - 03

Pii-kun, Mary is a good girl, so why she doesn't have any friends? Because she acts like an arrogant ass.
It would be nice if Momo-chan friendship made Tamaki Reika open more
Culture clash! Momo-chan was too harsh, it was the kind of situation where you just say, "Can I teach you how it is done?"
Dela's profit margins are insane!
Caught red handed trying to rup off MAHOUdou.

Mo~tto! Ojamajo Doremi - 04

Shame on Onpu-chan, she's worse than current idols, because in 2001(?) she was already selling handshakes.
I don't know why I had a feeling that Kotake would buy Doremi's cookies. *wink wink*
No, don't do this with Seki-sensei.
It was pretty funny when she talked about how much MAHOUdou changes, but it wasn't when she was all yadda yadda I'm fat because my boyfriend didn't answer my message

Aizo

Banned
Chōjikū Yōsai Macross
VKHzdTv.jpg
NWA.jpg
He's got a whole bag of N.W.A. stuff. I'm going to pretend he blasts "Fuck Tha Police" while flying his racer.

Eh. Nia II is the one that I like. Nia I is meh.
Also, does Yoko get a Gunman in the series? I could've sworn she didn't
but she does in the movies.

SAY WHAAAAAAAAT?!?

I've been wanting her to get one ever since the second episode! I thought the movies were just the same thing with some extra bonus scenes! That's a pretty big game changer!

Wait, are we talking about pre-Spiral King take down or post-Spiral King take down?

Jewelpet Kira Deco 3

Trial version magic go!

Police are like some of the best characters so far. It's like you get arrested for almost anything in Jeweland. Red is your stereotypical hot headed idiot character.

Anyway, it's clear that each of the human characters have desires of their own, and are not of the purest of hearts, which means expansion on these aspects later on. Pinkie just loves her Jewels though. Blue.... well, right now, I think it's safe to say that if you thought Yes Precure! 5 was creepy, this makes it look innocent in comparison, and that is one of the greatest things ever to grace this show, because Blue's libido is absurdly high
lol sheep butler got fired at the end

Based on aspects shown, each of them gained a new place to live with their respective animal who are similar to them.

Coal's antics were great, and made him look really incompetent, and unsurprisingly, Opal joins him to get back at Ruby. He must have a shoestring budget though.

• Hātokyatchi PuriKyua! 02
Oh Cure Blossom having wet dreams wahaha.

Just saying, this OP is just so good. It just reminds me of 60's TV music for some reason. haha. If 60's TV had mahou shoujo pretty cures.

When you're a Precure, there's no time for lunch, apparently. Forever hungry.

Oh noooo men in glasses. and enter El Presidente, stage left. I've had enough spoiler to know that he
she's going to become Precure 3

There was this Japanese guy in my computer class who just had this super slick sense of style. So he must have joined the Precure fashion club heehee

Look it's not-Cure March! She screamed really loud but didn't look all that shocked by it lol

Aww yiss monster of the week and we're not even halfway through the episode. No wasting time here!

A9xjXym.png

Erika really is adorable. Awwright new transformation sequence. wohoho CG in the transformation, too? CEE GEE OPEN MY HARTO

oTRvkso.png

Now another instance of Bubblebeam only being a useful move in anime.

Curse you cures, and your little dog too! See you next episode, Sausageorina.

HOLY SHIT DID IT JUST SHIT OUT THE HEART SEED WHAT THE GAHHH

Theonik

Mad Bull 34 02
ibia5NsXr3BJpc.png

This looked pretty JoJo-esque
This OVA man. This OVA. I fucking lost it at
him keeping granades tied to his pubic hair.
Amazing.
Plenty of awkward sex and
rape
this episode too. As you would expect from a Koike work.
Overal this episode had plenty of laughs to be had
seriously he just run over with the wheelchair to strangle him? haha
and the dub is still hilarious to boot.
We are not worthy.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 - 02

Episode 2 means Precure number 2! Cure NarutoRouge get!

Thank you again, No-New-Anime-Tuesday, for giving me time to actually watch some Precure. Well, that and my own self-control for not starting to play some Pikmin 3 again like yesterday. Because once I start playing that, I can't goddamn stop. >____<

This Nightmare evil organisation doesn't seem like the most pleasant of workplaces. I mean, the Dark Fall guys last series had to deal with Gohyarn taunting them all the damn time, but at least their little group was pretty relaxed and informal, all things considered. They certainly didn't have a whole meeting-room full of blank-faced colleagues staring accusingly at them after every mistake. Poor mantis-dude.

Oh, and Nozomi and Rin's flashbacks in this episode were crazy adorable. Mini-Nozomi was so cuuuuuuuuute I want to hug her can I hug her pleeeeeeeease.

You know, it's a good thing the Arbitrarily Determined Precure Number in this series is five, because these two have already got three other girls suspicious of them. Karen and Komachi saw the magical mess mantis-dude made in the library and are trying to find Nozomi to question her about how it all mysteriously disappeared, and now Urara has actually witnessed the Cures in action. Be more careful, guys! (Just kidding, you don't actually have to be careful, we know nobody will ever witness you unless it happens to be convenient for plot reasons.)

So are the Gurren Lagann movies worth watching if you've seen the OG tele series?

They're worth skipping around in. The only significant content added usually happens in the last 15 minutes or so. It just ups the scale quite a bit, which for the 2nd movie, is mind blowing.

CorvoSol

SAY WHAAAAAAAAT?!?

I've been wanting her to get one ever since the second episode! I thought the movies were just the same thing with some extra bonus scenes! That's a pretty big game changer!

Wait, are we talking about pre-Spiral King take down or post-Spiral King take down?

Both. It's a custom pink version of Dayaka's Gunman.

So are the Gurren Lagann movies worth watching if you've seen the OG tele series?

The first like, three minutes of the first one has a super awesome origin story for Lord Genome that was definitely worth it.

Theonik

Eureka 7 01-04
This is pretty damn awesome. I'm sold on the Sakuga alone.
The cast also seems to be quite cool and the setup is also pretty solid so far.
Also
Eureka is pretty cute and the romance story also looks promising.
Calling this now
Eureka is actually an android and this is going to be a big twist later and will devastate the MC.

CorvoSol

Eureka 7 01-04
Also
Calling this now
Eureka is actually an android and this is going to be a big twist later and will devastate the MC.

You're in for a really, really good show.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eureka 7 01-04
Also
Calling this now

Listen to Corvo, he knows what he's saying.

Eureka 7 01-04
Also
Calling this now

You will like this show.

Tenumi

Banned
Eureka 7 01-04
Also
Calling this now

That show is a great journey, no doubt. I didn't want it to end....

WataMote: 02

...Why am I so in tune with this girl? Its like she's speaking my language, saying the things I want to!

Seriously though, I love this show already. Sure, maybe I have more similarities with Tomoko than I even think, but... I enjoy this show.

CorvoSol

You know how I rant and stuff about shows I hate?

Eureka Seven was such a good show I sat down, shut up, and realized I was wrong and then told everybody in animeGAF that. Show changed my entire opinion about it. FMP! is my favorite anime ever, but E7 is something I would consider recommending prior to it. The music, animation, cast, setting, colors, concepts all won me over. One of the best love stories in any anime I've seen.

Narag

You know how I rant and stuff about shows I hate?

Eureka Seven was such a good show I sat down, shut up, and realized I was wrong and then told everybody in animeGAF that. Show changed my entire opinion about it. FMP! is my favorite anime ever, but E7 is something I would consider recommending prior to it. The music, animation, cast, setting, colors, concepts all won me over. One of the best love stories in any anime I've seen.

And now AO is going to take all that from you.

Eureka 7 01-04
Also
Calling this now

Oh man, are you in for the rid

By jesus, that's awesome.

Guilty Crown 1 - 2 (rewatch, dub)

Solid or even slightly above average. I like that they have some va's whom I hadnt heard much in other Funi anime so it kept things fresh. Though having Tsugumi and that VA use her most annoying voice was a bit of a slightly disappointing choice, to active and energetic. Daryl seem to be a good fit and got into the role...Shu is still likeable in the english voice, though for screaming and yelling, maybe could have been a bit more intense, like Yuki Kaji was...Cant wait for the BDs...maybe they can ship this month instead of all the way in August.

Jarmel

Banned
I will say that watching the movie is relevant to AO in a way.

Oh it definitely is.

And now AO is going to take all that from you.

I'll reiterate this, AO is a masterpiece. You just have to appreciate it from a certain angle.

He needs to get a cracking on the movie.

Isn't that just the Yoh Yoshinari Parallel Works video with narration added?

Yea when Corvo mentioned Genome, my mind jumped to the Parallel Work one. Which was awesome.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

You know, at one point I toyed with the idea of doing a NeoGAF Pretty Cure transformation animation for those designs I posted a couple months back.

Then I realized that doing a 60 second animation would require a minimum of 720 drawings to achieve the quality I'd want. And that'd be just for one of them. I'd either die, or be halfway done when the apocalypse hits and no one would see it anyway. *sob*

Cardfight!! Vanguard: Asia Circuit Episode 102 (eng dub)
tumblr_mq20w7ZzL11qbxqfpo1_500.png

Seemed like Bushiroad took a month break just for these final three episodes of Asia Circuit to go up on YouTube, though it was well worth it in the end, just for the sake of continuing and epic Kai action...
Pretty emotional and sad to finally see him lose and display emotions close to tears, fighting and fierce determination against odds he had no chance to go against. Typically was Aichi that would be crying but now, the one who gave the image of being tough, strong, and just hardcore about Cardfight admitting defeat, laying there, sad depressed and having to put his hopes for a win on someone else...that was really well done, sad, tragic, and kind of powerful. One of the best loses and losing moments anime has done in quite some time.

Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion The Blood is quite amazing. I hope it returns in the next season.

Articalys

Finally got around to watching

Samurai Champloo ep. 1-9

Fun.

Also I'm getting really good at identifying Hochu Otsuka in different roles.

Senyuu Episode 16

Tons of good moments and comments.
Ros calling on Alba was best
. Alba ought to have spent more time bored there, enjoyed it.

This anime still would have my pick for the short that ought to have been given full length episodes.

Jintor

Maou-sama 13 -END-

Oh my god what a capper. This show is amazing. The Dark Lord being brought down by a low-level scam lord was just the icing on the cake. I wish the series had a little better overall animation but the facial jokes are amazing and the overall humour and timing is fucking impeccable. What a fantastic series.

I kind of hope the scam lord proves important, although it would be maybe too narratively contrived to be true.

Anyway, second season plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom